The online racing simulator
The F08s are back!
(47 posts, started )
The F08s are back!
#2 - DeKo
yeah i love racing fo8's, until i got banned from that server for saying "theres too much spam" <_<

but yeah, im glad the fo8's are back, there great for racing, if you get a good group of people together to race them
#5 - Goop
hi mum! :wave2:

FO8s are great fun, not sure that theyre all that well suited to Blackwood tho... more of an Aston car imo.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from alland44 :It got caugth, when we got the Bmw Sauber. All the speed freaks, jumped from f08 to the F1 - And the openwheel noobs, like myself, likes the closer figths and competition, in the easier driven fox.

the FO8 got a bad rep in Q for being deadly, then everything got easier and we all jumped on the sauber, now is their a single populated server running it? the FO8 just seems to have slipped between the cracks
And that's why GP2 is starting up. GP2 cars are just so much like the FO8.
#8 - Mc21
I always found F08's to be well in Westhill.
take the wings of the F08 and it will draw a different crowd and hopefully get some track time
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :take the wings of the F08 and it will draw a different crowd and hopefully get some track time

whaaaaat?! thats insane either way no matter who you are, thats just plain dangerous! illepall
Quote from XCNuse :whaaaaat?! thats insane either way no matter who you are, thats just plain dangerous! illepall

Not really just did a go in fo8 with no downforce at all did a 1.30.230 at westhill
Quote from XCNuse :whaaaaat?! thats insane either way no matter who you are, thats just plain dangerous! illepall

they did it in the 60's

balls to the wall racing for real men
#13 - Goop
FOX would be a better car to take the wings off... be pretty close to a formula ford, maybe a bit more power?
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :they did it in the 60's

balls to the wall racing for real men

Yep, and they weren't even using slicks. They were EXTREMELY hard compound bias plys that had full tread patterns. I remember hearing they'd actually use a single set over the course of several races.
it would make the FV8 faster in a straight line but thats about it :S i dont see any point in that.. maybe once we get good damage that affects aero we will find an easy way to break off the rear spoiler

formula ford would be more like the MRT with 40 or so more ponies
#16 - aoun
Ive personally perfered the FO8 compared to the FOX and the BF1. The BF1 is the most fun to drive, and the FOX is nice and easy to drive. The FO8 requires more skill and concentration and when your finnally fast enough in them, they become far more better then any other car :P.
theres a mod floating around somewhere on this forum which by swapping a few vobs turned either the bf1 or the fo8 into a wingless car ... maybe you should give it a try
Quote from XCNuse :it would make the FV8 faster in a straight line but thats about it :S i dont see any point in that.. maybe once we get good damage that affects aero we will find an easy way to break off the rear spoiler

formula ford would be more like the MRT with 40 or so more ponies

It's not just top speed. It also means a lot less grip, and therefore longer braking distances, less corner speed, and more care required on the throttle. The ultimate test of driver skill.
well.. i figured that was the obvious statement and if you dont know that then you shouldn't be here lol

hence the 'you'd only be faster in a straight line" .. meaning.. once you turn or try to turn, HOLD ON! lol
F08 is a fantastic car, I used to like the FOX better but now F08 after patch, requires that bit more concentration and skill to get just right
since the patch there is an actual progression now which mirrors real life

learn about downforce with fox then add learning to repect throttle with fo8 and finally progress to the "ultinate" in the bf1 (where due to aerodynamics and traction control you can unlearn the bit about the throttle )
I've found that the F08 is a lot less nervous since the physics patch and it wasn't that undrivable before the patch. I find it a really solid pleasant thing to drive these days, especially compared to the BF1 but with enough power to make it more interesting than the FOX. Incidentally, the FOX is a great car once you start trying to drive it really fast. It's easy to drive at nine tenths but getting that extra tenth required to play with the big boys takes real finesse.
Quote from tinvek :since the patch there is an actual progression now which mirrors real life

learn about downforce with fox then add learning to repect throttle with fo8 and finally progress to the "ultinate" in the bf1 (where due to aerodynamics and traction control you can unlearn the bit about the throttle )

Heh, thats a classic
FO8 around Aston Historic is superb. Simple as that. Blackwood's a bit fiddly but I'm getting the hang of it now.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#25 - SamH
I tried the FO8 the other night on Odd Combo at Aston North. What a wicked evil beast that thing is. I'm afraid I've been spoiled, now, by the BF1 which I love to bits. I'm happiest on Westhill in the FO8.

The F08s are back!
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG