The online racing simulator
Renault World Series
(66 posts, started )
Renault World Series
Hi,
Is anyone going to the renault world series 2morrow @ Donnington Park?

Its a free event

2 days of massive motor racing, packed with amazing entertainment both on and off-track, with exotic racing cars ranging from current F1 to vintage racers. Away from the track there is plenty to see and for the family to enjoy.

F1 Displays -

Renaults winning R24
Turbo charged RS01
Renaults 1st F1 car dating back 1977
Ayrton Senna's Lotus 98T

World Series -
Young driver from 18 different countries
Single seat racers powered by 425bhp 3.5-litre V6 engines
Megane Trophy -
330bhp 3.5-litre V6 engine + alot lot more

Donnington Park is near Leicester..

Saturday 10th September

9am - 9.30am - Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 - Qualifying 1
9.45am - 10.15am - Eurocup Megane Trophy - Qualifying 1
10.30am - 10.50am - Formula Renault UK - Qualifying 1
11.05am - 11.40am - World Series By Renault - Qualifying 1
11.55am - 12.15pm - Clio Cup UK - Qualifying
12.20pm - 12.40pm - Renault Histoire Et Collection - Parade
12.40pm - 13.25pm - Lunch Break
13.25pm - 13.55pm - Eurocup Forumla Renault 2.0 - Qualifying 2
14.10pm - 14.40pm - Eurocup Megane Trophy - Qualifying 2
14.55pm - 15.15pm - Formula Renault UK - Qualifying 2
15.30pm - 16.05pm - World Series By Renault - Qualifying 2
16.20pm - 16.35pm - Renault F1 Team - Exhibition
16.45pm - 17.15pm - Clio Cup UK - Race 1
17.35pm - 18.00pm - Eurocup Forumla Renault 2.0 - Race 1
18.20pm - 18.45pm - Eurocup Megane Trophy - Race 1

Sunday 11th September
9.00am - 9.25am - Formula Renault UK - Race 1
9.50am - 10.15am - Eurocup Forumla Renault 2.0 - Race 2
11.45am - 12.20pm - World Series By Renault - Race 1
12.45pm - 13.10pm - Eurocup Megane Trophy - Race 1
13.20pm - 13.40pm - Renault Histoire Et Collection - Parade
13.20pm - 14.05pm - Lunch Break
14.30pm - 15.15pm - World Series By Renault - Race 2
15.35pm - 16.00pm - Clio Cup UK - Race 2
16.15pm - 16.35pm - Renault F1 Team - Exhibition
16.45pm - 17.10pm - Formula Renault UK - Race 2
17.20pm - 18.00pm - Parade
I may go on Sunday if I have time, Renault have some very nice cars there
My mate (sidepants if any of you have raced him ) is a Renault nut.
It is a free event, but you had to apply for tickets online I think.

It`ll be worth it just to see an F1 car going round Donny
Yea should be good fun, Im going both days...

Hope the weather is ok
anyone have any videoclips of formula renault?
Hey I wonder if Moby is racing in this event!
Great day yesterday, no video or pics unfortunately. The Formula Renault cars were cool, so similar to the fxr But the Renault World Series cars were even better, so fast, so loud, and 30 odd of them on the grid. Made me think perhaps we need an intermediate single seater in LFS, its quite a big step from the fxr to the fv8. The WS cars are straight sixes...

Lots of goodies in the paddocks including a world of 5 turbos and Alpines which we drooled near (but not on), and half a dozen DeLoreans! Never seen them in real life and boy are they cool.

For a free days motorsport I cant complain, it didnt even rain
Anyone going this year? Its next weekend.
Tickets were free again but I think its too late to get them now.
We got loads We will possibly have some spare if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the headsup when tickets were still free
Man.. I wish I lived near Donnington (or that plane tickets were free too!) The Renault Megane Trophy cars look awesome imho; and look to provide good racing. Also, the F Renault 3.5 cars are quite possibly the best looking modern open wheel cars on the planet.
I'm going with my family for both days, staying at a Travel Inn or something near it

If the weather holds up it'll be a great weekend. If not, it'll still be a great weekend, just a slightly wet great weekend
Im going for both days with my dad should be good fun
Quote from mantis9 :Made me think perhaps we need an intermediate single seater in LFS, its quite a big step from the fxr to the fv8. The WS cars are straight sixes...

I think that a World Series Renault would be very similar to the FO8. The FO8 really is a doddle to drive one you've got the hang of throttle control. I think a small sports racer (Radical SR8 like) would be a better addition.
Quote from Daviddabest :Thanks for the headsup when tickets were still free

You started this thread a year ago, surely you knew about it?
I apologise, Ill make sure to post when the tickets come up for next years event.

Quote from ajp71 :I think that a World Series Renault would be very similar to the FO8. The FO8 really is a doddle to drive one you've got the hang of throttle control. I think a small sports racer (Radical SR8 like) would be a better addition.

I agree! Id love to see any Radical in LFS. We probably have enough single seaters for the moment.
I'm going as Media on Sunday! Yay Should be a good weekend. Lots and lots going on.....looking forward to gettting up close and personal with the Renault F1 car If you want someone to cheer for in the Formula Renault look out for my mate Alex Morgan. His female teamate is fit as anything too :P

#15 - SamH
Quote from ArosaMike :

"PUT THE TWEEZERS DOWN SLOWLY, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE MIRROR!"

Otherwise.. CORR!!

I'll be there both days, with a few mates. Really looking forward to it
Does his teammate = tiffany chittenden?

Looks a bit like her, but i'm not totally sure
Yeah that's right. Apparently she 'won' the 'So You Want To Be an F1 Driver' thing. Kind of says it all when it comes to the motivation behind the whole program! Still...I shoudn't really bad mouth her, as I expect I'll be meeting her LOL.
i went there wen it was in Circuit Zolder (Belguim)
WHAT A NOISE that F1 car:headbang:
She never won it (AFAIK), but she was in it for sure.

I'm pretty sure she got to the latter stages but she didn't win IIRC.

She seems a bit out of her depth in FRenault 2.0, she hasn't done a lot of Single Seater racing (Although I think she was alright in karts...)
Off-topic but how do you get a media pass?
Taking pictures on behalf of my mate Alex Morgan and his (Dads) team Macob Motorsport I race with Alex in karts at Uni and he's seen some of my photos so was happy to ask his team manager to sign the form for me
Got four tickets from me mate but cant be arsed to travel all that way for it as i live in Eastbourne. Sorry should have posted them up for free.
#23 - SamH
I just got back from Donington. Excellent weekend, especially for a freebie - though I still managed to spend £150 including fuel to get there, and food while there. Great time though!

I took 310 photos over two days.. thank god for digital cameras! I've attached a few crops
Attached images
Donington-193.jpg
Donington-225.jpg
Donington-239.jpg
Donington-279.jpg
Donington-288.jpg
Donington-212.jpg
I went down for the weekend, very nice weekend. The F1 car stole the show for me, but the meganes were definately produced the best racing IMO.
#25 - SamH
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the F1 car. What a sound that car makes. I wish he'd ditched TC and lit up the tyres, though.

The Meganes were fabulous racing. I really did enjoy those - consistently exciting and a wonderful sound, but the battle for first on Sunday's Clio race was absolutely the most thrilling battle of the weekend for me.

Renault World Series
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG