The online racing simulator
Does InSim need Admin pass?
(7 posts, started )
Hi,
I'm designing an app that only uses the /echo function through insim.
Do I need to know the server's admin pass in order to use it?
Because i noticed that it doesn't work when I join a server with an unknown admin pass
Thanks
Yes it needs to know it. InSim will not establish any connection unless the admin password matches. But having said that, if you create an InSim app that connects to *your* LFS, you know your own admin pass anyway, and the /echo thing will work on any server.
hmm...my app only uses the /echo (which is only for me) and it doesn't function correctly when the admin pass in my lfs is different from the server's (even if the ISI packet has my LFS's pass).
But I found out how to fix it.If you leave your pass blank and the pass on the ISI packet blank, too, no problems arise

Or is there something I am missing?
Well, the reason it works when both passwords are blank is because they match, so if it doesn't work even though you have the same admin password in your LFS and in the InSim app there is definitely a problem. Perhaps your ISI packet is structured wrong?
Maybe this is a matter of InSim, because I can't find anything wrong in the code and when I enter the correct admin pass of the server in LFS+ISI, it also functions correctly...
Its a design feature Falcon1...
ok that's all I wanted to know
Thanks to both of you for helping

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG