The online racing simulator
help [bought a copy of LFS on ebay]
(47 posts, closed, started )
hi i have just bought a copy off ebay of your program live for speed

and it claimed to be a proper version with all the cars but when i open it it works and says i have an S2 account registered in the players name i bought it from but when i go to select any car except for the demo ones it doesn't load them

and the same happens for the tracks,

have i been ripped off?
#2 - Don
well when you bought it, what did you get? some file, login details, or what?
Quote from hughesie89 :hi i have just bought a copy off ebay of your program live for speed

and it claimed to be a proper version with all the cars but when i open it it works and says i have an S2 account registered in the players name i bought it from but when i go to select any car except for the demo ones it doesn't load them

have i been ripped off?

Goto the LFS Main Site and login with your username and WEBpassword. When logged in it should show you have an S2 license. If you are using the 'hughesie89' account on this site, it will most likely say you are a Demo racer. If you bought the game under that account, then you might have bought the game on a fake site. If you can, please post a link to the site where you bought LFS. The devs would need to know about this (And they do know of some scam sites, so hopefully this is not your case)
Quote from hughesie89 :hi i have just bought a copy off ebay of your program live for speed

have i been ripped off?

We don't sell "copies" of Live for Speed - it's a free download.

The only thing we sell and the only thing that someone could re-sell are "licences". A license allows you to unlock the full content that is locked in the free download. A license is basically a user name that has been upgraded to S2. It also has a history, statistics, etc. To have a license, you need to know your user name and password.

We do not recommend or support the resale of used licenses.
I think someone's f*cked.

How much did you pay for it?
Quote from hughesie89 :
and it claimed to be a proper version with all the cars but when i open it it works and says i have an S2 account registered in the players name i bought it from but when i go to select any car except for the demo ones

as it says you have S2 account, then it sounds like its ok...but ask the person you bought it off of to send you the details again
Quote from hughesie89 :and the same happens for the tracks?

hmmm ...
Quote from hughesie89 :have i been ripped off

Not likely, as it says you are S2 licences in the box you said ... ask the man who ou bought it off

Init Moosh
Maybe ur multiplayer-option is set to Demo-Mode.

Choose the multiplayer-button in the manin-menue and then u see at the top which version u wanna race (demo - s1 - s2).

If demo is selected, then coose S2.

If S2 is selected and u have the same problems anyway - i don´t know what u can do.

c u on track in my mirrors!
When you bought lfs off ebay what did you actually get ?
good job i bought mine from the official site can't see why ppl would buy it on ebay when the official site has retail links.
#10 - Jakg
because people believe their getting something cheaper, when their not. I've seen SpeedFan (Its free...) on eBay, and OpenOffice (even giving a bloody link to the website where they say it's a free download!), where they both send you a "download link"

There are some scammers about!
What I'm wondering is how much did you pay? I hope you didn't pay more than 24£. If you did you've certainly been ripped off.
#12 - Jakg
yup, i think you've been scammed. Just looked around .com, .com.au, .co.uk, .de eBay's, don't seem to be able to find any others at least
i paid THIRTY bucks for it
the user has deleted his account (on ebay)

he gave a link to download the latest version (direct download from you guys)
AND A USR NAME AND PASSWORD WHICH I ENTERED into LFS and it said S2 Licence (which i was happy about) then i went into single player and TRIED to select a car other than the demo ones when i click a blank screen comes up (except for car, and ok) i thought i was strange so i just clicked ok it said could not load unamed's car

PLEASE HELP

p.s logining into the site doesn't work with the given details
Hm, when it says in LFS, that you are S2 licenced, then you should be.

Maybe the link, he gave you, was only a test Patch or something. How big was the download?

And there are 2 different passwords for ingame and lfs.net, so he should have sent you two passwords.
#15 - Jakg
Quote from hughesie89 :i paid THIRTY bucks for it

AND A USR NAME AND PASSWORD WHICH I ENTERED into LFS and it said S2 Licence (which i was happy about) then i went into single player and TRIED to select a car other than the demo ones when i click a blank screen comes up (except for car, and ok) i thought i was strange so i just clicked ok it said could not load unamed's car

PLEASE HELP

try re-downloading it from a different mirror, the clicking unlock, typing in the user name and password you were given, could a firewall be blocking LFS? LFS needs to connect to the internet to unlock

If you can't sign into the main site with that username and password, you've been had

LFS new is £24, about $48 USD. How much is $30 AUS?
Quote from hughesie89 :i paid THIRTY bucks for it

PLEASE HELP

Website login has a different password to game login.

It sounds okay then if you managed to unlock LFS that means the account is okay. Only problem is without access to lfs.net this person can easily just change the game password and thats you back to demo.

You did download LFS from : http://www.liveforspeed.net ? and made sure it was this one : FULL VERSION : Install version U from scratch (138 Mb) and not one of the patches?
i really don't care about online

i just want it to work

here is the problem
it only loads the demo stuff

what do i need to do

i have re downloaded from the link you gave me and it still does it
See the attachment.
Attached images
So....jpg
but i paid i have a licence this sucks
do you have the web and the game password for the account you bought ?
yes

i do
Very first thing to do if you have a name and login password is to log in to www.liveforspeed.net. If you can log in, immediately change the login password. The game password to unlock your LFS is completely separate from the web login password. After changing the login password at lfs.net, change the game password. Then use the new game password to unlock the game.

If you cannot log into www.liveforspeed.net, then I'm afraid we cannot help you out.
it doesn't work

web
usrname: mousehappy7
password:25124abacca

game
usrname: mousehappy78
password:25124abacca
you're a really bright fella, aren't ya.
This thread is closed

(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG