The online racing simulator
Look at my windows..
(12 posts, started )
Look at my windows..
Please could some1 help me..... this is my first ever render and i designed the paintwork myself.... what have i done wrong with the wondows and how do i correct this?

thank you very much for takin the time to read this... (also how can i make it more lifelike as i look at your work guys and it blows my mind!)
Attached images
gillardrender.bmp
Try assigning a different material to the windows instead of the same material for the whole car.
i cant seem to select the windows by themselves..... ?? thanks for the reply
Probably what you have done is a assign a skin material to the car. But you need to make the material for the car a Multi/Sub material, so that one 'blob' in the material editor actually has about a dozen sub-materials.

This is explained in the wiki article on rendering briefly - copy from the material browser to the material editor, and Robert is you mother's brother
thanks man but do you have the link for that?
also i cant seem to select the windows by themselves.... they all seem to come as the body of the car?? thats where im goin wrong also
The link to the LFSWiki is in my sig, but here it is just for you

http://www.lfsmanual.net/wiki/ ... orial#Material_Correction

You shouldn't need to select the car at all for this. You've just got to copy the imported material layout (i.e. a blob with multiple sub-blobs) into the material browser. This is in the wiki article.

Some of the article will not apply unless you are using the Brazil rendering plugin. If it's different then you may be able to either ignore it or do the closest alternative (a bit of common sense here will help - I managed it without Brazil or prior experience, and I have very little).
I think the problem you're having is that the entire car is grouped as one object. Select it then go to the Group menu then select Ungroup. You should then be able to select different parts of the car separately. Then follow the above advice.
Finally, move this new material into the the material’s ID n°14 (it’ll replace the old one)

thats the only bit i dont understand how to do
If you've got that far then your problem is sorted surely. You have a multi/sub material with the materials for each part inside it individually. Then you make the skin material inside that (on the material called Default I think it is, usually around 14).

To copy materials just right click on the blob - you can either copy, or clone (I forget the exact words, but basically one is a standalone copy, the other is a copy that is updated when you change the thing you copied from, if that makes sense).
okok i dont it but a few things....... my windows seem too dark? and also how can i make it reflect onto the floor?
#12 - Davo

Look at my windows..
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG