The online racing simulator
Triplehead2go help!
(14 posts, started )
Triplehead2go help!
I've got my triplehead2go now but i've for a few issues, quite a few.]

Firstly i have an LG1980Q for my main monitor and i ordered 2 LG 1917s. When i use TH2G the text on the main panel is abnormal, it is the panel i've checked, but in normal 1280x1024 it's fine! So i've ordered another 1917s

Secondly i'm getting a flutter across all screens, strong on the left hand and slightly less on the centre and right panel. it's the same at all resolutions. Anyone had this?

GTR2 won't run on the 3 screens, fine but when i load it, instead of taking on only the centre panel i get no picture only sound! Anyone had this either?

So far it's not workable.
I've spoken to tech support, idealy it should be running at 75hz not 60, i don't have the option at 3840x1024 to run it at anything other than 60hz. who's running at that resolution what refresh do you have set? have you had any flickering whatsoever?

I'm now testing TH2G on one screen at 1280X1024 which is what it was at before. if it flickers it's something to do with TH2G, if not then it's possible my graphics card won't run the higher resolution well enough
Then it's got to be either something faulty in the triplehead unit or my graphics card. It's true that if i run the lower res at 75hz it stops flickering but it still should be fine at 60hz. This flickers always seems to apear after a change on screen, so at boot up or when i boot a game up or come out of a game. It never just starts mid desktop or mid game.

What graphics card are you using cannon? I'm running a 6800 Ultra 256mb and it's supposed to be supported. I'm really begining to think it's the TH2G thats faulty.

I also have another oddity, on my centre screen i have veritcal lines where the text goes soft. It's only on triplehead that this happends and if i change to either side monitors for centre view it's not there. So the monitor is fine in single mode but not happy with TH2G. I've ordered a 3rd monitor to match the others and will sell this one off so thats sorted per say. But still odd.
I see you've got a 7800GT which is pretymuch the same power as mine. I've asked scan to swap it, after that if the new unit does the same i don't have a clue, it could just be that it doesn't like LG monitors.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Doeboy :I see you've got a 7800GT which is pretymuch the same power as mine. I've asked scan to swap it, after that if the new unit does the same i don't have a clue, it could just be that it doesn't like LG monitors.

6800 ultra and 7800GT are worlds apart speed wise
They should be but i ebay'd and found a few with lower clock and mem speeds, one was 425/1050 the others were 475 and 400! yes i know it's 24 pipes but still. My Ultra is 425/1100. besides it should still handle it. i was getting 90fps before 3 screens and i'm still getting 60fps so that tells me the card's not stressed at all.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Doeboy :They should be but i ebay'd and found a few with lower clock and mem speeds, one was 425/1050 the others were 475 and 400! yes i know it's 24 pipes but still. My Ultra is 425/1100. besides it should still handle it. i was getting 90fps before 3 screens and i'm still getting 60fps so that tells me the card's not stressed at all.

nope, no WAY is a 6800 Ultra and 7800GT the same speed, Clocks and Pipes tell you things, but they don't give you an amazing impression
It's flickered at 75Hz 3072x768 now so i'm pretty sure it's the hardware. We'll see by then end of next week
#9 - oops
Hi all, its been a while firstly Im not very tech minded but I have the same flickering on my three dell 17"'s, it only seems to happen at startup or when going in and out of different screens/games/email etc, it soon settles down and ingame its not very noticeable. It doesn't bother me so much now as I read someware that it has to do with the phase so I adjusted that a little from 95 down to 50 and this seems to have helped , but as I have no idea what the phase actually does Im kinda shooting in the dark,illepall

Hope this helps a little
Hm...so some else has the same issue. I'm waiting for my replacement, but i'm expecting it to do the same. Which is really shite as i've just splashed out £500 on 3 monitors! One particular game flickers 50% of the time when i boot it up.

MY phase was set at 85, you said it's helped do you means it's stopped or reduced the flickering?
#11 - oops
To be honest my flickering seems to settle down after around 10 minutes or so, I don't think lowering the phase helped at all maybe a little, so hard to tell. But it is definitely worse when starting a game or going in and out of different screens, as I said it does settle down after a little while, so I try to not let it bother me so much illepall
Please let me know if your replacement is any better?
how did you get the replacement ?
I just called Scan and told them it was faulty. I needed to start ruling out potential causes so it was first. I expect this one will flicker also, What graphics card do you have? I've got a whole list of things to try. TBH after spending £600 for triple screens i don't see why i should have to put up with it flickering.
#13 - oops
Here is a list of my spec :- AMD Athlon64 4000+,Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty PCI-Express ,2 Gb corsair Dual DDR400 Ram,Maxtor 250GB Sata + Maxtor 200GB Sata ,Inno3D Ge Force 7800 GTX PCi-e 256mb X2, in SLi mode,Tagan TG580-U22 580W ATX2.01 2Force SLi Silent PSU
I take it you had to send the original th2go back? cant wait to see if your new th2go fixs the flickering!
Yea, i've found Matrox's forum, oddly though they lock it outside of working hours. Tomorrow i'm going to post my problem, fell free to add yours to it as well. I've not found a single post about flicker which worries me. It makes me think that this issue is only affecting Brits which hold up as evidence for the different voltage between US/UK. We;ll have to see. The forum's also got details of workarounds for other games too.

Basically i've read up a little and simply when you've got such a big screen it takes longer to draw the pixels so you need a better refresh rate than 60hz. 3840x 1024 is the max they can allow because of bandwidth limitations.

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/index.php

Triplehead2go help!
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG