The online racing simulator
Experimental Qualifying System Running
Heya guys

I'm running an experimental qualifying system over at the Sim Touring Car Cup server today.

It qualifies you based on your average of 3 hotlaps, allowing you one warmup lap. It reports your position ingame and on a webpage, which you can find here:

(test over)

If you hop on the server the procedure is, do an outlap + 3 hotlaps and then shift-s - then feel free to try again

See you there
hey, cool!
"The page cannot be found"
yep, same for me.
should now be fixed, I had a crash
#6 - Bean0
maybe password protected ?
There seems to be an issue with the web server software that it does not work with opera/firefox. Sorry, this wont be fixed during the session today. It does work with IE and has no popups or ads.

EDIT: Turns out my router is blocking connections as part of it's DoS protection, it's a useless router for being a server - i'm trying to reconfigure it but having no luck atm so if you can't get through it's because too many people are viewing it. Sorry. The stats themselves are working though, and ingame the reports are fine
Had a quick go on the server and the system works really well. The problem with having to do 3 fast laps is traffic, but if you time it right you can get a decent run.
Link no worky in IE or FireFox
The test is now over and the server has returned to password protected.

I've had to turn off the stats page because the traffic is causing continual disconnects. The system all works well though it's just my home connection/router can't handle the traffic load.

In future the page will be hosted directly from the server. Much has been learned from this test and i'd like to thank everyone who took part, I regret not being able to keep the system running - but the traffic load was just too high for a home connection.
Sweet avatar, Becky. Poor Hammond could have ended up being a roasted hamster!

Anyway, wish I could try that qualy system, sounds interesting! How do you program that change to the qualifying mode? LFSLapper?
Sigh, seen too late
It's being run by LFSC in a new mode i've been working on for the next version called Pro Qualifying.

The server is open again for public races, the live timing is going but if everyone goes looking at it then it'll crash... The qualifying system test is over though .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG