The online racing simulator
Unique (maybe) pedal problem. *Pic included*
My Thrustmaster Force Feedback racing wheel has a strange problem. I've been using it in S2 for about one month or so without issue.
The other night I noticed that my top speed on straights was less than normal, and that lap times were about a second slower.

A quick check of my wheel's properties showed that when when the pedal is 'to the floor' its only registering as 95% or so. The jpeg below might give you a better idea of what I mean.

The wheel itself is in good working order; athough it's not new it was barely used until I got S2 and there are no physical blocakges on the pedals.
It's very frustrating as it's pretty much like driving a car with a few lees HP than the pack.

I was wondering if:
a) anyone knows how to fix it. Or
b) If there's a control setting somewhere in S2 that will register 95% pedal depression as 100%, if that makes sense.

Oh, and before you ask... I have the latest drivers

Thanks in advance if anone can help.
Attached images
throttleprob.jpg
Not having repaired any wheels pedals myself, but by judging from other posts (especially in the hardware forums) you might have a problem with the potentiometer of your gas pedal...
#3 - herki
maybe dxtweak can help
its easy for the pot to get loose inside, then full pedal deflection only turns it 95% for example. You could take it apart CAREFULLY and reposition and tighten the little hex nut holding the pot in position.

You could also try a recalibration from the driver s/ware and from within lfs, to set the pedals max deflection as the new 100% point.
Yeah, I've tried recalibrating from within LFS, but am having the same issue.
I think you're right though al heeley it's likely some sort of slippage of internal components that has caused it. Unfortunately I have bugger all experience with the inner workings of wheels and will likely wreck the thing if I take it apart.

I'll have a crack with dxtweak (what is it anyway).
If that fails, I'll try taking it apart.

Although it's only a small problem it pretty much renders the wheel useless.
Annoyment...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far.
#6 - P1lot
Sounds like our old friend the spiking pot (the potentiometer gives a spikey readout instead of a constant reading). This occasionally might go over your normal 100%, and the game recalibrates itself to account for the new max. Following that, you can't get 100% anymore, hence not full throttle.

DXTweak is one of several additional software utilities available for Logitech wheels, available from www.wingmanteam.com

It's not too advanced inside the pedals, if you want to have a go at fixing it. Lots of problems and solutions for Logitech Momo Racing (Black) at http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_m.html (which probably cover DFP pedal probs also, since they are very similar)
DXTweak should work with any game controller, and will allow you to set the max travel to below what it normally is overriding the wheels calibration - should do the trick, but if it is the pot that's gone wrong expect it to get worse - if it's components that have moved then you should be fine with it.
same wheel , same problem but fixed
had the same thing , just take the pedals apart , you will see a toothed cog interacting with the pedal , just move the teeth a notch or two to give full travel
yep.. dont PLEASE dont mess with dxtweak.. everyone may say its the greatest thing here.. i used it, and i COMPLETELY screwed up my wheel and had to fix it all back .. dont remember how i did lol but i got it working again

do what turbo dad said; take it apart.. completely apart (make sure you unplug the USB first though! ) (take out rear screwes ; front ones are just a wait [i found that out the hard way lol]) and look for the sockets and some little white balls, you want the balls to be in the sockets, usually things like dirt or hair or something in some very odd way gets in there and screws them up (still not sure, but it does)

do that, put them back together (takes a while the first time because the springs can be a pain to get in place and put it back together) plug the USB back in.. and it SHOULD be fixed, no gaurantees, but most likely it will (worked all 5 times on my momo racing... rofl)
I reconfigured with DXTweak - sorry XCNuse - and it worked a treat.
Actually I found it a great little app. I just reduced the 'MAX' setting a bit and it's all good.

I probably should have clarified my reluctance to mechanically fix this problem.
My machine is in a pretty confined space, and the wheel is clamped and unclamped a lot.
Therefore I don't use the foot pedals, but the anologue hand paddles under the gearshift paddles. There's plenty more stuff to screw up in the actual wheel assembly than just on a foot pedal board.

Thanks again for everyone who had advise.
hm.. probably should have read the readme to understand how it works.... lol

well.. if problems continue, i highly suggest you take them appart, because by using dxtweak, who knows whats going on in your pedals.. and something may break or something so.. if/when it gets worse just take em apart

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG