The online racing simulator
Idea-AI bot league
(13 posts, started )
Idea-AI bot league
I just came from a server where everyone was racing AI cars. It was a blast to watch. That gave me the idea that it would be very interesting to have an AI league. That could prove to be quite interesting.

You could set lap quantity up to an average of using 95% fuel since they won't pit. But judging from some of the carnage I saw tonight, not many would make the distance I think. More reasonable would be 10-20 lap races. Use road cars and any track. No fights over favorite tracks, no restarts, no fights over who was at fault since no one has control of what happens, and it would be a blast to watch. Train your AI's any way you want. Run a quali session for the races and make the race start reverse grid.

Has this idea ever been brought up? What do you all think of this? I'd just go ahead and organize and do it if I had a server.
#2 - patko
I thought about it also, wether it catches on or not i cant really predict , but i gotta confirm , late night in , midly intoxicated watching the crazy ai, and everyone cheering on like a boxing match, was great fun indeed.

Must run somthing again soon thanks to fluid guys for setting up the server

Kingnoob & senna , hope they are in training, Arnie gonna pwn again soon
i remember doing this alot in S1!! was great fun!
it sounds.... diffrent but fun
Quote from patko :http://membres.lycos.fr/leagueai/

something like this?

Probably, I'm guessing, if I could read French, hehe .

I had forgotten I made this thread. Dialup sucks. You miss a lot of new posts and then they are gone next time you log on (marked as new that is).
#7 - Otaku
How do you add AI drivers to a server?? Is it possible to any server or it must be "AI enabled" ??

Can it be done in the demo??
#8 - Dumpy
When you set up a server you can allow each guest to add up to 2 AI cars as well. What I'm curious about though, is whether it actually uses the guest's AI files, or does it add the AI and use the .knw files present on the host machine?
it must use the guests files because it sees like they were talking about them not being equal...after all you do use your own setups and not the host's
Quote from Otaku :How do you add AI drivers to a server?? Is it possible to any server or it must be "AI enabled" ??

Can it be done in the demo??

Yes it must be enabled on the server and yes you can do it in demo.

When you create a server, I think there is a setting that states how many cars per connection is allowed or something.

EDIT: Sheesh, I hate dialup for forum surfing. I open a bunch of threads and read one while others are loading. Thus it makes me look like an idiot when I answer a question that someone answered 20 minutes ago. I swear, when I read his question, the 2 posts above me were not there.

ROFL at the post down there V
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :If I enter an AI with a setup with no brakes and he wrecks all your bots at T1, do I get banned or does the AI get banned?

you will get banned for pretending to be an ai
how do you Train your AI??? , and it looks like fun. if you guys do i race, i'll race my AI
#13 - Jakg
just let them drive around for about 60 laps

Idea-AI bot league
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG