The online racing simulator
Broke my MS SW FFB gaspedal
When I was racing LFS a little earlier I heard a crack when accelerating out of a corner, didn't think that much of it at the time, coming to the next corner I heard another crack and now the pedal became very lose, requiring very little force to use the pedal.

When this happend I lost about 1-3 secs a lap depending a little how the pedal behaved when using it. This was at the end of the race with only a few laps left to do and I managed to win, lost about 15 secs during the final laps.

When the race was over I decided to open up the pedals to see what had broken off in the pedal, turnout it was a metal pin, about 2.5" long. The break had occured inside the pedal "tube" (to where the pedal itself is connected and the pot is connected). The crack in the pin is about 1/6" long and is uneven, metal fatigue the cause?

Each of the pedals have 2 of these pins to create resistance in the pedal and to hold it in place (without it the pedal wouldn't be attached to anything), now with only one left, the pedal bends slightly making the pot come out of it's housing, and the pin that is left gets much more force applied to it, so the more I use it the worse it gets.

Managed to set a new PB before it broke with .01 sec, and I'm probably not going to get beyond that with the wheel/pedal now.

I'm quite surprised that the wheel/pedals hadn't broken until now, it's over 6 years old. They have been used quite heavily during parts of this time, but hey, it's still sorta works. I wonder if you can completely wreck it...

Time to order the G25 I guess, could be in stock on tuesday so perhaps thursday I have a new wheel (depening on when in the day I order it)...
Yeah ive got a SW ffb too, and its so old that the rubber grip has seriously begun to rot away from the plastic, and yet its STILL going. Quite suprised to actually hear that one broke lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG