The online racing simulator
Information about pit stops
(2 posts, started )
In real life, you would know if a car put fuel in in a stop or if they changed tyres (and if they were wets, drys, inters, or rallycross(Mmkay, only in S3 for the first 3)). Surely that would be good in LFS. Therefore, the echos would have to be changed from

[O2] The Duke made a pit stop

to

[O2] The Duke has pitted in
then
[O2] The Duke has added fuel and changed to wets.

This would also work better with script commands for pit stops (I.E. /addfuel 30, /ftyres slickR2, /rtyres slickR3, /repairs yes).
I think this could be very helpful if this data were also available to InSim apps. I'd really like to hear stuff like this from my crew chief when using LFS Companion. ie: "The leader has taken fuel and all four tires".

I'm not sure how useful script commands would be for pit stops. The last thing I want to do when I'm driving is take my hands off the wheels to type. I made a suggestion for improving pit stops in another thread and I'll repeat it here:

The number pad should be used to control pitting. The corner keys (7,9,1,3) could be used to toggle tire changes on/off. The 8 and 2 keys could be used for brake bias. The + and - could be used for fuel level. The 4 and 6 could be used for rear ARB adjustment.

So, for instance, I'm on lap 15 and getting ready to pit. I can press 7 and 9 to toggle off front tire changes (only the rear two tires would be changed). Then I can hit + a few times to increase the amount of fuel I get during the pit stop. Since the rear tires will be fresh and cold I want to adjust the brake bias forward and soften the rear ARB, so I press 8 two or three times and press 4 twice.

Most of this could be done using the existing F12 menu, but my way seems much faster and more intuitive. There's no need to open the menu and there's nothing to type. In addition, this would allow people to change each tire individually instead of being forced to change tires after X% of wear like it is now (this system is really poor). So, if I flatspot my right front during an endurance race I can pit and change just that one tire without having to change all four or know how much tread I've used on that particular tire.

Edit: This could be used to control whether or not damage is fixed as well. The / key could toggle fixing major damage, and the * key could toggle the fixing of minor damage. That way, people who have slight body damage could opt not to fix it, and people who have heavy damage, but who don't want to sacrifice the time, can opt to continue on while damaged.

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG