STCC Round 2 Video
(79 posts, started )
Nice broadcast, but it will be more interesting on longer tracks
We dont run many of those ... !
OMG!

Hey guys, this is better than RL!

Grats!
#54 - Vain
Quote from nesrulz :Hey guys, this is better than RL!

And it's getting even better for round 3.

Vain
Glad so many people enjoyed it, and I'm glad those that saw room for improvement (because there is PLENTY of room for that) managed to post their thoughts in a sensible and helpful manner.

Each one of the suggestions DOES get considered in some form, and we're trying to improve the end result, and how we acheive it. We've had the hiccups with the two-man commentary team, and we've learnt that Skype seems to be the best way forwards - it's something that will be tried before the next round.

Just like the people driving in the series, the people behind the scenes (as it were) are also learning - I've never done anything like this before in real life or over the internet, and the scope for mistakes and improvements is large. We're all trying to do a better job each time, and I'm glad you all seem to realise that after just two events (and one on my own at that) we can't be expected to have nailed all the problems.

And if you want an exciting commentary, make sure the on-track action gives us something to shout about
#56 - Vain
Quote from tristancliffe :And if you want an exciting commentary, make sure the on-track action gives us something to shout about

In that category round 3 will propably shine.

Vain
Round 2 was ahead of round 1 in many ways, there where huge leaps forwards and the only step back was a technical issue regards VOIP.

Likewise Round 3 will also be a huge step forward.

So much so that I am concerned in Round 4 we wont be able to improve anything and you'll all moan at us !
Quote from Vain :In that category round 3 will propably shine.

Vain

hehe yeah you're right, in terms of action we had plenty of it in round 3.
I'l just copy and paste what I said on youtube

Great video. I just had to watch it though, were really exiting :-D

Just a little tip, on replays when there is contact between two cars, and there is a lot of cars on the screen at the moment. Please use a sircle or something around the two cars that are involved in the incident, its hard to notice where to watch until after the acciden't have happened.
Thinking specially on replays from things early in the race
:-)
Quote from SamH :OffT: I'm on Telewest and my phone comes in on the same cable as my internet, so in literal terms, the phone home is occurring on my phoneline. Same goes for ADSL. Phone tapping shouldn't distinguish between the phoneline and the wire that the phoneline uses (hence "wire tapping").. but I'm not volunteering to test my own theory!

Slight correction, the cable that comes in from the main optic carrier in your street is actually 2 cables; a standard copper phone line, and a coaxial cable which carries your internet and TV. The internet is infact a collection of "channels" (read: frequency), amongst other regular "TV channels".
Medium quality is only 277 mb small ? wow grabbing
Another nifty suggestion, when you're following the lead car, how about some PIP (picture in picture action) with the main video being the TV view, and an incar window in the top corner? I've seen this often used in real broadcasts and is a good effect.

Although to be fair I know how tricky it is editing an LFS movie, let alone one that's over 20 minutes long so I'll keep my trap shut!

Quote from MyBoss :Just a little tip, on replays when there is contact between two cars, and there is a lot of cars on the screen at the moment. Please use a sircle or something around the two cars that are involved in the incident, its hard to notice where to watch until after the acciden't have happened.
Thinking specially on replays from things early in the race
:-)

you mean like in american american-football coverage ? where they stop the video the commentator starts doodling arrows all over the screen while talking some utter nonsense about whats going on onscreen and then the video goes on ?

would certainly add some comedy value to the whole video
They do it on American race series too, it's great for casual observers (as I am of American races) because when they name a car I can't recognise it on sight.

I hope that in a few races most of you recognise the cars though, because the STCC is currently the only league I am aware of broadcasting in this way.

For those interested, we have a pre-race interview with RB4 driver #53 Sam Hopkinson, done before round 3, it's available from the front page of the website: http://www.simtouringcarcup.com
Quote from Shotglass :you mean like in american american-football coverage ? where they stop the video the commentator starts doodling arrows all over the screen while talking some utter nonsense about whats going on onscreen and then the video goes on ?

would certainly add some comedy value to the whole video

ehrm no.

Lets say this is the situation.

You are watching the race live, when suddenly a replay from an incident several laps ago appearl. The replay shows us the start of the race, but the producer want to show the audience something specific.
Just a circle around the two cars or whatever while the video is still rolling is enough.
just a dimming of the rest of the screen, with a circle around the cars that is normal brightness would do the trick I think
nice video , shame about the wrecker named jamesrowe on the track hehehehe. YAY i got best start award hehehe, until my car became ridiculous to drive boohoo
I saw the STCC #2 before I saw the STCC #1 and honestly they rock..
The STCC #2 is the best movie I've seen so far when it comes to LFS.
STCC brings it to a whole new level... Having these races almost like watching TV is awsome and hilariouse when crashes or bumps are being made...

I remember watching the STCC #1 when in the last turn where the 1st positioner crashed into the wall and bumped the 2nd positioner...
1st positioner went backwards and did a 180 degree turn and sadly came in 2nd after being #1 under mostly the whole race... It brung alot of exitement through the entire race...

The STCC #2 was fun to watch.. I haven't focused much on rally but after seeing the movie on last wednesday, I ended up racing over 180 laps the day after.... In under 1 week I've driven 550 lapsillepall on FE RX Green...
The Norwegian LFS Community has no Rally in vision... Hopefully that will change now after we are starting a rally cup in hopes to get Norway, Sweden and Denmark in to the cup...

Thank you Becky + crew for bringing these movies to public and making them the professional they are... Looking very forward for the STCC #3
Quote from Becky Rose :

I actually think wmv is one of the first things Microsoft have ever got right. No other codec gives such small sizes, good quality, and works on all PC systems without installing un-trusted extras, and works on Mac's with 1 download from Microsoft (which is at least guaranteed to be safe). WMV is actually quite good, in my personal opinion. It certainly beats divX - believe me, I wasted weeks and weeks rendering stuff in DivX and throwing it away just to start over and the installer now comes with malware (yahoo toolbar).

I have to agree there, WMV is one of the standards in codec's for its quality/compression standoff, we would have used it for live streaming if it wasnt such a resource hog in live streaming... Thumbs up again for the quality of the video and the post-production as it's absolutly top notch.

The commentary was very good, every commentator has their own different style and whether or not that appeals to people is not a judgement of how good they are as a commentator. Keep it up lads.

As a general comment about the broadcast's, I would like to commend the entire team for such a solid and authentic production and look forward to many more great races...with me in it
I was just able to watch it now. Looked like an exciting race. Video was quite good. It was like watching a BTCC race .
Just with less crashing?
#73 - Jakg
Quote from Mischief007 :Less driver retaliations .

round 2 had as much contact as your average Demo race - i blame that on the fact that the FXO handles like a bath covered in lard on the dirt, and that somehow i was in the middle of the RB4's!
Thats because your just the 'best' Jack
Nah, you did well in that race , where as i did the opposit to well hehehe... worst ever, when it counted
#75 - Jakg
i know. My mum says im special!

STCC Round 2 Video
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG