The online racing simulator
The quickness of the car deceives the eye...
I got into a multiplayer race at Blackwood the other evening. Using the Fox, my and lots of guys favourites I had an enjoyable session. One bloke managed, over six laps to post 7 minutes.
I managed 7.45.
I didn't check but he was doing 1.08 second laps and hitting twenty miles an hour faster down the straight!!
Can anyone spell out in simple straightforward words and a step by step process what I do to get a layout/spec that he's got.
WOuld be grateful if anyone has an easy method of downloading whatever some blokes are doing to their cars.
Tks.
The key is to get a good exit out of T1 and then take the chicane flatout.
Quote from peejayh :I got into a multiplayer race at Blackwood the other evening. Using the Fox, my and lots of guys favourites I had an enjoyable session. One bloke managed, over six laps to post 7 minutes.
I managed 7.45.
I didn't check but he was doing 1.08 second laps and hitting twenty miles an hour faster down the straight!!
Can anyone spell out in simple straightforward words and a step by step process what I do to get a layout/spec that he's got.
WOuld be grateful if anyone has an easy method of downloading whatever some blokes are doing to their cars.
Tks.

You're welcome to try my set. I've done 1:09.26 with it but it's new and I'm sure I can hit 1:08s with it.

But to be honest mate if you are 40 seconds slower than me (I complete in about 7:05) over six laps then thats over 6 and a half seconds a lap. I expect you need just to keep practicing. Maybe post a reply and we can see where you are at.
#4 - CSU1
yep! flat out through chicane and the last turn
I've been on redline blgp this past month and still can only manage a 1:10x I'll keep tryin' though
The chicane looses most people time, you need to do all your fiddly turny bits right at the start of it, get the car lined up and over to the right and then floor it. If you're messing around with the cars line at speed you are loosing time, you need to get the chicane as near to straightline as possible.

The main straight obviously depends on your exit of the chicane, but may also suggest you have too much downforce. On high speed tracks it is not always wise to run low tyre pressures, whilst it heats your tyres up quicker it does make a difference to the diameter of the tyre and LFS does simulate this, it's a subtle difference, but at 140mph the word subtle is exagerated somewhat.

Some slow up too much for the corner at the end of the straight. You should find yourself on the green netting because you've been forced out that wide, not because you aimed for it. The right left is pretty easy so we'll skip those, the right hander is very late brake/entry point - you dont need to loose much speed there, then get over to the right as quickly as the car is settled because you need to use all the track to get through the last left hander quickly, you can get through on full throttle, or if needs be momentrily cut to half throttle.

As you go down the start finish straight dont turn the wheel too much as this will scrub speed, steer your car gently to line up for turn one.

The entry is a lot later than most people realise, also because you have to fiddle around on the exit your exit speed here is not too important so it is OK to be a little hot on the way in provided you dont loose control.
#6 - jtr99
The quickness of the car (if only)
Thanks gentlefoot and Becky.
I guess its difficult to know just how many regular LFS fans still use the default setup which, six months or so after joining, I still do.
The best I've done with the Fox at Blackwood is a 1.13.48 and that was NOT the first lap!!
Knowing precisely HOW to DRAG a set up from someone else's vehicle onto my own is something I haven't found out and I have looked in the manual but no joy.
I still prefer auto gear change and have a MOMO wheel and use the left and right top red buttons for braking and gas.
Quote from peejayh :Thanks gentlefoot and Becky.
I guess its difficult to know just how many regular LFS fans still use the default setup which, six months or so after joining, I still do.
The best I've done with the Fox at Blackwood is a 1.13.48 and that was NOT the first lap!!
Knowing precisely HOW to DRAG a set up from someone else's vehicle onto my own is something I haven't found out and I have looked in the manual but no joy.
I still prefer auto gear change and have a MOMO wheel and use the left and right top red buttons for braking and gas.

Just ask someone for their set when you are online. Press N until you see the list of connections in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You will see an S by the name of the person who sent you the set. Click on the S, give the set a name and then it will be available in the list of sets for that car. It won't work if you are in spectate mode though. You must have joined the session.

If you have one sent to you by email, make sure it is named correctly i.e. FOX_name and place it in ..../LFS/Data/Settings folder and it will also be available in the list of sets for that car.

Good luck mate.
The black S sends a setup, if somebody has sent you a setup a second green coloured S will appear, that's the one you click to save
If you're using buttons for break and gas this can make it very difficult. Being smooth (that word has nothing to do with being slow) is one of the biggest parts of a truly fast driver. You can't get on the gas smoothly with a button, and stabbing at the gas means it has to be done later to avoid the back end trying to overtake the front....

Doesn't your momo have any pedals?

Another thing, the auto gearshifter has a lot of trouble shifting during heavy breaking (or even t3 in blackwood!), it's always fluffing around with the gearbox at corner entry preventing a settled entry, the throttle cut on gear change slows you down too, as everyone else is usually flat shifting, something I hope will die a death when engine damage makes its appearance.
Thanks again gentlefoot, Beckyrose and z3. All good stuff for me to take on board.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG