The online racing simulator
Will there be a single player championship?
Assuming the AI will be finished in s2 final will we be able to run a single player championship in game with them?

If not will there be a way we can output the race results and therefore create a program to keep track of a championship?
since the AI doesn't race each other (except for the first 1 or 2 laps) but only follows the racing line and doesn't start overtaking, a single player championship is kind of useless..

fixing the AI, making their skills a vary from 90-110% in different parts of the race and allowing them to pit (which also could replace the horrile AI repair) would be needed first. i hope it will come sooner or later, but i doubt it - LfS isn't called 'online racing simulator' for nothing - could also be called 'do not race offline simulator' right now...
Quote from DasKlee :since the AI doesn't race each other (except for the first 1 or 2 laps) but only follows the racing line and doesn't start overtaking, a single player championship is kind of useless..

fixing the AI, making their skills a vary from 90-110% in different parts of the race and allowing them to pit (which also could replace the horrile AI repair) would be needed first. i hope it will come sooner or later, but i doubt it - LfS isn't called 'online racing simulator' for nothing - could also be called 'do not race offline simulator' right now...

thats why i said "assuming AI will be finished"
it was the same way with S1 final and i don't have many hopes to see intelligent AI before S3
If the AI was worth racing in S2 final, then it would certainly be possible to write an InSim app that kept track of a single player championship. However, I only think somebody would bother if the AI gets fixed up well.
I would be more than happy to write the program but i dont want to write something that is going to be implemented in S2 so i thought i would check

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG