The online racing simulator
VirtualDub
(8 posts, started )
VirtualDub
I have terrible FPS. 10FPS at maximum whilst recording 1 car on a track.
After my first major video was a flop due to framerate issues I really wanted to try and see if I could fix the framerate somehow because I really like making movies and I would love to be able to make some really good ones. I can't though with the framerate.

Quote from SamH in the STCC Teaser thread :FPS is my biggest issue I can record at 18fps, so I record at half-speed, then use VirtualDub to change the fps to 36. Still not great though I'd love to get some improvement on rendering performance, if anyone has any good ideas.

How do you do this in Virtual Dub.
Can somebody please do a step by step tutorial of how to get un-jumpy videos using Virtual Dub.

Anything will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike
There's a frame rate option in the video menu.
Will that make the video smoother.

EDIT: It makes it smoother but it also makes it faster. I don't want it faster.
If you actually read the post you quoted, SamH records at 0.5x, so after frame rate doubling, he gets 1.0x. That's the only way around it, you can't just randomly make inbetween frames to try and smooth out video.
So a record the video slo mo then increase the FPS in Virtual Dub.
#6 - Jakg
no, let say LFS gives you 10 fps all the time, if you record at half the speed you still get 10 fps, but then if you make the clip double speed, it plays at the normal speed with 20 fps, understand?

Try to aim for 25 fps (30 is better) for videos
Oh right, yeah OK.

I'll try this later to see if it works.
when I do that i get around 6 fps when Im recording at 1/2 speed and the sounds unheard of untill I stop recording it goes back to the regular 37 fps when I times it by 2 to about 60 fps it makes it a good speed but there is no sound?

VirtualDub
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG