The online racing simulator
STCC Teasers
(59 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
STCC Teasers
Since there's such a long gap between the STCC broadcasts (which obviously is necessary in order to get the production together), some of us have decided to take it on ourselves to make some teasers to bridge the gap between event broadcasts.

After each new broadcast is released, watch this space for video teasers of the NEXT race in the season!

Teasers:
Quote from SamH :Since there's such a long gap between the STCC broadcasts (which obviously is necessary in order to get the production together), I decided I'd take it on myself to make some teasers in the meantime.

Here's the first Round 3 Teaser

It's the first of its kind I've made, and it's mainly so that I can get up to speed with the video tools available to me

From this clip it looks awesome, all so i see myself in nearly all the clips in this little teaser but does not bother nice advertiseing for sccc thou

EDIT: Check for a second time i am missing from to clips
Nice and cool teaser
#4 - Vain
Great. Well done!

Vain
is it still possible to enter this series?
i looked on the website and couldn't anything, also i could find what day and time u guys race...
Very nice vid Sam, well done
#7 - SamH
Quote from rc10racer :all so i see myself in nearly all the clips in this little teaser ... EDIT: Check for a second time i am missing from to clips

The next teaser may not have much if any of you.. each one will be different. I wanted to focus this time mainly on the battle between you and Jakg. For the result of that battle, of course, everyone else will have to wait for the Round 3 coverage
Quote from nikimere :is it still possible to enter this series?

The series is pretty full, but there is a waiting list that you can join. Go here and download the entry pack. The instructions are inside.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm just learning the capabilities of the video software, mostly. It's easier to do that when you have a goal, so I chose to create the teasers for that reason.
#8 - Jakg
now watching - looks good!

Well - this seems to be a video where i'm in damn near every frame, but i like it!
#9 - KeMoT
Round 3 teaser ?
This happens so fast, I just saw round 2 yesterday.
#10 - Vain
Production time of the broadcasts is always around 3 weeks. Though this video was made by Sam, while the video editing for the Broadcasts is done by Becky.
Oh, and while we're on the topic: What is the ETA for the next teaser? There were a lot more cool battles this round. And the music is cool.

Vain
#11 - SamH
I was planning on turning out a teaser per week, in the time between each broadcast. The most important thing in the teaser is not to betray the result of the race that the teaser is about, so the next teaser will focus more on the Round 3 Aston track, and a different battle for position, or multiple battles. Then the last teaser will be more of a "coming soon", with focus on the different teams and drivers involved. Probably. I think. What ya think? LOL!
#12 - Jakg
sounds good - although im happy with a more "Jakg-Centred" broadcast like this one was!
#13 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :sounds good - although im happy with a more "Jakg-Centred" broadcast like this one was!

I bet you are! LOL!

@Vain - the music is put together by a friend of Becky's. It's the official STCC soundtrack. Great, really, to have music which is very identifiable and exclusive to the STCC.
#14 - Jakg
well if i can ever get Fraps working (i press the button nothing happens!) i wouldn't mind if i could get a copy of that music...
This teaser is excellent .

The STCC theme is composed by Aaron Frensley. He is a musician for computer games, and as some of you know I program the odd little computer game myself which is how I know Aaron. I love the piece, partly because i'm a rock chic, and also because it was done especially for us .

In round 1 I also used a co-operative piece made by Aaron and Michael R King, it wasn't made especially for us but fitted the purpose well. I might be using this track again as grid music in what I hope to be a new, more complete, broadcast format for round 3.
Just watched it, very cool

u see alot of my wheel lol
#17 - d6nn
cant see it. just opens a window and says transferring data but nothing happens
#18 - Vain
Right click the link and select "Save target as" or however your browser phrases it.

Vain
Nice. Though fps was pretty low
#20 - SamH
FPS is my biggest issue I can record at 18fps, so I record at half-speed, then use VirtualDub to change the fps to 36. Still not great though I'd love to get some improvement on rendering performance, if anyone has any good ideas.
#21 - Smax
I SPY A NEW TITLE SEQUENCE!!!! one eleventy twenty three.

Seriously though frame rate through fraps is a big issue since the thing is making an avi out of bitmaps. Given that the eventual net release will be use compression of some sort anyway I always drop my video settings to 1024x768 16 bit and use minimal AA/AF, which gives me quite a big boost.

If you're playing at something mentalist then try easing it off a bit when you're recording. Oh and go make another dammit!!
why not use Game Cam Lite? you get good fps with decent quality... just a bummer i cant buy it, cant get sound
#23 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :why not use Game Cam Lite? you get good fps with decent quality... just a bummer i cant buy it, cant get sound

because if his pc is slow then it won't help

SamH - if i can work out how to get fraps working, i'll do any captures you want
#24 - SamH
Okay everyone, feel free to congratulate me on the birth of a new braincell

I've changed resolution to 640x480, and changed the recording to full-size. I'm getting a constant 30fps (set), recording a full speed single-player replay. I'm still getting pretty poor performance in multiplayer, though, but I think I can compensate for it by reducing the framerate and recording at half speed, then bumping it back up in VirtualDub.
Are you saving the video to a different physical drive than your windows partition or LFS? I've definately read something somewhere that this is the best way forward, and that older (5400rpm ?) drives will struggle.

I have no issues whatsoever recording at 800x600x32bit at a fixed 30fps with a full grid, and my system isn't exactly bleeding edge...A64 3500, 1GB, X800AIW all at stock speeds.

STCC Teasers
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG