The online racing simulator
can't play multiplayer!! please help!
I can't play multi player!!, here's what happens!

I load up lfs enter multiplayer, select "off" for window mode and i have demo slected cause i got the "demo", It loads up a blank screen then an "lfs has encountered a problem and had to close" message appears and the game ends! what's happening? i can work the game in single player o.k., does anyone know whats happening...??
#2 - Jakg
have you tried re-downloading it?
umm no i havent, do you think that will help? the file i will download again is exactly the same file i have already downloaded,unles it is possible that a fille had been skipped in the first download, is that common qwith this game?
It may be that the downloaded file has been corrupted and re-downloading would cure this. So it is not the program that is faulty but the downloaded file.

You could try this, if it is not a big problem
Any aggressive firewalls running in the background? Or anti-virus software? Maybe one of them detects LFS' connection to the master server as "malicious" and kills it (or even LFS itself).
Maybe you have to download it from a different host? Or maybe u have to install Lfs in the default folder. (maybe u did i dunno) It worked with some games for me.

Anyway good luck with it

My regards,

Frost_More
do you have any firewalls on or anything ???
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
hehe
I run winantivirus pro and tried turning off the firewall, no changed there, but i will try and download from a different host, although when i recieved the first file, there was no installation setup, so installing into it's original directory was a no go! there was just an "exe" file to click on and a few readme's. did you guys receive a simular zip file when you downloaded lfs?
if i were you i would uninstall it and start again using the right mirror from which to download from ermmm did u extract files right or anything like that
Quote from bejs machine :I run winantivirus pro and tried turning off the firewall, no changed there, but i will try and download from a different host, although when i recieved the first file, there was no installation setup, so installing into it's original directory was a no go! there was just an "exe" file to click on and a few readme's. did you guys receive a simular zip file when you downloaded lfs?

Yes. You just need to extract the files into any folder and that's it. No installers or such, just extract the files and double click the LFS.exe
yep thats it extract files like i extracted them to "videos" for example
i'm almost finished my 2nd download, will keep ya posted..thanx for ya help peoplez!!!
no probs mate hope it works post back if further problems
unfortunately there was no success, any other ideas? it's crazy that it won't load for multiplayer, i can play online with other games bugger ay!!
#16 - CSU1
Quote from bejs machine :unfortunately there was no success, any other ideas? it's crazy that it won't load for multiplayer, i can play online with other games bugger ay!!

ok, looks like you will have to post your system specs. and exatley what you are doing after the download.Someone might be able to help you then.
You said you only disabled the firewall, so can you, for testing, try to disable the antivir software too?
just tried multiplayer with no antivrus running, still crashes.

system specs

xp home edition
2.81 ghz, 480 meg of ram
sis 661fx/gx mirage graphics
latest direct x (9.0c
256/64 broadband connection with a static ip address.

i load lfs, select multiplayer, disable open in window, i can load the server list, i choose a server it loads for 2 seconds then i get a " lfs has encounted a problem and has to close" message. bugger hey!!
Quote from bejs machine :there was no installation setup, so installing into it's original directory was a no go! there was just an "exe" file to click on and a few readme's. did you guys receive a simular zip file when you downloaded lfs?

Sounds like you downloaded the patch zip (for updating), not the full version of LFS zip....
looked at your link and it is the same place i downloaded the file from( i choose the original lfs league mirror).
do the same steps again, go to detailed information for the error, and make a screenie of it. so scawen can have a look in it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG