Whos the worst F1 commentator?
(76 posts, started )
Hey ppl! I was just interested to see here who is the worst F1 commentator of modern day F1. I say Ayman Abdel-Wahed of Al-Jazeera Sport, thinks he knows shit about F1 when he makes so many bloddy mistakes. I strongly suggest go learn Arabic and then listen to this guy, he just ruins the races for the viewers.
#2 - DeKo
if you read any of the topics about james allan here, you would know how most people feel about him...
Well I don't speak arabic so I will be picking James Allen...infact I would like it if someone inserted a mass damper into his anus
In Germany, its probably Heiko Wasser.

I dont know about the commentators on Premiere though.
#5 - troy
definatly kai ebel, god i hate this guy ^^
#6 - ZORER
In Turkey, i must say all the CNN-türk commentators are worst commentators.They all talk too much but tell you nothing.Only a guy called Serhan Acar can read what's happening all around and tell you..All the other cnn guys just keep repeating what's already on the screen...
I watch the races on RTL even i don't understand German.
James Allen.
Quote from troy :definatly kai ebel, god i hate this guy ^^

Well, I didnt count him as a commentator, but IF he counts, I would definately chose him, too.

(Hes the one, that runs through the pits and the grid and annoys the drivers by asking stupid questions, every normal person knows the answer to anyway )
#9 - bbman
Heinz Prüller... Hasn't got a clue and tells the same stories from ancient times over and over again while he misses everything that happens on the track... He really does need the replays to be able to commentate what happened a few laps ago... :doh:
Our current Finnish commentators. They are totally blind, have no idea about anything and they speak in annoying way. Luckily I don't need to suffer from them anymore next season because F1 moves to a pay channel.
Quote from deggis :Luckily I don't need to suffer from them anymore next season because F1 moves to a pay channel.

Is there some equivilent of a protected list in Finland?

In the UK, certain sporting events (Olympics, World Cup, afaik F1 and Wimbledon) must be shown - by law - exclusively on a free to air (Freeview) channel. Test cricket was on that list - until the ECB took Sky's 30 pieces of silver and sweet talked the government in to removing it from the "A" list and on to the "B" list (the only highlights one). For that - www.keepcricketfree.com
Yes but F1 isn't on that list.

F1 tv rights didn't change owner, the same free commercial channel still owns them but now they are just launching new pay channels and moves F1 there. I think the channel just diggs his own grave by doing this move, their expectations about the pay channel succes is probably way too high.
Though not current, Björn Andersson and Arthur Ringart (not sure if spelled correctly), have been totaly crappy comentators here in F1. One of them had a stupid idea to use water instead of sandtraps to stop cars. Their other ideas were just as stupid.

Todays commentators are much better.
Vic Rauter on TSN in Canada. Fortunately once the race starts they switch over to Martin Brundle and (IMO the 2nd worst F1 commentator) James Allen.
Galvao Bueno, not only his the worst,but the only one, he predents to know stuff, and when make mistakes doesnt correct him self, but when someone does, he goes and keep on making fun of the other guy.

Well his the only commetator, because the Globo (a open channel) bought the right of F1 images on Brazil...
Is there any country, in which there are only good commentators?
Olav Mol is good, afaik.
Martin Brundle is very good. IMO
Yes, Germany has Niki Lauda.

I think, the opinions on him are also very different, but I think, hes good.
Worst is james allen - He misses soooo much like a car goes off and everyone sees it but james noooooooooo wait for the replay or martin to point it out lol.

Martin brundle is good though. Though hes not a driver anymore he still seems to know the whole technical side and can explain things.

What we need it murray-esk personality who is hyped up euthusiastic (spelling?)

i miss murray saying "and its go go go"
#21 - DeKo
IMO, murray and brundle were possibly about the best combination you could get.

and i know he's not a commentator, but steve ryder does my f*cking head in, so much so that i barely watch the build up, which i used to like
Martin Brundle should present all coverage of F1, he seems to be good at running around on the grid and always gives technical info while not pitching it over the head of average joe.
They need to pull murry out of retirement really, he was the greatest imo.

Quote from deggis :F1 tv rights didn't change owner, the same free commercial channel still owns them but now they are just launching new pay channels and moves F1 there. I think the channel just diggs his own grave by doing this move, their expectations about the pay channel succes is probably way too high.

every company that does this messes up big time... why would people pay to watch something that they've always gotten for free? Only hardcore enthusiasts will pay, whilst most of the audienced only watched cause they had a slight interest and it was free.
Quote from zeugnimod :In Germany, its probably Heiko Wasser.

I dont know about the commentators on Premiere though.

I prefer watching F1 on RTL because Marc Surer is far worse then Heiko Wasser
Quote from zeugnimod :Is there any country, in which there are only good commentators?

Speedvision in the U.S.

We've got Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, and Steve Matchett. By far the BEST comentary team out there. THey work great together, have lots of experience (driver, mechanic, etc) and they LOVE it themselves.

That being said, when they had Derek Daily cover part of the USGP I nearly wanted to shoot myself. That guy needs his vocal cords removed slowly and painfully

(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG