The online racing simulator
Brazil Grand Prix *spoilers!*
(161 posts, started )
Quote from keiran :Alonso has a new engine this race if memory serves me correctly. His was on it's 2nd run last time out after people were so worried his would blow up after his push right till the end of the Chinise GP.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have new engine. Immediately after Scumacher retirement, Renault dropped revs of Alonso's engine to spare it more for race in Brazil.
His engine blew in Monza, therefore he got a new one for China and had the same one in Suzuka.
So yes, new engine for him. (Although it's not actually "new", I read it's an old spec).

edit: Also: Remember that Renault is only 9 points ahead of Ferrari, and they really wanna win that WCC. So if Alonso only scores one point, and MS wins Ferrari and Renault have the same points in the constructors championship.
I can't see Renault saying: "Oh, Fisichella will finish ahead of Massa easily, do what you want Fernando, we don't need your points!".
So actually he has to aim for a bit more points for the WCC?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Part of me would love to see the look on Alonso's face if schumacher won the championship.

He might frown alot, but you'd need a lab analysis to figure that one out.
I know the odds are on for Fernando to win, but does anyone know if the FIA have actually told him he is allowed too?
Quote from Becky Rose :I know the odds are on for Fernando to win, but does anyone know if the FIA have actually told him he is allowed too?

I think they might let him this time. They've just changed their mind about customer engines and are allowing Ferrari to supply two teams next season. Two Ferrari-centric decisions in one week would be too much even for the FIA
Going for broke, the reds are using a 20,000+ rpm engine, no guts no glory.

Alonso is playing safe with a Spec D car, rather than the Spec E his team mate is using
Quote from Robster230 :Going for broke, the reds are using a 20,000+ rpm engine, no guts no glory.

Alonso is playing safe with a Spec D car, rather than the Spec E his team mate is using

Cosworth are bowing out of F1 by running 20k for the race too.
The season is going to end with a bang! (or multiple)
ROFL, the 2nd one is great.

I never saw that before.
I don't get it; where are the spoilers?
#40 - SamH
The thread will continue, with content about things that happen. If you're planning to watch a delayed broadcast, don't look in here (and don't forget to unsubscribe from the thread, if you receive updates by email )
OMG Schumacher has somekind of problem in his car at the last part of the quali! :S

Noooooo...looks bad for the next season, nonononononooo
Yeah, great!
Not the way I wanted to see the c'ship and the final race of this F1 era to be decided
well thats not too bad for Alonso , better than Shumi at least

Sad to see that happen to Shumacher , dunno what happened yet , looked and sounded quite weird though.

Calum
Shumacher 10th or 20th, netherless its music to Alonso's ears and for mine.

This will certainly make things very interesting tomorrow.

Congrats for Massa, liked his Ferrari Attire.
yeah that'd be crazy if Shumi goes 20th ! lol , darn , those Super Aguri's are always hard to get past ..................... safely

Good job Massa , Kimi , both Toyota boys , BMW not too bad either , unlucky for Shumi of course , no time posted last session after problems on outlap. Pedro De La Rose not the best , well done to Doornbos though of course , Coulthard just didnt do well at all , and it wasnt anything to do with bad luck either , just wasnt too good today. Monteiro set no time after spinning in first session , unable to restart , and so being put out at end of first session.

But , all did not too bad it was good watching , and for those who missed it , its on again tonite 11:55 local time , U.K ( on U.K t.v at least ).

Calum

EDIT : Results basically :

1 Felipe Massa Ferrari

2 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes

3 Jarno Trulli Toyota

4 Fernando Alonso Renault

5 Rubens Barrichello Honda

6 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault

7 Ralf Schumacher Toyota

8 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW

9 Robert Kubica Sauber-BMW

10 Michael Schumacher Ferrari

11 Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth

12 Pedro de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes

13 Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth

14 Jenson Button Honda

15 Robert Doornbos RBR-Ferrari

16 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth

17 Scott Speed STR-Cosworth

18 Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota

19 David Coulthard RBR-Ferrari

20 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda

21 Sakon Yamamoto Super Aguri-Honda

22 Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota
I hope that massa puts in a complaint about the BMW blocking him, or it will prove that the incident at monza was nothing but bad sportmanship and ferrari's attempt at trying to win the titles by cheating.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Forgot to add this.

i know its early days (as we have the race to run), but i feel its a case of what goes around, comes around for ms regarding his engine problems.
yeah , their ( Ferrari's ) constructor hopes are only still possible if its a 1-2 finish for Ferrari , so looks like they are not taking home any trophies on monday morning.

Calum
What a qualy for Massa, I couldnt be happier!! Rubinho did a good job to, i thought he wouldnt go very well on qualy since his practice yestoday wasnt good.
I honestly hope that ferrari wont do that same that they did with Rubens,where he had to let MS pass. If they do, since this time is with a brazilian again, and on Brazil, i doubt they will get out of here without a scrach

Brazil Grand Prix *spoilers!*
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG