The online racing simulator
Stecki Mobile dE
(57 posts, started )
Stecki Mobile dE
Hopefully never - It's fugly. Plenty of better designs to add before that thing..
Headlines: LFS Beats rfactor in most ugly car competition
Quote from Tony Pearce :Has there been any word on when we'll get our hands on the Stecki Mobile from Driver's Emporium????

http://www.driversemporium.com/zzz/sneaky.htm

since the dE shop has closed its doors and was bought by iRacing, there probably won't be any special LFS event anymore.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :fugly

What a Great Word. Me adds to ones Dictionary
Unlike everyone else here, I actually think that concept car looks pretty cool. But if LFS is going to add a car, the last thing we need is another open wheeler. How about a V8 sedan? How about an off-road truck? How about some sort of drag car?

There are a ton of better options to add, IMO.
-
(DodgeRacer) DELETED by DodgeRacer : keeping the peace
#7 - Gunn
I have cleaned some off-topic posts from this thread.

Despite the existance of so many varied points of view, many not entirely related to the topic's title, the LFS Forum is probably not the most suitable place for people to air their grievances.

Members can continue to discuss the topic without biting each other too hard please. Please do be passionate about your point of view, but please choose words more carefully.

Remember, on this forum we are here for LFS. :eclipseeh

thanks everyone
welcome to rsc.

old habits?

fresh is not so fresh after all.
please respect the art of a good witty charmful brawl. you have overdeleted. in fact its not the ot matter, its that the matter is sensitive to your other position isnt it?

how about telling the truth?

my first post was totally on topic wether u like it or not. and i aint here to please you.

this forum already sux for not letting people express their opinions on topic matters. about the personal attacks after i didnt complain, i didnt report it, i can take it. feel free to leave it.

delete mods, not posts.
Quote from Gunn :I have cleaned some off-topic posts from this thread.

Despite the existance of so many varied points of view, many not entirely related to the topic's title

All of it was on-topic - It was all about the stecki mobile and drivers emporium and LFS. :thumbsdow

Who had a problem with it? - The ones who are affiliated with dE no doubt.
Quote from Gunn :I have cleaned some off-topic posts from this thread.

Despite the existance of so many varied points of view, many not entirely related to the topic's title, the LFS Forum is probably not the most suitable place for people to air their grievances.

Members can continue to discuss the topic without biting each other too hard please. Please do be passionate about your point of view, but please choose words more carefully.

Remember, on this forum we are here for LFS. :eclipseeh

thanks everyone

And were did you hide these posts? You didn`t just deleted them, did you?
maybe we should just open a new thread about dE and the shop

that way it would be on topic!
Quote from inCogNito :maybe we should just open a new thread about dE and the shop

that way it would be on topic!

NO moderator should delete anything...he could have moved it. But seems like this begins to look like RSC forum...
But just as you know from now on...no one must write anything negative on Microsoft, Sony, ISI, and so on...threads willl be deleted by Moderator...

I wonder how many threads that is 100% on-topic...

Edit: You could give Me a explanation why you deletes my posts. It took me time to write it and ALL i said was 100% true - i can show you some evidence. Why did you choose to delete the negative words for dE? Will you delete posts in the future that is negative for other companys all over the world?. Why not bring the negative posts on dE in off-topic forum?
How many post have you deleted in other threads? Is this a common thing?
I don't see what the difference is with a point of view on say... something else, example:

Member A - "I don't like the way cars slide, please fix the physics devs!!!"
Member B - "What?!!? The phsyics are fine I love them!! You are stupid, go back to playing NFS"
etc etc....

Many people didn't agree with the car, and the whole viewpoint of what dE established as 'their' brand... not to mention the dissatisfaction of not getting what they paid for. If it were really off-topic, then everyone would be talking about why Coke is better than Pepsi, or why did Billy eat that dirty apple.... something stupid like that.

So it seems right to think that you don't want to see this 'Stecki Car' in the game, people don't like its appeal just as much as dE's.... ? That's all I can make of this. I don't see how it wasn't on topic, they are related in some way. Now this thread will just be talking about the deleted posts, and repeat itself :o

So anyways... in my attempt, I'll say again... the Steck Mobile is a bad idea for LFS. LFS represents a realistic and believable racing simulator, not something that takes an image like that of a F-Zero game for Nintendo.... If we want newer and faster cars, lets stick to cars that are techinically feasible, and not all just design and flash.
wow, said I enjoyed what I got from 'em and still got deleted. Sweet
/on topic - I dont like the Stecki car, doesnt feel right.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :All of it was on-topic - It was all about the stecki mobile and drivers emporium and LFS. :thumbsdow

Who had a problem with it? - The ones who are affiliated with dE no doubt.

please don';t get banned L(Oo)ney, last time you got banned from 'RSC,' they banned me too, and thought you where my evil brother, don't want this happening here )
:uglyhamme
#17 - Gunn
Well excuse me. The discussion was supposed to be about Stecki's car. Clearly only a handful of posts were on topic. And all this "RSC" crap? Leave it alone, you are WAY off the mark. I have no (and never will have) any affiliation with dE in any way. Have not been involved with it in any way, and have not even laid eyes on their forum for well over six months. My actions were simply a task of moderation.

NO posts were deleted of course, simply moved from the topic. If you want to discuss who didn't recieve what sox when and who got ripped off by whom you'll have a difficult time convincing me that a topic about a 3D model is the appropriate place for it. To make matters worse you can all so easily rip into me publicly but only ONE of you had the decency to even ask what had occured and why. Do NOT paint me with that same old faded and worn RSC brush, I take that as the gravest insult.

If you have a problem or question with any action I perform here then you should be man enough to discuss it with me instead of tossing the same old cliche insults from the sidelines. I am truly surprised by this reaction to a simple moderating task. Not only have people jumped to rediculous conclusions, but many of you have taken a run-up to do so.

Talk about a storm in a teacup.
So why are you not removing all the other off-topic posts out of other threads?

This one, for example...http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1323&page=1

Pictures of scawen with his hand down a hole has nothing to do with a progress report for LFS. Surely those should be removed aswell...
#19 - Gunn
Quote from L(Oo)ney :So why are you not removing all the other off-topic posts out of other threads?

This one, for example...http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1323&page=1

Pictures of scawens kitchen has nothing to do with a progress report for LFS. Surely those should be removed aswell...

Take it in context L(Oo)ney, I won't rise to your bait.
hmmmm, i think moderators should only interfere if a post includes really really mean insults.....

just leave the posters alone. the best moderators are the ones you don't notice. you don not have to do something, just to justify your status.
#21 - Gunn
The post DID contain insults and complaints WERE made. At 4am in the morning when nobody else is around and a heated discussion is propagating itself, AND I get complaints, AND the original question is not being addressed, the safest and best moderating action which considers the membership as a whole, not just as individuals is to move the posts to a safe location pending further scrutiny.

If I do nothing at all in this situation then those who complained are just being discarded, so some action must be considered in any case.

Removing only the potentially offending posts is unfair on those members, if I am to consider this as a free and open discussion, so I lose again.

Locking the thread would just be rediculous and unfair to the author of the topic. I lose again.

Deleting the topic, besides being something that I never done here or in other places that some people seem to incline, is not even allowed on said forum and has never been considered here as far as I can tell.

As I say, I performed a moderating action, it is not irreversable, it is not a personal decision, it is a mechanical one. And if you, like me, have at least atttempted to consider all of these possible outcomes then perhaps you, like me, would also have erred on the side of caution, posted a friendly response (not some power-trip induced ban or slapping) and moved the damned posts to a place where they could be considered by staff.

The original topic could continue as the author intended and I am clearly available and as many of you know completely approachable!
Well the author asked if there is any word when we will get the Stecki mobile. I have a feeling we will never see it, maybe from people's thoughts on the whole 'exclusive to dE' car idea... but it is upto the devs to make this all happen, and I have my doubts they will do so. I personally don't see it happening sort of, since iRacing bought the shop, and since we haven't heard much news of anything related to LFS really . Drivers Emporium was planning to make it a mod of sorts to only be run by them, their own series I guess. But since the shop has changed ever since this idea's conception, it probably will never happen now. Most people don't like the design, some do.

For the people that wanted to see this... well maybe Stecki will model it for the game when modding is open to the public in S3 sometime :o
LOL gee gunn you totally changed the topic of this thread by deleting posts lol... but you do have a point, Just what does not getting Socks have to do
with having some funky car?. It would've been nice if you didn't kill my original
post to this thread... I know i sorta spun off topic with it, but i thought it was at least sorta related.... after all with what happened to dE, it's pretty obvious
it affected the stecki car, so how will that affect the billboards that are
already in place?... do you see the link here? or should this be a new thread cause it is a serious question. and it does pertain to more to LFS, not dE.
#24 - Gunn
Nothing is "killed". I removed the entire body of posts as a conversation and it remains available as a body of posts without exclusion or censorship. Even the positive comments were included, it wasn't a descriminatory action, my apologies if it seemed so. As stated, I responded the way I did for what I see as relevant reasons and I have not deleted anyone's words. The issue I face now is addressing the complaints made about the topic. I had already responded to the one person who bothered to discuss it with me and I let them know that their post was still available if they wished to retrieve it. I had two reasons for the action and both remain valid. If any member wishes to retrieve their post and repost it in the topic that exists in the off topic forum, then I am happy to provide you with your quote. However the only way I can address the protests to the conversation is if our members refrain from personal insults and slander towards each other and others, even if they feel passionate about it, which many obviously do. Insults, deserved or not, cause fights and flaming. We all know this surely? I had no idea dE had left such a bad taste in so many mouths, as I stated, my back had been turned towards that direction for some time now. Looks like I wasn't alone. Having seen how emotive the whole topic has made people is really concerning and I don't mean to detract from your rights to be cheesed-off big time, and to say so.
just undo all the action u did here while there is time? bring back my posts. thanks.

Stecki Mobile dE
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG