The online racing simulator
#1 - Smax
The world's fastest accelerating street legal car
That was on TV the other day. It may cost a lot less than a supercar, but at least a supercar gives you a rounded package. A street legal drag car is a nice idea, but with current speed limits it's a rather pointless certification, I'd rather having something slower I can sling around a nice mountainside B-road.
They don't point it out in the vid, but I imagine that it runs those 7.8s on street legal drag radials. I know there are a few drag radial cars in the states running 7's.

Personally I agree with Bob. I'd much rather drive a 14 second car with a thoroughly sorted suspension. Even 14 second cars require a good deal of self restraint to avoid driving at felony speeds.
Any car requires a good deal of self restraint to drive at legal speeds :/

(or is it a felony only if you go above, say, 200kph? )
Heh, regardless of all things said, that's still a crazy car. I don't think "I'd rather have" applies here, since none of us do. I'd rather have a fuel efficient car, but hey. Respect to the guy for having put time and dedication into building something like that, not many people work in a similar way.
Shame he had to give up a lot for his family though, but hey... a car is family, right?
"The torque is peeling my face off! POWAH!"
as crazy as that car is, cars like that aren't all that uncommon here in the U.S.

Ok, so maybe most of them don't have 2000hp, but there are plenty of 900+ horsepower mid '50s Chevrolets running around

Still be a fun car to have though
Yeah, 9-11 second old drag cars aren't uncommon in the US, but 7 second ones with valid registrations are still probably something you can count with fingers.

I've ridden in 10 second cars and can only imagine how sweet it would be to hit the loud pedal in a 7 second car.
i so want that engine for my punto ^^
can you imagine the look on that mcl f1 drivers face when he gets beaten by a shopping trolly ?
Quote from skiingman :Yeah, 9-11 second old drag cars aren't uncommon in the US, but 7 second ones with valid registrations are still probably something you can count with fingers.

That's cool. At the first drag meet I went to when I moved over to Canada from England, there was a street legal Chevy that ran a 7.76 @ 185mph (not 100% sure on the numbers, but very close to that if not correct), which set the record at the time I believe. This was at Mission Raceway in British Columbia probably in 2000 or 2001, something like that.
That's an amazing car. 0-60 in 1 second
That's unbelievable.
I don't think you could drive something like that around fast though apart from at dragstrips so it's really a pointless car..
I can't imagine whats next ?
It gotta stop sometime, but when ?
whens its after rollin 10 times and in through a house
and what is even more incredible is that... we've still haven't seen what electrics are capable of.

here is a modena and a carrera gt getting their asses handed to them by an electric..

(notice that: 1) all the noise comes from the petrol cars and 2) they gave the carrera gt the benefit of a rolling start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVV9azx4OBA
Quote :and what is even more incredible is that... we've still haven't seen what electrics are capable of.

here is a modena and a carrera gt getting their asses handed to them by an electric..

(notice that: 1) all the noise comes from the petrol cars and 2) they gave the carrera gt the benefit of a rolling start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVV9azx4OBA

I WANT THAT CAR NOW !
Or i will pince you other's !
I've been looking for that video for ages. My mate told me about it but he couldn't find the link again.
That's amazing though. The Atom rips your face off whilst driving it.
The Atom is an insane car, and more evidence that British car industry isn't dead, it just doesn't work in factories. The Wolverhampton wanderer up there I was less impressed with, it's a big engine with a big turbo and a very low gear ratio. That acceleration has come from somewhere. I guess you could argue the Atom's performance has come from somewhere too - in the Atoms case, range, but as ludicrous cars go I like the concept of the Atom.
Yeah I've seen that Smart video before. It's crazy.
The loud noise is actually coming from the Smart not the Ferrari. The rumble before the Smart starts up is the Ferrari engine.
The Atom is a great car.
I now want one when i'm older and able to drive.
Doubt it though.
Would be awesome.
#22 - CSU1
Quote from nutty boy :The Atom is a great car.
I now want one when i'm older and able to drive.
Doubt it though.
Would be awesome.

lmao! I'll never forget that
Attached images
1024.jpg
Yup.
That moment was indeed one of the greatest moments of Top Gear.
:ices_rofl classic top gear stuff
street car, yea rightillepall

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG