The online racing simulator
Renault World Series
(66 posts, started )
#51 - mr_x
I have 4 tickets and may or may not be going, depends if i can tempt my dad to take me down there or not. (I'm not driving a Yaris on the motorway for 5 hours!)
I'll be going with my wife to meet up with UKCT =)
no more free tickets hmm maybe i could blag it
They hand out tickets for free at the gate on raceday.
Quote from Leifde :Did anyone else see that guy that kinda looked like Scawen?

lol - i take it u mean the 2nd guy on the right of the kumho sign? lmao

or do you mean at the event in general? if so - bah ignore me
Quote from DejaVu :

lol - i take it u mean the 2nd guy on the right of the kumho sign? lmao

TBH, I dont see any similarity.
I'll be there on Sunday (Drat, have to get up EARLY)

DK
I'll be there on both days, along with a few other UKCTers, we made an outing of it last year, may as well do the same this!
None of you gimps are going to Santa Pod for the European Drag finals? DAMN, you guys make me SICK!

P.S. Its Antonov.
Quote from JohnUK89 :I'll be there on both days, along with a few other UKCTers, we made an outing of it last year, may as well do the same this!

I'm so lucky I'm not associated with those drunks...

Oh wait...

:hide:
Going today. Heard that there was three hour queue to get in yesterday, anyone know if this was true??
Fun weekend, good racing.

My dad got video of the R26 doing a donut on the startline and also the big FR2.0 Eurocup crash (one ended up rolling down part of Craner Curves)

Very busy, took us a good 3 hours to get home (should only take 1.5 hours). Took about an hour and a bit to get in on Saturday, only about 20 mins on Sunday since we got there early (about 8:30)
Quote from Leifde :good racing

Please say you're joking there...in one of the FR2.0 races one car managed to punt another one while under safety car, a couple of people in other races had offs during safety car periods and the general standard of racing was worse than that on many public LFS servers. That said, it was a good weekend, just a shame that the "simulator" they had on a competition to win a PSP was Formula 1 on the Playstation O_o
Sundays racing was, well, I do see better when reviewing CTRA report replays. Many drivers were unable to complete a warm up lap and accidents under safety car are a joke.

I think also motor sports has become too scared of litigation and rolls out the safety car far too readily. I saw accidents which did not warrant a safety car and yet the safety car was deployed.

I also think the organisation sucked, when drivers keep crashing on their warm up laps several times in a row the last thing you do is restart the race with another warm up lap causing huge delays. You either say they've had enough warm up laps or you start them under safety car. We had some very short races which were shortened 1 lap every time they had a warm up lap (so they didnt need to refuel etc).

On the whole there was some great racing, I just thought the standard of both drivers and organisation was sub-public server.

I was entertained and it was a great day out. I wasn't expecting the 3.5's to be quite as loud as they were and wish i'd taken ear plugs!

Oh and the radio sets they gave out so that we could hear the commentary, the vast majority would not tune in to the frequency the commentary was on - which was a bit of a joke. I appreciate they were cheap, but that was taking the biscuit as they had the same problem the previous year.

It was a good day though and a lot of fun to finaly meet some LFS'rs.
My wife and I went on Sunday. We left after the big formula cars finished. I was getting tired of seeing crashes on warmup laps and the redflags. Like Becky said you see better races just hopping onto LFS. We had just moved into our house the day before and thought our time would be better spent organizing =)

I wish I could have cought up with you all. I figured Sam couldn't get his phone to work, no biggie, will catch you all next time. I was hoping to get someone elses number before you all went to the track, but nobody was exermely forthcoming with numbers and I didn't press the issue too much.
Alright, SOME good racing. There were plenty of moments at the Old Hairpin where it could have all ended badly but they somehow got through cleanly (I didn't watch much at other points), I guess the bad driving does sort of overbalance it when it was like that.

Saturday, IMO, was much better than Sunday. It was less busy (although it was still quite hard to find a spot on the grass in some places) and there weren't as many of the safety car periods. The Megane race was pretty funny with a fair number of the cars running out of fuel before the finish (except for that one guy that got taken out by the weaving leader)

I didn't bother trying to get on the simulators, the queue was ridiculous and, after all, I went for the racing.

Renault World Series
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG