The online racing simulator
help with graphix
(26 posts, started )
help with graphix

why is this happening and if you know how can i fix it? everything i do its like this
#2 - Jakg
tried re-downloading it? whats your graphics card/drivers? is it overclocked? is it running hot?
Looks like you buggered up your veiws and settings, my advice, turn off 'simple track', this can be found in Options>Graphics, Near the bottom. And try to set 'default driver view' to in-car, this can be found in Options>View. Also make sure you have not pressed the 'f' button in-game as this shows wheels only. To change view in game press the 'v' button. Also if that doesnt work try setting 'track LOD reduction' to no.

Hope it helps.

Wolfy
Quote from Jakg :tried re-downloading it? whats your graphics card/drivers? is it overclocked? is it running hot?

I was going to suggest that but at closer inspection it just looks like he buggered up his GFX Settings.
thanks
its a little bette the track is kinda sorted but its not done yet i still dont have a car
Have you tried pressing 'v' to change your view?
yeh ive tried that well i did all of that stuff you said and i fixed most the cenery but stil where i drive the floor goes blue

and has any one got the default skin for the gtr or whatever car it is
#8 - Jakg
Quote from RossAck :yeh ive tried that well i did all of that stuff you said and i fixed most the cenery but stil where i drive the floor goes blue

and has any one got the default skin for the gtr or whatever car it is

GTR? and what graphics card do you have?
i dunno what car it is, the car that you have to start with on the demo
and i dont know what graphix card why?
#10 - Jakg
because drivers, fuxxored drivers, no drivers, or the wrong drivers can all be a BIG problem!

If you could find out it could help

When you say "Start off with", do you mean the FWD hatchback, the RWD coupe, or the RWD coupe with a turbo?
hatchback
because looking through the files the skin for default isnt there although when i change car it still doesnt work

could you tell me how to find out what graphix card? sorry im not so good at pcs
#12 - Jakg
Quote from RossAck :hatchback
because looking through the files the skin for default isnt there although when i change car it still doesnt work

could you tell me how to find out what graphix card? sorry im not so good at pcs

ive attached the skin for the car you mean (it's called the "XFG" btw) - you need to put it in LFS>Data>Skins and it should work

Graphics card...

Right-Click on your Desktop
Properties
The "Settings" Tab
Now type what it says under the word "Display:"
Attached images
XFG_DEFAULT.jpg
i dont know what you mean by display what in game?
and i know what i have now, and looking through the text files it already know what i have, it doesnt change anything
#14 - Jakg
i meant, go to you desktop and do it, forget about LFS for a second
ok its either NIVIDEA GeForce2 Mx/Mx400

or Proview/EMC 565

something to do with those
#16 - Jakg
Proview sounds like your monitor

Right then, you have an nVidia GeForce 2...

I wonder if a driver update might help...
so theres nothing i can do?
#18 - Jakg
there might be (sorry if that isn't helpful!)
lol not really il ask my mate on msn so he can take me through step by step. maybe il fix it if not i dont know what il do.
I tried installing new drivers on an old PII computer with the same video card. It didn't turn out so good!
I hate to say, but i think he needs a new rig as that gfx card is OLD!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I hate to say, but i think he needs a new rig as that gfx card is OLD!

He could buy a Dell. Or just buy a new GFX Card.
His problem is that GF2-chip series doesnt support HVS, which became quite important in LFS S2. It is known that GF2s are causing these problems.

RossAck - im afraid that only thing you can do is to get some newer GFX like Radeon9600Pro. It is quite cheap today and really sufficient for LFS.I wouldnt recommend you driver updating, because new 9x.xx nVidia driver releases are focused to GF6/7 and SLI support and I am 99% sure that it has the same GF2 code which was used in 30.14 release(that code was a crap BTW, best GF2 drivers release was 29.92 )
You seem to know alot about that specific Card, well at least I hope that it sorts his problem out.
im getting a new computer around chritmas time i will have more money il be getting one that hopefully supports this

help with graphix
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG