The online racing simulator
Dell 3007WFP 30” wide screen LCD
(30 posts, started )
Hi
New still only have demo till i transfer funds and get the full licence.
Yet im impressed enough to be buying ultimate gear for it.
Dell 3007WFP 30” wide screen LCD .
As far as i can tell the game ,or Sim does not support 2506x1600 or whatever it is native to such a monitor.
Am i correct?
as i cannot get license till tomorow to check.

Anyone link me to support or whatever on upcoming graphics and future resuloutions.?

Any help here would be app reciated
Thanks
My mate had this monitor for LFS, it ran it fine IIRC.

LFS gets the resolutions list from Windows, so if you can set your desktop to that resolution, then you can play LFS in that resolution.
I think you need a dual DVI gfx card which basically means some 'new' one (7xxx nvidia range can have them and the x1900 cards probably)..
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I think you need a dual DVI gfx card which basically means some 'new' one (7xxx nvidia range can have them and the x1900 cards probably)..

my old 6600GT did - although most dont, you could find a dual dvi card quite easily
not a dual dvi card but one with a dvi port that supports dual link to run the monitor at 2560 otherwise youll be stuck with 1920
and of course youll probably need an sli setup

and you should consider that those dells have up to 60 ms display delay compared to a crt
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :not a dual dvi card but one with a dvi port that supports dual link to run the monitor at 2560 otherwise youll be stuck with 1920
and of course youll probably need an sli setup

and you should consider that those dells have up to 60 ms display delay compared to a crt

just to point this out i had 2 monitors running as 1 with my 6600GT, so running 1 monitor which uses 2 leads shouldn't be a problem - SLi wont let you do this, but you can disable SLi and have to cards for tons of monitors (as i have done)

Heck, my 6600GT is for sale (although Oz is a little far to send it!)
Ewww, LCD's....

*hugs Sony FW-900* (24" widescreen, 100 lb, radiation box)
Quote from Jakg :just to point this out i had 2 monitors running as 1 with my 6600GT, so running 1 monitor which uses 2 leads shouldn't be a problem - SLi wont let you do this, but you can disable SLi and have to cards for tons of monitors (as i have done)

Heck, my 6600GT is for sale (although Oz is a little far to send it!)

you dont need 2 dvi leads but a single dual link lead
and youll need sli to run that res at acceptable framerates ... not to run it at all

Quote from Forbin :Ewww, LCD's....

*hugs Sony FW-900* (24" widescreen, 100 lb, radiation box)

same here
although my arms are way to short to hug mine
My E-penis just shrunk to a Dell 19"

*hopes to get a bigger screen soon*
I have the 2407 WFP one running with a SLi of 7900GTX. A single card wont be enough to play most of the games in confortable condition. With a single 7900GTX, i was running LFS at 160fps with my old 19" LCD, now with my SLI and my 24", I run LFS at 50-70fps. So with that you can already have an idea. Dont forget that i'm running in 1920x1200 and not in 2506x1600 ...
I can tell that you'll need a SLI or a 7950GX2 at least.
Quote from Tanpax :I have the 2407 WFP one running with a SLi of 7900GTX. A single card wont be enough to play most of the games in confortable condition. With a single 7900GTX, i was running LFS at 160fps with my old 19" LCD, now with my SLI and my 24", I run LFS at 50-70fps. So with that you can already have an idea. Dont forget that i'm running in 1920x1200 and not in 2506x1600 ...
I can tell that you'll need a SLI or a 7950GX2 at least.

either your cpu/ram are slow or your sys is seriously misconfigured i get about the same framerates on my single 78gtx at 1920 with 8x fsaa and 16x aniso
Quote from Shotglass :either your cpu/ram are slow or your sys is seriously misconfigured i get about the same framerates on my single 78gtx at 1920 with 8x fsaa and 16x aniso

Actually it depends on the track. On an autocross with some elements, my framrate drops to 55-75fps. But on BL for instance, i'm running at 100-120fps.

I'm not sure if SLI system have an impact on LFS' performances. Ive never tried with a single card on my 24" screen.
ah ok then on autox my fps should be well below 50

it should have ... at such resolutions lfs is definately gpu limited
Quote from Shotglass :ah ok then on autox my fps should be well below 50

it should have ... at such resolutions lfs is definately gpu limited

Well I dont know if lfs is cpu limited 'cause the compu mentionned below had a FX-60 at 3Ghz. I've tried at 2.7Ghz or cpu stock clock frequency which means 2.6Ghz, It was the same. I'll try with a single card because its wellknown that sometimes, SLI system may have worse results than single sys.
with ais and/or lots of cars in front of you on a full grid (those times when the frames drop down to about 30) lfs is very much cpu limited ... but when youre in the stable 60-150 fps range its all the gpu
this of course only holds for fast cpus in the a64/conroe range
Quote from Shotglass :with ais and/or lots of cars in front of you on a full grid (those times when the frames drop down to about 30) lfs is very much cpu limited ... but when youre in the stable 60-150 fps range its all the gpu
this of course only holds for fast cpus in the a64/conroe range

You're probably right.
Many Thanks for your replies
Although the high resolution is not shown in the game.I uderstand it will run @2560 x1600 from your post,s.
Cheers

Yes i do have 7950GX2 to run it thanks for pointing this out.
This will be my old system when direct 10 arrives then probably double up on7950GX2 or similar on a 975bx board or so with the new quad cpu coming up also.
Things will run fine im sure ;P

Only worry is ghosting ect as i have never actually owned a lcd.

to later now ive ordered it
Thanks for your help

Qualia
Quote from Tanpax :The 1920x1200 works for me. I think that ill naturally word with 2560x1600.

Yeah, I am confident that they work, but somebody should test it to make absolutely sure.

btw. since your monitor should be able to display 1920x1080 too, could you test it for me? Then I could change LFS' grading on that site to Certified. Pics as a proof would be apprecieted too.
Quote from geeman1 :Yeah, I am confident that they work, but somebody should test it to make absolutely sure.

btw. since your monitor should be able to display 1920x1080 too, could you test it for me? Then I could change LFS' grading on that site to Certified. Pics as a proof would be apprecieted too.

any res that is supported by windows and the monitor is supported by lfs ... no need to test it
Quote from Shotglass :any res that is supported by windows and the monitor is supported by lfs ... no need to test it

I know and trust that. But Widescreen gaming forum requires the resolutions to be tested, "I think" or "should" just is not good enough.
seriously ... stupid forum ... but have fun with those ... most i can provide with my monitor
Attached images
1920x1080.jpg
1920x1200.jpg
2304x1440.jpg
Quote from Shotglass :seriously ... stupid forum ... but have fun with those ... most i can provide with my monitor

Thanks for the pics. But strangely, i cant choose 1920x1080. I have just 1650x1050 before 1920x1200. Is it because my monitor is a 16/10 and not a 16/9 ?
mine is 16:10 as well
if youve got an nvidia card you should be able to add 1920x1080 as a custom res (probably possible on an ati as well) doesnt make much sense though as all youll get is less picture and black bars

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG