The online racing simulator
AI/bots..
(7 posts, started )
AI/bots..
Is there any way to get the AI cars to pit before they run out of gas? Also, what about the amount of fuel they carry at the beginning of the race. I'm pretty sure I don't have it set for AI to use my setup, though they always seem to only have a mostly empty tank at race start..
Quote from Tinytacohead :Is there any way to get the AI cars to pit before they run out of gas?

No. Perhaps in the future patches.

Quote from Tinytacohead : Also, what about the amount of fuel they carry at the beginning of the race. I'm pretty sure I don't have it set for AI to use my setup, though they always seem to only have a mostly empty tank at race start..

Dunno. Have u tried making the AI cars use your setup, where you have set fuel to max?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :No. Perhaps in the future patches.

Dunno. Have u tried making the AI cars use your setup, where you have set fuel to max?

that would do it.
But I don't want max fuel myself and I'm guessing I couldn't "trick" them into keeping a full tank while I go shed some? Guess I'll try that now.
They may be slower, but they are smarter than that!
Wellll, I can go to the garage and shed fuel and leave them running and they'll keep a full tank. That's not quite what I was after but I guess it works for now. My original reason for the post was I'd like to be able to setup a practice session server where there's always a few bots running, so people could join and leave the practice at their leisure and always have some sort of competition on the track. (without restarting the session) Hopefully AI pitting will be addressed before too long, but I'm not complaining at all - just somthing that would be neat..
* I got around that problem
Quote from Tinytacohead :But I don't want max fuel myself and I'm guessing I couldn't "trick" them into keeping a full tank while I go shed some? Guess I'll try that now.

Hey- I had the same problem and I worked it out. Create a separate car setup for the AI bots. (one with max fuel). Then as you add AI bots in the TRACK SELECT SCREEN, you can click GARAGE Button on the Right (above the map of the track). Once in the Garage - you can select the pre-saved max-fuel set. That setup is applied to the currently selected AI-Bot. Then continue to add more Bots....... The setup should transfer to all of them. (but you should check to make sure - Go back to garage)

Finally add yourself if you want to race to - and Apply your setup - from the GARAGE Button again. Then, you can hit - GO - and you're all on the grid - AI bots Max full & you have your own custom fuel amount.

No need to "shed" fuel. What a pain that would be every time to restart.

Edit: About the pit in problem. They wont do it at all yet. Even forcing them to pit with Shift-S in a different instance of LFS on the same server didnt work. They go into pit but wont drive back out into pit lane +LOL+ They turn into instant paperweights until you restart the race.

AI/bots..
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG