The online racing simulator
G25 script ideas?
(3 posts, started )
G25 script ideas?
Well, seeing how the G25 will be coming into peoples hands soon, Any people have some ideas?

My personal concept is :
Quote from ME! :have the D-Pad being the pit menu adjuster, have the far left button being limiter, second being TC, third being handbrake, fourth being reset car, then the top buttons being something I have yet to figure out, and the wheel buttons being left and right look, paddles being shift up+down for the formula cars, and the shifter when in the formula cars; be in sequential mode for H-brake. and when in normal mode, have a paddle being h-brake.

Any other patient forumers want to wet their appetites on figuring out how to set their scripts up in the waiting time

(Also, if someone who has a G25 could take the time to post a mapping what each button ='s in LFS, I would take you on a long walk on the beach, or something of that sort.)

Edit: Tweak courteously provided me with this

rpaddle - button 4
lpaddle - button 5
rwheelbutton - button 6
lwheelbutton - button 7

shifter:
1st = 8,
2nd = 9,
3rd = 10,
4th = 11,
5th = 12,
6th = 13,
REV = 14

when in sequential shifter mode:
up = 8,
down = 9

(Black Buttons, top going Counter Clockwise, also listed with the PS2 layout)
Triangle = 15
Square = 16
X = 17
Circle = 18

POV Hat (Clockwise
Top = 32
Right = 33
Bottom = 34
Lower = 35

Red buttons (Left to right)

0, 1, 2, 3

Currently I use the black buttons with these text key commands:

15 = /press F12 (ctrl+F12)
16 = /press F9 (ctrl+F9)
17 = /press F11 (ctrl+F11)
18 = /press F10 (ctrl+F10)

POV Hat with the directional arrow controls to manage the menu:

/press Up
/press Down
/press Left
/press Right

**Keep in mind, currently in U20 there is no "repeat rate" for these /press commands, so when you want to hold down left or right to increase fuel amounts really quickly in the F12 hud window, you have to press it rapidly. A repeat rate is needed for the left/right commands at least, because for the Live Settings changes with Anti-Roll Bar for example, you really need to have a quick way of changing that. But you usually have enough time to make the Live Settings changes if you find a good straightaway. But I'd really like to have a press and hold feature, where if you hold longer than 1 second or something, it will go into a fast repeat rate mode.

Red buttons:
0 = Pit Limiter
1 = Horn
2 & 3 are F-key binds for F6 and F7
, and just used for important text messages I might use during a race

And the wheel buttons are the look left/right configuration. I am sure some people can get pretty creative, but I kind of left out the options like Ignition or whatnot because I've found my current setup is all I need during a race.... ESPECIALLY the black buttons allowing me to switch between the tire, damage, and pit telemetry hud windows

Lots of options when using this wheel, it is all up to you I still need to setup my scripts for switching between sequential shifter and gated shifter modes. And also some scripts for when I play CNR or Rallycross for example (handbrake with seq. shifter)
Now Tweak, after relooking at my original post, going "Duh, how will I get to the F* menus", you pretty much acknowledged that right there, and the 2+3, I think that I might use for TC+Igniton, just to say "LOOK AT ME. I CAN SAVE FUEL BY TURNING MY CAR OFF UNDER HEAVY BRAKING!!"

And Mods, if you think this should be in the programmer place or something, move it at will, but I thought it would be most appropriate here.

G25 script ideas?
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG