The online racing simulator
Where Are All The Online Players????
WHATS UP EVERYONE!

When I go to multiplayer mode and get the list of online server games it always seems like no one is ever online. there is a couple of drifting tracks and one other full on racing server but other than that, no one. Is this because I'm in the united states and the time difference? whats going???? I know there is more than 30 people who play this game online. I play Battlefield 2 and at anytime there are 1000's of people on....

Thanks for the help, I hope to see more people online.

my username is COOP201
#2 - Don
Hiding.

j/k

Battlefield 2 appeals to a somewhat larger (and younger) audience (who probably have little to do outside of school hours).
There are plenty of us in the US who play, but not too many who play during the day, especially on weekdays. Check on Sunday afternoons and evenings and you're guaranteed to find racers. Core and Land of the Free both host servers which have plenty of Americans and Canadians playing. LotF hosts weekly Sunday Cup races as well.

If there's a certain time of the week that you're available, let us know and maybe you'll find a few other racers who are available then as well. Just keep in mind that a lot of us have full time jobs, wives, kids, dogs, home repairs, etc, etc, etc which limits our racing time.
Two other things to remember about LFS:

1. It's not finished yet. This is a public alpha, so more people will find it as time goes by.

2. It's an independant project. The Scavier team can't possibly hope to compete in marketing terms with a company the size of (for example Battlefield 2) EA.
Quote from Cue-Ball :There are plenty of us in the US who play, but not too many who play during the day, especially on weekdays. Check on Sunday afternoons and evenings and you're guaranteed to find racers. Core and Land of the Free both host servers which have plenty of Americans and Canadians playing. LotF hosts weekly Sunday Cup races as well.

If there's a certain time of the week that you're available, let us know and maybe you'll find a few other racers who are available then as well. Just keep in mind that a lot of us have full time jobs, wives, kids, dogs, home repairs, etc, etc, etc which limits our racing time.

Also, I find that Saturday and Sunday mornings can be quite nice. You catch the evening croud in Europe. The pings might be a bit high, but usually not bad enough to have an effect.
Evenings in the US are slower because a good portrion of the LFS racers are snoozing away in bed.
Quote from Cue-Ball :There are plenty of us in the US who play, but not too many who play during the day, especially on weekdays. Check on Sunday afternoons and evenings and you're guaranteed to find racers. Core and Land of the Free both host servers which have plenty of Americans and Canadians playing. LotF hosts weekly Sunday Cup races as well.

I hear ya man. I work fulltime till 5pm so I dont start playing untill after 7pm.

i would love to find a steady group of US players or server to race with on the reg. I'm new to this game but not not new to sim racing games.

as for this game not being completed....I'm here to stay and don't care if it ever goes main stream.
Where are you located, COOP? If you're on the West Coast we might be able to organize something a little more regular. I'd like to have weekly races with people in the same general area so that pings are low and time zones aren't an issue. I'd love to find more guys who are up for a "hardcore" experience too as my friends and I are planning to race no-driving aids races shortly.
Quote from Dajmin :Two other things to remember about LFS:

1. It's not finished yet. This is a public alpha, so more people will find it as time goes by.

2. It's an independant project. The Scavier team can't possibly hope to compete in marketing terms with a company the size of (for example Battlefield 2) EA.

3. There will be hundreds of players online in 2008 and beyond, whereas 30 or less in BF2 by that time ...
Quote from Cue-Ball :Where are you located, COOP? If you're on the West Coast we might be able to organize something a little more regular. I'd like to have weekly races with people in the same general area so that pings are low and time zones aren't an issue. I'd love to find more guys who are up for a "hardcore" experience too as my friends and I are planning to race no-driving aids races shortly.

I'n on the east coast in new jersey. during the weekends would not be a problem cause i'm up till about 4 in the morning.
can't remember who , but someone here on LFS also lives up in new jersey.. wish i could remember who it was though
any more info on the lotf cup races? schedule or times or anything? Would love to look into it. Raced over there before but nobody was online.
Check out the NAL (North American League) site as well. Although NAL is slow right now (or last time I checked) you can get a glimpse of some of the NA players and try adding some to your buddy list in LFS world.

NASSA should be up and running regularly again on Wednesdays pretty soon, you're welcome to race with us of course.
Quote from MARSH2a :Are we running a Sunday Cup Series?

No, not us. Chops does, I think.

Yes, sorry. It was Chops I was thinking of. I was reading the thread with Chops, LotF, Eagles, etc the other day and for some reason LotF just stuck in my head.
Quote from XCNuse :can't remember who , but someone here on LFS also lives up in new jersey.. wish i could remember who it was though

bdshan is from New Jersey...

I lied, he's from Virginia. illepall
I havent seen it mentioned yet, but make sure u are running patch U or u wont see most of the servers.
Quote from XCNuse :can't remember who , but someone here on LFS also lives up in new jersey.. wish i could remember who it was though

CoRe.Forbin is from New Jersey.

BBT: NAL has closed down indefinitely. Here are some league/teams that regularly hold races:

Land Of The Free: Summer Series on Saturday evenings

Chops: Sunday Cup on Sunday evenings

League Of The Americas: Formula V8 Challenge on Thursday evenings

NASSA: Race of the Week (Wednesday evenings)

You just gotta be on at the right time!!
Yoink, the guy was just asking for help and we provided that to him. You're post ads absolutely nothing but stupidity to an otherwise normal topic. Thanks.
wtf yoink

forbin is part of core? didn't know that.. i think i know someone else though
#21 - JTbo
This is how it was when S2 was released, note how low number of racer were online before release and then BOOM there was suddenly lot of ppl racing, of course nowdays you can find always hundreds of wreck.... ahem, racers online all time
Oh yes, time before LFS World... well, maybe better that I won't go that far

Quote from yoink :Ah! I see. Another magnetic drivel black hole about a stupid topic, i suppose 'stupid questions deserve stupider answers'.

Wow...that was the most rediculous/worthless/useless post i've ever read....and on top of it..it's coming from someone that has 5 posts and has been on the forums for less than 24 hours. Great way to introduce yourself to the LFS communityillepall
I'm not going to quote all of your rediculous comments, but, you need to grow up and show some respect. Especially to Banshee

@COOP201 - make sure your server filter is set for S2 and not Demo...i've heard of this happening to people before...if you have it set to Demo then you aren't seeing all the available servers. Just a suggestion
#23 - JTbo
Quote from yoink :well you wont get that far in that piece of shit.

You seem to have some serious problems, why don't you crawl back to gave where you came from and grow up few years, then come back, bye bye.
#24 - Jakg
oh for gods sake, give up. I was thinking of lecturing on your pointless posts before, but i don't like being a hypocrite (), but know i've had enough - NONE of your posts are on-topic bah one, and NONE make any sense whatsoever. Give up.
yes but there is a fine line between saying whatever you want, and saying whats beyond rediculously debassing

continue to bring the useless spam and well.. i probably wont have to, but a moderator should keep you in control

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG