The online racing simulator
Please help me with this
(13 posts, started )
#1 - VIP
Please help me with this
Hi. Can someone tell me what the message "MP time speed adjust" means? I get it everytime I'm doing a multiplayer race.

What happens is that I keep getting the message while my multiplayer game gets worse. When i join a game, I set debug mod on (shift+f8), names over cars, and values are always around 0.04/0.06 in all cars. Then I start getting the "MP time speed adjust" message and values over cars reach 0.35 - by this time the other cars are shaking right and left all the time as if they were lagging.

I hope to have made myself clear. Any ideas?
network problems, either latency, or lost packets, but i'd check for background processes like antivirus, firewall, spyware stuff and then check your connection.
#4 - VIP
I turned av and firewall off, but nothing changed. My connection is ok, so I don't know what might be causing this.

Is there any way to make the game stop adjusting "MP time speed". A change in the settings or any config file?

Thank you for trying to help.
So, you don't have any unnecessary apps running in the background, unplugged everything you don't need from the PC and don't have anything overclocked?

From what I've heard, this has something to do with the system clock running at a wrong speed, sometimes caused by programs or devices. IIRC once the issue was a USB device connected with a bogus USB<>PS2 converter.

Unfortunately there's no known simple way to fix this, most of the time such a thing came up it mysteriously went away later, or it turned out a completely unrelated device/app caused this.
well, it doesnt have to do with overclocking, because i get this too when i turn on the network stuff (and all my hardware is like today bought nothing modded) , but it doesnt lag for me or so, it says this MP adjust thing.
With system clock I didn't mean the... well... overclocking of stuff, but literally the system clock. That thing to measure time with, you know

Scawen said that on some systems this clock is running at the wrong speed, for unknown reasons, mainly causing the online-lag-every-5-seconds problem.

Turning down overclocked hardware parts is just a general thing to do, so you can exclude them from being the source of the problem. The past has shown that LFS might act weird on overclocked hardware.
#8 - robt
Probably completely wrong, but isnt there a "multiplayer speedup" option in lfs, or something like that? maybe that needs enabling/disabling.
Nah, that's just used to reduce graphics & physics detail of cars in the distant, afaik.
It would be helpful if you could include in your thread title the nature of your problem. Maybe then it would attract more people who can help.
Putting "Please help on my problem" or similar as a titole is not very helpful or informative. Sorry i can't help either, but I don't think there is any multiplayer spped up option in lfs. Robt, you are barking up the wrong tree.
#11 - Gunn
I know of cases where the clock can be incorrect due to a depleted cmos battery (found on the motherboard, some m/boards have a backup battery too). I'm not saying that this is your problem, but it's one potential cause that can be eliminated cheaply and quickly.
#13 - VIP
I don't have anything overclocked here. I'll keep trying to find a way to solve the problem and will post here the solution if I find one. Thank you again for all the answers.

Please help me with this
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG