The online racing simulator
Start multiple programs
(22 posts, started )
Start multiple programs
Can some one help I want to be able to load up mulitple programs before LFS but don't know how. any thoughts?
#2 - Jakg
bath files - how i do it for me
anychance of a bit of a run through of how you do it?
If you want to run them all together, just open a new text document and type the following;

START C:\Games\etc.exe
START C:\Games\etc2.exe
START C:\Games\etc4.exe

Obviously put here where your programs are on your hard drive, then click save as example.bat (example = word of your choice), this will create a batch file. Execute this batch file to run the programs.

If your file path contains spaces, then you need to do the same as above but put " around the path eg. START "C:\Program Files\etc.exe".

Hope this helps
Thanks alot mate I'll try that out now and tell you how I get on!!
Eerm... Sleepy mode, i've told you wrong, thats not gonna work how you want and i'm too tired to think ATM (Been a long day)

It should work fine if you do it without the spaces but not with the spaces
OK that didn't seem to work I made a new bat file with this in
start "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler\LWEMon.exe"
start "C:\Program Files\LFS\lfs.exe"

but when I double clicked it didnt load up either programs.
Yeah, as i said above, i've told you wrong

I'm no expert with DOS batch files so i cant think how to do it with spaces in the file path ATM, i know how but it's not comin to me .

Also, LFS is funny when it comes to being executed with a batch file, it seems to only work right when the batch file is in the same folder as LFS.exe.
Ok no worries thanks anyway I'll have a little play and see if i can get it to work but if it suddenly comes to you dont hesitate to tell me lol
Yeah, will do......... Man, i feel like such a dumbass ATM illepall
pretty sure the start command will only create new dos windows. just take out that word and leave it with.

"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler\LWEMon.exe"
"C:\Program Files\LFS\lfs.exe"

Edit.. spoke too soon. Doing that gives some message about asking if LFS is correctly installed. The solution is to switch to that folder first and then run it.. Like

cd "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler"
LWEMon.exe
cd "C:\Program Files\LFS"
LFS.exe
Ah the joys of batch programming (or scripting, if you prefer).

Though I'm curious, I've never used the Logitech profiler after my initial play around... what do you actually need it for?
Quote from Bob Smith :Though I'm curious, I've never used the Logitech profiler after my initial play around... what do you actually need it for?

It allows you to assign a button as shift, thereby doubling up the functions on the other buttons.
You're now going to tell me about other programs that can also do that... :P
I want Scawen to do that (make a Shift button assignable to a controller).
Shift? So button X has a different meaning while pressing the button assigned to "shift"?
OK I've made a batch file with this in:
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Office PC\Desktop\MOUSELOOK"
MOUSELOOK.exe
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Office PC\Desktop\CSR_02"
CSR.exe
cd "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler"
LWEMon.exe

It opens the first program but not the rest until I close the first and then the second if i want to open the profiler! And I want them to all open at the same time
Final solution
A bit clumsy but should work. Please use EXACTLY the same syntax:

start /D"C:\Documents and Settings\Office PC\Desktop\MOUSELOOK" MouseLook.exe
start /D"C:\Documents and Settings\Office PC\Desktop\CSR_02" CSR.exe
start /D"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler" LWEMon.exe
start /D"C:\Program Files\LFS" LFS.exe

E: AH, I know the problem. The stupid start command treats the first parameter as window title if it is surrounded by " " :doh:

PS: @ MouseLook
Great that works exactly how i want now thanks guys!!
Quote from AndroidXP :Shift? So button X has a different meaning while pressing the button assigned to "shift"?

Yes, so the 6 button Momo can have a shift key, and thus give you 10 button functions. Would be even nicer on the G25 where the wheel has few buttons, especially if the shift button is a toggle - then you can have the wheel buttons in 'look mode' or 'pitlane limiter/TC mode'. Awesome?
Well, a toggle would be easy. My LFS script for the MS FF wheel already does that and it would just have to be adjusted for the amount of buttons available.
I've got no idea about scripting to be honest. I tried reading the threads when it was released and my brain went all mushy.

But I am planning on learning it when I get my lovely G25 so that I can have each car perfectly setup to mimic what it should have if it were real. If I can make this virtual-shift button then I'll be a happy bunny, but now is not the time for me to bother thinking about it. At least I can set up LFS so that no matter how many times I change cars it remains perfect Hurrah (Thanks Android)
#22 - Jakg
ill upload my batch file (or the code all you need to do is paste it into notepad and save as a .bat file) tonight, it's rather simple, but does the job

Scripting is somethign i'll look into later, i'm more then happy with the options the profiler offers me (ie the shift button), and i need to work out how to get the profiler and scripts working correctly

Start multiple programs
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG