The online racing simulator
Highway To Hell
(46 posts, started )
Highway To Hell
Finally, the long-awaited Highway to Hell video is finished.
Started over half a year ago actually before I was in OSR and I was a recruit in N1 (way before May).

I mentioned this video in this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8538
People seemed interested to watch it. It's been a long time but my first, full-length movie is finally here.

Including a massive BF1 crash at T1, why you shouldn't park in the middle of the track at South City, how to turn your RB4 into a spinning top and UFR wall grinding at the Oval. That's just a glimpse of the chaos in this video.

Rapidshare link: http://rapidshare.de/files/35121733/Highway_To_Hell.wmv.html
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTdPSoveyQ
Google Video Link: http://video.google.co.uk/vide ... 938193106573&hl=en-GB

If you would like any more links then please say what.

Please, I want c+c so please, give it if you have any.

I hope you really enjoy it because man, it took long enough.

Thanks

Mike
#2 - Jakg
wow - its AMAZING

(PS - Got a link? )
I'd recommend Google Video as the Flash video mirror over YouTube because of the slightly better quality...

Right Megaupload is messing up so i'll upload to Rapidshare now then.
#6 - Jakg
no offence - but what in the name of all things holy is the fps on that?
Very, very bad. No offence taken. I have a crap graphics card.

Youtube link coming btw.
BTW, I'm the driver of the Yellow and Black "Lancia" in the RB4 one, the black Scavier car in the FOX SO1 crash and driving the XFR in the XFR/UFR/BL1 T1 crash. Nearly all of them in the last 40 seconds.
highway to hell is brilliant well done m8
#10 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Very, very bad. No offence taken. I have a crap graphics card.

Youtube link coming btw.

sorry, but the FPS makes it unwatchable for me
Quote from duke_toaster :BTW, I'm the driver of the Yellow and Black "Lancia" in the RB4 one, the black Scavier car in the FOX SO1 crash and driving the XFR in the XFR/UFR/BL1 T1 crash. Nearly all of them in the last 40 seconds.

Yup. Had a mad rush to get it finished didn't we.

Quote from 11SuLLy11 :highway to hell is brilliant well done m8

Thanks mate. Highly appreciated. Any constructive critiscm?

Quote from Jakg :sorry, but the FPS makes it unwatchable for me

OK mate. Fair do's. I admit that the FPS is rubbish. I'll try and get a new graphics card. Even a tiny upgrade would make it better.
ya... if the FPS was that low, just lower the resolution your taking the videos at because its just.. horrible to watch as a video :S get enough of it when playing games as it is lol
My current frame size is 512x384. Should I lower it then?
Nice job Nutty Boy, Nice crashes but honestly, YOU NEED A BETTER GRAPHICS CARD! Haha, buy a PNY Nvidia G-Force X its awesome!
You could record at 0.125x speed and increase the framerate afterwards. Common trick for smooth recording (if you want to have sound, it could cause problems)

Edit: Just checked, seems like you're just having the song, and yes, the framerate is horrible; would be much more fun watching with a smooth framerate
#16 - Jakg
Quote from ToxicKlay :Nice job Nutty Boy, Nice crashes but honestly, YOU NEED A BETTER GRAPHICS CARD! Haha, buy a PNY Nvidia G-Force X its awesome!

GeForce X? No such thing illepall

(Although a GeForce 7950GX2 will give you a ridiculously good fps - my 7950GT gives me 125 with Max AA and AF!)
Quote from nutty boy :My current frame size is 512x384. Should I lower it then?

I think he meant your LFs, not the video itself,you still too young to worry about that keep on going whit your vids, and do what Herki said, after record you can increase by (usualy) pressing right mouse buton when editing your vid, select properties, and 'playback rate' put 4,000 (or 5k if ur fps allow) it will get a little slow motion whit 4k but, your fps will improve much more, if dont want slow motion, record at 0.250 (4k)
nice video content, but everything else makes the video not worth it. the fps is really bad, and the fact theirs no shadows and stuff...nothing special about the video editing at all, just some good crashing footage
Good ideas, but you need: -To record at x02.50 and speed it up in an editor. -A new graphics card. I run a Geforce 6200 in my desktop and it's cheap and fine for LFS.
I'll try and hunt out a GFX card. I've never saved my money up for anything off the computer other than things off eBay and LFS but I might save up for a new graphics card. I could also save up for Adobe Premiere (off eBay) and then i'll be making monsters of videos.
I believe most of the guys round here use Sony Vegas 6 for editing (I do too) as it's not only easier and faster than Premiere, it has far more tuneable effects out of the box and is also just as powerful.

I *think* Vegas is pro-grade software whereas Premiere is aimed at media studies students/amateur filmmakers, but don't quote me on that.
nice to see Jakg is appreciative for all your effort nutty! Nice video wish i had got online soooner to be in it damn you...
(This isnt 1james1 btw, its MG JAM'ez... jamesrowe). Bored of life without LFSForum hehe, Oh and nice work nutty to say again , Just needs an MG in it and its brill
Is that my skin in your avatar james . I lost all my skins when Computer crashed out on me last week. But at least you have one of them.
Quote from TiJay :I believe most of the guys round here use Sony Vegas 6 for editing (I do too) as it's not only easier and faster than Premiere, it has far more tuneable effects out of the box and is also just as powerful.

I *think* Vegas is pro-grade software whereas Premiere is aimed at media studies students/amateur filmmakers, but don't quote me on that.

Cool. I'll try to find a copy of that.

Quote from 1James1 :nice to see Jakg is appreciative for all your effort nutty! Nice video wish i had got online soooner to be in it damn you...
(This isnt 1james1 btw, its MG JAM'ez... jamesrowe). Bored of life without LFSForum hehe, Oh and nice work nutty to say again , Just needs an MG in it and its brill

Thanks james.I appreciate it.
#25 - Nard
No offense, but that movie sucked.

- Poor quality (ok I grant you you just need a better computer to correct that)
- Pretty boring crashes, that involve being a retard who crashes himself or really noobish moves
- Boring or limited camera angles

Pointers for crashes, try to find the ones where someone loses control from being JUST over the edge of control, or pack-crashes, or realistic race incidents. Random singleplayer or multiclass accidents are pretty pointless...

Highway To Hell
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG