The online racing simulator
I have setup a server for practice, CRC Public Server #1 is set on the GP combo. I have had a few runs and tyre wear is a big problem for me.
^^ Then this will be just like the Chinese grand prix, tyre changes, different pace, the lot!
qs, do you stil lhave the bl endurance set i made for the gp when it was the other way round? that might do the trick with a few tweeks
Quote from dadge :qs, do you stil lhave the bl endurance set i made for the gp when it was the other way round? that might do the trick with a few tweeks

Indeed I do. I'll send that over when I see you .
SO city long setup with cambers reversed work like a charm in BL rev lol

did 60 laps yesterday with the same tyres (r3 front r2 back) and they never went red.... But they were tough to drive in right turns when the thread gets thin after 40 laps because the left tyres were always blue! cold as hell... but left turns always at full speed during the 60 laps!

got to find a way to heat those left tyres. And to drop a second also lol
Quote from BigDave2967 :Indeed I do. I'll send that over when I see you .

no need m8, i got it and it is goooooooooood, since i have been unwillingly entered into this gp ( yes my name is in the list and no i didn't enter) along with someone elses. i decided if i am gonna do it then i am gonna do it right. so i went to the track and did 4 laps and swapped drivers with dink (i needed a smoke). he did a further 16 and we swapped back. i then did a further 20 laps all on the same set of tyres. so i think i have this in the bag lol, just need to practice a bit more
so, anyone done more testing?
Quote from dadge :so, anyone done more testing?

Not yet, but I will once I get the DTM out of the way.
done more testing, shortened the final drive and the car has a wee bit more poke through the corners. brakes are perfect. i might muck about with cambers so that i can keep the inside front right a bit cooler, got a nice pb of 1:17.11 and lep ran the same set with r2's on the front and got a 16.5x i think, so we are looking good for race day.

tiz hard to make up ground tho
Quote from dadge :done more testing, shortened the final drive and the car has a wee bit more poke through the corners. brakes are perfect. i might muck about with cambers so that i can keep the inside front right a bit cooler, got a nice pb of 1:17.11 and lep ran the same set with r2's on the front and got a 16.5x i think, so we are looking good for race day.

tiz hard to make up ground tho

Thanks for the set last night mate. Saved me a lot of messing about.

I quite enjoyed the few laps I did last night of this circuit. The first turn where you drop over a blind crest into a blind turn-in point is totally cool. A bit like Paddock Hill Bend in a way.

Will do some serious setup work tonight and see if I can't match your PB Dadge.

Hope we get a few more entrants!
11 of us? That's a bit short, where are the rest of the gang?
#37 - Vain
I'm only waiting for my time table to clear up. 95% chance I'm in. Don't know for sure yet.

Vain
I often don't enter until the last minute cos I don't like to commit. Maybe there are some others out there doing the same.
I just signed up for the OWRL too. Last race of the current season so a good way to prepare for the following season. Looks like a really well organised league. Ofcourse this may mean this will be my last GP for a while cos the times clash. I'll turn up to the events that don't clash though - OWRL every two weeks.
Well i just signed up, which is strange for me because i often leave it so late i just turn up on the day if i want to race illepall
Hello,

Filled the Form in, Hope i Dont timeout During the Race this Time,

Woundering if anyone can give me some Tips/Help,

Normaly i am Quite happy with my Racing and can Enjoy any track,

But this one i just dont seam to get one well with.

I am no where Near the Fast People but have Great Fun in these 60 Lappers just going round seeing what i can do.

I just Seam to keep getting it Wrong Hear though.

Attached a 10 Lap Replay if any Help.

Just Need a Few Tips so i am not so All Over the Place Every lap and dont want to Wreck someones Race when Being Laped by having Such Silly Lines.

Cheers for Any Help.

Philip.
Attached files
Littel Help Please.mpr - 163.3 KB - 140 views
ok bud, i checked your mpr, at the start i could see you did not have this track nailed yet, but getting towards the end i could see improovement.

turn one is a bit tricky, for now lets call the left over the crest T1 and the right at the bottom T2.
T1 is tricky because the car is leaning to the right when you are about to slow for T2. so to solve this what i do is this. on the entry for t1 you need to stay on the right hand side of the track (past the start finninsh line), at the top of the crest you will see 2 corner markers, a 100m and a 50m. the 50m is reight at your turn in point so i use the 100m to tell me to get ready (lol). just before the 50m lift off the throttle about 25% and try to stay close to the curb on the left. now the curb on the left changes size from to med curb to small curb. you need to brake about a car length before the small curb begins. try to brake in a straigh line so the risk of locking up is minimal. gear down to 3rd (fast) and you should apex T2 at about 77-80mph maybe faster.

for T3 (left right uphill chicane) you need to be on the green runoff strip and when the acphalt changes to a darker one (default textures) or just before, that where you brake to 3rd gear about apex speed is 77-80mph again.

the next corner (T5 & 6 i think). this has a few line into it, slow in fast out. fast in slow out. both have a similar effect and not much difference between them. try not to take any curb on the entry (4th gear) and for the left (T6) you want to brake a touch and down into 3rd gear (apex should be 80-85mph) T7 is the left onto the back straight. as you accellerate towards it, look for the colour change in the road again, and once it get dark you need to brake a bit and go to 3rd gear, this has an apex of 80-84mph but 79 is a safe speed(no curb again) then up to the chicane

(T8 & 9) you want to brake as late as you dare for this on (about 70-75m), bassically straight lining the left entry. get down to 3rd at about 73-77mph and clip the curb on the right(just a bit). you should be able to straight line the exit too.

(T10 hairpin )then this one i guess lol but i can tell you the speed depending on your entry. if you brake too late you will need to got to about 47mph 2nd gear and if you brake early: 52-55mph but both times you can accelerate hard through about 75% of this corner. you know you have nailed it because your exit speed will be close to 70mph. now you should be on the start finish straight. for qually you want to stay to the left so that you cut the line a 10th faster. but in race conditions you need to stay to the right so that you can set the car up for T1 again,

good luck m8. if i see you in the server i will try to help you where i can

ragards
ATC Dadge
grrrr you beat me Dadge
Quote from Tukko :grrrr you beat me Dadge

Good, that he did.

I dont want to imagine, how he would have ended up, if he followed your advice.
Quote from zeugnimod :Good, that he did.

I dont want to imagine, how he would have ended up, if he followed your advice.

pfuuff... winning the race and all

poor us
Getting Some Practice in now,

Cheers Dadge,

Still Finding it Realy Hard to do Laps Consitantly and Not Ware my Front Right and Heat it up Super Fast,

Going to Keep going see What i can Do.

Anyone Got a Setup?

I am Using Afros one From the BLGP, and Even though its a Brill Setup i dont think its going to help me Round it Backwards,

And So Glad the Qual is 18:25 if it was 10 Mins Early i would be Out so Hope i can Get Back on Time now

Name Still not on the List though
alt 0176 for the ° too

oh and does anyone have any endurance sets i passed out in the past year or so, i have lost all
300gb of data on my hard drive, but the good news is that i now have loads of room left on my hard drive .
the setups i am more concerned about are the westhill reverse setup (r4 fronts) and the ky national rev setup.
pm me if you do
i have these tracks in an up and comming crc league and i would really like not to have to make some new ones

thanks in advance

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG