The online racing simulator
Car Overheating etc
(42 posts, started )
Car Overheating etc
Hi,

I know this has already maybe been mentioned, but what do you think to cars overheating, loss off power and stalling.

Say, if you thrash your car around for 10 laps, doing very high revs, the engine should blow up, or overheat or something.

Also, make the cluch so the car stalls. Even with autocluch off, you still cant stall cars as the autocluch saves the engine ???

Maybe it aint a good idea, let us know

Dean
I would say search, but you'd have to do that at RSC

It's been sugested loads of times, and I think some form of temp modelling is planned for S2 Full (or one of the Alpha patches).
yep.. thats why the "temp" gauge is in the cars, so if your drafting someone (LOOK OUT KYOTO RING!) ... and your car doesnt get enough air.. boom.. popopop.. your out of the race, because your engine overheated

and yes... im gonna be upset if stalling isnt in S2 full..
I can't wait for engines to start blowing up

will be great fun on kyoto lol. people will be dropping like flies :P :P
Yeah, and steam for an overheating engine. Perhaps with cooling water on the track ...........
#6 - herki
not to mention some oil on the track, if you managed to really damage your engine
I think we're more likely to get the oil/water on the track when we get weather in S3. Why you ask? Well quite simply to create dynamic slippery areas there would need to be some concept of fluidity, which LFS doesnt appear to have at all and I cant see Scawen being happy with just blobs appearing and disappearing.
Yeh it would be great to have all the se things but you have to remember how much work all these little things add up to. We already have the best driving sim in the world.
Quote from FastFabi :Yeah, and steam for an overheating engine. Perhaps with cooling water on the track ...........

OH YEAH!!
Quote from herki :not to mention some oil on the track, if you managed to really damage your engine

yeah and the tires get exposed to it as well

so don't blame the audiance for throwing their banna peel on the track
Anyone who throws a banana peel at me will get a red shell up their clacker
LOL :bananadea
Wow all this stuff would be great! But u should be able to turn all this overheating etc stuff off cause some1 who sucks might get a bit pissed u know wat im sayin
Quote from chin chaw :Wow all this stuff would be great! But u should be able to turn all this overheating etc stuff off cause some1 who sucks might get a bit pissed u know wat im sayin

LFS is a sim racer not an arcade racer. If they want to race NFS then they'll go race it??
they should do it, and when your car flips you just wait. I know this is going to take a long long time to make but they should make so one (or more people) person drive a towing truck and tows the car to the pit. but i'm not sure if that would work well..
In LFS at the moment, if you drive at high revs does this waste more fuel, or is it a speed element ie driving at 110mph down a track wastes more fuel than driving 80mph down a track, dont matter if your at 7000rpm constant or 5000rpm??

cheers

dean
I believe its all calculated through engine revs, weight and speed, as in real life.
Didn't Scawen say that fuel consumption is linked to the power the engine is outputting at any time? So that would take into account engine revs and throttle position.
Quote from XCNuse :yep.. thats why the "temp" gauge is in the cars, so if your drafting someone (LOOK OUT KYOTO RING!) ... and your car doesnt get enough air.. boom.. popopop.. your out of the race, because your engine overheated.

Quote from marsden1002 :In LFS at the moment, if you drive at high revs does this waste more fuel, or is it a speed element ie driving at 110mph down a track wastes more fuel than driving 80mph down a track, dont matter if your at 7000rpm constant or 5000rpm??

cheers

dean

it matters by the enigine revs, when you're not moving and holding the gas so it revs, lets say 7000RPM it does waste gas, press F12 and see what happens
Quote from 1993S14 :LOL :bananadea

by the way what does a burned banna smell like?
thanks a lot, i was just wondering thaTS ALL

dean
Quote from 1993S14 :by the way what does a burned banna smell like?

If anyone burns a banna peel feel free to share your thoughts

:bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea :bananadea
Quote : LFS is a sim racer not an arcade racer. If they want to race NFS then they'll go race it??

COMPLETELY true! Agree.

Hahaha burn bananas ans share your experience! LOL.
I don't have any bannanas in my house at the moment, but when I get some and no one is home...

Car Overheating etc
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG