The online racing simulator
STCC Qualification Event (For Those Wishing To Join The STCC)
Sim Touring Car Cup
http://www.simtouringcarcup.com

STCC Qualification Race
The STCC is doing away with it's current waiting list system as the number of people wanting to join the series has grown well beyond the capacity of the series or the likelyhood of people getting to the front of the que before they reach pension age.

We loose a few drivers through natural attrition over time, to replace those drivers we will now be holding qualifying events. Any driver who wants to enter the Sim Touring Car Cup is welcome, provided that:
  • You are not banned from the Wrecker Barricade
  • You are not currently banned from the STCC server
  • You are not currently banned from holding an STCC race license
Our first event using this new system will be held on 19th November 2006 at 6pm UTC.

To enter the event you must sign up here to get a race number. 19 Slots are available and are on a first come first served basis, but we do plan on holding events every couple of months so do not dispair if you miss out this time. Some slots have already been filled by invite of those on the old waiting list.

The event will be held under full STCC regulations (available for viewing on our web site) including a few extra additional rules detailed below, additionally the event will be subject to post race stewarding before any results are classified and STCC entrants selected.

The number of actual STCC starting slots available is determined by the number of spaces available in the series at the time of the event. The STCC runs 10xRB4's, 10xFXO's, and 10xXRT. First choice of available car goes to drivers based upon finishing order.

However to qualify you must also not acrue more than 2 Warnings or 1 of any more serious penalty (such as a Caution) in the stewarding process.
If you fail to qualify, for any reason, you may enter subsequent qualification events.

Qualifying Event Format
Car Selection
Select your car from either XFG or XRG. A 1 lap race will be held on whatever track the server was previously set on to make note of your car choice, you will then be locked to that car choice for the event. You must use an STCC compliant car skin and "STCC" as the number plate. (incase any clips are used in our broadcast footage). The STCC number base graphic can be downloaded from our web site by downloading the Entry Pack (ignore the rest of it, it's out of date and will be replaced soon), it should be placed on the bonnet and each front door.

The STCC features multi-class racing, so shall the qualifying heats. The XFG and XRG are better balanced than the cars used in the main series, although the XFG/XRG have advantages on different tracks. By picking one before the track is selected we can ensure that more than 1 car type is on track, making do with the equipment you have is part of the STCC. Certainly it may make things harder for a driver who chose the slower car. Tough. That's the STCC.

Track Selection
A track and weather conditions will then be randomly selected.

You may not ask for setups whilst on the server. Getting a good setup is part of being a racing driver. No-one in the STCC has a problem with setups being shared, but we feel that the best drivers should have a few reasonable setups for their chosen car and be able to adapt it for a given track. I'm not saying the STCC is only for drivers who make their own setups, it's the polite ones who dont ask who would lose out otherwise. A fairer playing field for all is to make drivers practice a few setups before they join an STCC qualification race. Letting drivers turn up, grab a set, and crash into the first corner isn't what the STCC is all about. Practice your chosen car first and prepare yourself, if you don't want to do this, you are not STCC material.

Open Practice
30 Minutes open practice will be given on the track before the event begins for drivers to acclimatise to the track selection and fine tune their setups. Chatting, Shift-S, Reset and telepitting is permitted in this session. No post-event stewarding will take place for this session, drivers are expected to be civil toward each other.

Qualifying
There will be a 30 minute qualification using a unique qualifying format. Each driver may make up to 3 runs, this includes an outlap, a number of hotlaps on each run (specified at the start of qualifying) and an inlap. Your qualifying time is taken by averaging all of your hotlaps and NOT your best lap. Your current time and position will be announced as you complete your last lap, you should then complete an inlap and stop in a pit box.

Talking is permitted in this session (block messages to concentrate) but car reset is not, shift-s may only be used from a pit box. If you are stuck on track use your 'request safety car' hotkey and the session will be red flagged and restarted as per STCC regs. To start a new run you must first shift-s from your pitbox and rejoin the session for the software to detect the new qualifying attempt.

10 Minute Break
After an hour of racing you get a short break to refresh your eyes. The clerk of the course will announce when the circuit is open, then during this period and you may drive some extra practice if you wish to ignore your Doctors advice.

Race Lobby
The grid is manually assigned using the results of the STCC qualifying software. No chat is permitted whilst forming the grid so that it can take place expediently. Patience may be required, but going away from your computer and forcing the server to wait for you to join the session will just cause you to miss your grid slot, the STCC runs to it's own schedule, not the schedule of individuals. (note: You click Join session not Ready/OK).

Lag Lap
A half lap is driven in which you should confirm you have the correct starting position or report any issues. The lag lap may be repeated or there may be a return to the race lobby to fix starting position issues. This is not an official lap and is for the purpose of despiking lag after the race lobby and checking your grid slot.

Feature Race
The next session is a full length STCC feature race designed to last around 30 minutes. Full STCC rules are in force: No chatting, no shift-s, no car reset. At some point in the race a safety car will deploy (if one hasn't already for legitimate purposes) so that you get to drive under a safety car before entering a real STCC race. If you need to retire you should follow the STCC retirement procedure (either return to pits or move to a safe location (if possible) and wait a few laps, the Safety Car may deploy at the clerk's discretion).

Sprint Race
A shorter race, of about 10 minutes length, is then held with the grid being a reversal of the feature race. Retirements from the feature race may join the session and take whatever grid slot LFS gives them.

Finishing Positions
Your finishing position is the aggregate of your two results. If you tied for position your result in the feature race will determine your final placing.

Post Race Stewarding
STCC drivers are expected to act with dignity and respect toward each other when on the server. We have a formal procedure which replaces any need for "blue flag move you moron" and "no appology? t0£$er!". You will need to register on our forums to post in the stewarding forum, you may need to notify me of who you are registered on the forum as to get driver access in order to post.

Entry List
No. Driver
  • #1...Reserved
  • #2...Robert Bridgman
  • #3...Zorer
  • #4...Ben Dexter
  • #5...d6nn
  • #6...Forbin
  • #7...Paul Joslin
  • #8...shark.fr
  • #9...11sully11
  • #10..Loz16
  • #11..(-Mark-)
  • #12..keiran
  • #13..Never Used
  • #14..Clownpaint
  • #15..reven[cz]
  • #16..JJ72
  • #17..totx
  • #18..Fabien Pailler
  • #19..MadJ37
  • #20..audimaster
  • #21..spyshagg
The server is: STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
Password on the day will be: hawthorn
Server Filter: XFG+XRG+RAC
Can i join am on the waiting list
i'll join up too
#4 - Loz16
I'll join.

I also signed up on the STCC forum.
Well being told by Sgt.flippy im slow(damn him!). i want to prove him wrong

ill have a go
I'll give it a bash
me too
I'd like to join please
You've all been added to the list. See you there!
#10 - JJ72
Me too wish to have a try.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
#11 - totx
I would like to try it, please
lfs name : totx
lfs racer name : MHR » tot

Thank you
Welcome

Just 4 more slots left.
Will we need skins for our cars?
Yes.

I dont mind if they are plain white though, as long as they have the STCC number base on them, do not offend, and would not be "daft" or "out of place" on the broadcast, as it's possible a short snippet may be used in the broadcast show.

EDIT: I may produce a base design for each car that drivers can put their number on in instances where players cant/dont want to make their own skins.
Quote from Loz16 :Will we need skins for our cars?

Quote from Becky Rose :*snip*

You must use an STCC compliant car skin and "STCC" as the number plate. (incase any clips are used in our broadcast footage). The STCC number base graphic can be downloaded from our web site by downloading the Entry Pack (ignore the rest of it, it's out of date and will be replaced soon), it should be placed on the bonnet and each front door.

*snip*

Indeed you will .
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Loz16 :Will we need skins for our cars?

yes you will, and they will need to be "STCC" ones, which means using the STCC number plate (wrong word, i mean you know where the numbers are in that little white box?) on the Left and right side, and one on the bonnet - ill attach a preview of my STCC FXO skin so you can see...

EDIT - Beaten x2!
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Would anyone mind doing me one please?
i can give a shot at this event. if there are slots open
Yep I will add you in a moment.

I will be producing a series skin design for the qualifying events that you can use for a skin if you dont want to make your own. All you'll have to do is text a number onto it and upload it to LFS World.
I would like my own but i cant skin cars after i lost photoshop. And the GIMP is new to me.
#21 - d6nn
im in
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Added you d6nn, but in the middle of the list because somebody else dropped out, you're #5 .
#23 - Smax
Speaking from the point of view of a commentator, I would like to ask everyone to use a "proper" and unique skin.

The pre-release cut of the footage which we get to make the commentary from is quite low res, and has the H.U.D info removed [so Becky doesn't have to do it twice] Since everyone has the same number plate telling the cars apart is a complete b****** as it is, and your chances of being referred to by your name rather than as "oooh lookie there goes another one" are significantly better if your skin is distinctive.

Thanks.
Dont worry, the qualifying event isn't a broadcast race Smax - It might be that a few cuts are used to introduce a driver in the pre-show but I wont be editing two full half hour races a month, no way!
If my number is #10, like up top there. Ive managed to screw it up attempting to put it on a car.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG