The online racing simulator
server -lan
(7 posts, started )
#1 - mik22
server -lan
hey i have been racing on LAN via hamachi with my other computer and they are not networked. when my other computer joins my server on here it says my ip is not valid. i have had a dedicated server running now and again and ever since ive been using that no one has been able to connect to me via hamachi . help?
#2 - Jakg
Quote from mik22 :hey i have been racing on LAN via hamachi with my other computer and they are not networked. when my other computer joins my server on here it says my ip is not valid. i have had a dedicated server running now and again and ever since ive been using that no one has been able to connect to me via hamachi . help?

because there is no reason to run a server over hamachi, just host an internet game, LFS only recognizes "proper" IP's, not Hamachi ones
#3 - mik22
ok but could you suggest what the problem is
Quote from Jakg :LFS only recognizes "proper" IP's, not Hamachi ones

He did.
Hamachi uses an invalid private IP address (5/24 if I remember correctly), which isn't supported by LFS.

LFS supports anything stated in RFC1918. i.e. 10/8, 172.16/12, 192.168/16 only.
#6 - Gunn
Quote from mik22 :ok but could you suggest what the problem is

The problem really could be that you have no good reason or need to run Hamachi. LFS networking works beautifully, why mess with it?
Quote from Gunn :The problem really could be that you have no good reason or need to run Hamachi. LFS networking works beautifully, why mess with it?

Because you can't play online when its cracked? :bananadea

server -lan
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG