Kick / Ban policies
(25 posts, started )
Kick / Ban policies
Since this section is here i might aswell ask something

What sort of policies does everybody try to run on their server?

Is swearing allowed? if not what happens when somebody swears?

Are you strict no matter who the person is?

Do you only allow a single language on your server?

Kick first? ban later?

Personally:

Swearing is a big NO in servers i Admin, If somebody swears once i will give a warning, again and they are banned for 1 - 999 days depending on anything else they may have done. Why? well i use TS alot and i swear all the time in their with my team mates and friends, But thats because i know them and its often just a joke, In the server it could be anybody. perhaps a child, Granted they may know the words already and use them. But its not my / our place to encourage that in public.

I try to be strict as possible, Though generally if i know them i tend to kick them for a laugh,

Generally the only language allowed is English, If somebody uses another language i politely ask them not to. If they end up spamming / having long conversations then i will say again and then kick if needed.

If its something silly like wrecking or swearing then generally its an immidiate BAN, Most the time its the only way they will learn.

What do you do??
Pretty much along those same lines.
On the rare occasions I do run a server (usually demo), I
-don't mind swearing as long as it's not directed at anyone, and it is simply to vent or exclaim. If it's consistent bad-mouthing I'll interfere.
-will give "verbal" warning to person who hurls abuse or swears at someone else, and on 2nd time ban for a day. If they come back and repeat the offence it's a long ban.
-don't get involved in other languages spoken, unless I feel it fits under the above point, or is directed at someone how does not speak the language.

Other stuff
-any messing about on the track, e.g. stopping on the track, weaving, blocking, pushing, excessive nudging, ramming, brake checking, leaning on the horn, being AFK with the car on the track will award either spectate or kick, depending on severity and offence count, plus an explanation of why not do it, on first offence. Any subsequent offences earn a 1 day ban, and long ban after that.
-spamming/flooding will get a warning for the first 2 times, after that a kick, ban and long ban.
-Any other nonsense that's not covered above follows the same rules. Spec/kick+warning, ban, long ban.

-Any intentional contact, with the exception of slightly nudging on a straight (i.e. bumpdrafting) will earn an immediate ban.
-Generally dangerous driving (due to intoxication, newbieness etc) will usually result in spec+explanation to stay out of the way, and subsequently I will ban.
-Pretending to be someone else, and iDi tags get an immediate maximum ban.

I may be slightly more lenient with people I drive a lot with, but then, they know the rules and don't break them anyway
I use the same lines as Franky does ... its from him I got them, lol.

Though, I don't think I will be as strict, atleast now in the start.
1. Swearing: We generally won't ban for swearing. We will ask you not too. If you keep swearing anyway, you will get kicked. If you come back and don't behave, you get banned for a period of not less than 3 months. Children do play this game. Everyone should keep that in mind.

2. Abuse: Abuse is not allowed on our server. Treat others how you like to be treated. If you like to be abused, they're plenty of other places to go. Abusing other racers will get you banned for a period of not less than 6 months. Abusing a team member will get you pema-banned.

3. Bitching: Blue flag cry babies and the like are asked to calm down. If they refuse, they are kicked. If they come back and act like a tool, they will get banned for a period of not less than 3 months.

4. Flag violators: Disobeying flags will get you warned. A second time gets you kicked.

5. Crashing: No warnings, no kicks. You blatantly crash on our servers and you will find yourself with a lifetime ban. Track sitting will get you a lengthy ban as well.

LOTF servers are part of the "Wrecker Barricade" network. If you get reported, chances are you will find yourself banned from our servers whether or not you were ever there before.

These are my criteria for banning on LOTF servers. Depending on moods and whos admining, criteria may differ.

All in all, I believe we at Land Of The Free are more than fair.
Quote from S k i p p y :1. Swearing: We generally won't ban for swearing. We will ask you not too. If you keep swearing anyway, you will get kicked. If you come back and don't behave, you get banned for a period of not less than 3 months. Children do play this game. Everyone should keep that in mind.

2. Abuse: Abuse is not allowed on our server. Treat others how you like to be treated. If you like to be abused, they're plenty of other places to go. Abusing other racers will get you banned for a period of not less than 6 months. Abusing a team member will get you pema-banned.

3. Bitching: Blue flag cry babies and the like are asked to calm down. If they refuse, they are kicked. If they come back and act like a tool, they will get banned for a period of not less than 3 months.

4. Flag violators: Disobeying flags will get you warned. A second time gets you kicked.

5. Crashing: No warnings, no kicks. You blatantly crash on our servers and you will find yourself with a lifetime ban. Track sitting will get you a lengthy ban as well.

LOTF servers are part of the "Wrecker Barricade" network. If you get reported, chances are you will find yourself banned from our servers whether or not you were ever there before.

These are my criteria for banning on LOTF servers. Depending on moods and whos admining, criteria may differ.

All in all, I believe we at Land Of The Free are more than fair.

good criterias.!
I've done a bit of admining and temporary admining but here's my polcies

Drifting on a non-drift server - BAN 999
Ignoring yellow flags - BAN 10
Ignoring blue flags - depends. If it's patent blocking, 999 day ban but if you can't yeild there (like most of FE RX Green) or it's in heavy traffic it's a warning at most
Swearing - ignore it
Taking offence to people swearing - BAN 999 (joke)
Wrecking - BAN 999
Dicking around not covered elsewhere- KICK.
when i ran a server with lapper installed i done this :

most / all swear word : auto kick, spectate or stop&go depending on severity.
bind spamming : warning, warning, kick, warning, kick, ban
blue flag ignoring : warning & explination, warning, kick, warning, ban
standing on track, spinning : auto pitlane (saves verbal abuse most times)
abuse given to me or my staff : kick, kick, ban
other lanuages : asked to speak english...if they cant thats fine, if the can then they have to or they get a warning, warning, kick

generally i give 2 warnings then a kick then another warning then another kick, another warning, then a ban

if they behaviour gets worse after the first kick then they get another kick then a ban without warning.

J
When I was doing Admin for the Tag server, I did a 3 stage system, first for not following rules, you got 3 spectates, then a kick, after that, if you broke rules again, 1 spectate then kick, after that, you just got a ban for any little infraction, and it worked well.
Is swearing allowed? if not what happens when somebody swears? Swearing is allowed, but being abusive or very offencive will get you a warning, then ban if you ignore the warning.

Are you strict no matter who the person is? If i know the person i will tend to be less strict, the same to people i have seen racing fairly on the server.

Do you only allow a single language on your server? no but english would be prefered.

Kick first? ban later? depends on the offence, for swearing i would kick...any deliberate wrecking or extremely offencive comments will get a straight ban.
Quote from franky500 :Since this section is here i might aswell ask something

What sort of policies does everybody try to run on their server?

Is swearing allowed? if not what happens when somebody swears?

Are you strict no matter who the person is?

Do you only allow a single language on your server?

Kick first? ban later?

Personally:

Swearing is a big NO in servers i Admin, If somebody swears once i will give a warning, again and they are banned for 1 - 999 days depending on anything else they may have done. Why? well i use TS alot and i swear all the time in their with my team mates and friends, But thats because i know them and its often just a joke, In the server it could be anybody. perhaps a child, Granted they may know the words already and use them. But its not my / our place to encourage that in public.

I try to be strict as possible, Though generally if i know them i tend to kick them for a laugh,

Generally the only language allowed is English, If somebody uses another language i politely ask them not to. If they end up spamming / having long conversations then i will say again and then kick if needed.

If its something silly like wrecking or swearing then generally its an immidiate BAN, Most the time its the only way they will learn.

What do you do??

I don't run a server, however I manage a server called C I T Y L I F E SO by CLC and Cops and Robbers by CLC which are hosted by MaxH. We run a no wrecking policy whereas if a player wrecks on purpose he is given warnings, when he reaches his 3rd it will be a kick. When (if) he re-joins and starts to wreck again then a ban will be enforced. Swearing is NOT permitted as to allow a clean frustration free environment. You will not get a kick for swearing but warnings after multiple occasions may be enforced also. More of the rules and info at:http://www.maxheadroom.nu/citylife

Wolf.
I don't run server very often. Usually to test my Insim stuff. But when i do...

It doesn't really matter who the person is. All are equal in that matter.

I don't kick so often. I warn first and if it doesn't help, i ban. This is because kicked players could just join again, so it is no use. I also don't keep 'room' reserved for any friends.

Delibarate crashing earns an immediate ban of course. Race accidents are normally forgiven. But if they starts to happen too often, I suggest that the person goes to practise offline first.

Blue flag must be obeyed. If the dude is really lost (new to racing?) he might go with warning before being banned. Yellow flag system is so inaccurate at the moment that currently not followed so closely.

No need to use english. After all not so many racers can speak so good english. Like those who are not so old and do not speak english as native language. Of course swearing and offensive language rules need to be followed with any language...

Swearing not actually banned, but cursing and shouting at other players or using really offensive language causes ban. After all I curse sometimes myself when I make mistakes. So it is ok if it is not dericted to anybody else. In this too I warn first.

Offensive racer names are not allowed. Like anything which concern racial, religious etc things. If they don't change the name i ban. Same thing for license plates.

And iDi idiots get a permament ban as soon as I see one
I am seeing more and more good clean racers let themselves down by dicking around at the end of a race. I've even seen them start driving the wrong way before the slower guys have finished. illepall

Expect a ban if you do this on our servers. Every clean racer deserves respect, irrespective of their ability.
#14 - SamH
Quote from OldBloke :I am seeing more and more good clean racers let themselves down by dicking around at the end of a race. I've even seen them start driving the wrong way before the slower guys have finished. illepall

Expect a ban if you do this on our servers. Every clean racer deserves respect, irrespective of their ability.

I've seen this quite a bit recently too.. when the first driver finishes, the "wrong way" rule no longer applies, and they're able to drive back over the finish line, and pick off other drivers trying to finish.

I think in most instances, it's just ignorance.. they've finished their race, and they're just not thinking.. they don't realise the race is only over for them, not everyone.

If a driver re-crosses the finish line, after they've finished, I send them to spectate. If they come back, and do it again, it's a kick. If they come back and do it again, I know that either there's malice, or the guy is just too stupid to be allowed on our servers, and a ban ensues.
Quote from OldBloke :I am seeing more and more good clean racers let themselves down by dicking around at the end of a race. I've even seen them start driving the wrong way before the slower guys have finished. illepall

Yes. Sad but true. I recommend banning too, if warning doesn't help.

In general you shouldn't fool around even if staying on the right side of the finnish line. This is because many players try to make small changes to their setup and test it by making a short test drive before the next race starts. It is very annoying if you get wrecked while doing this sort of test drive. It seems that for example in BL1 there is always some sort of an after race gang meeting in T1 and getting past it without being wrecked is hard
Quote from SamH :I've seen this quite a bit recently too.. when the first driver finishes, the "wrong way" rule no longer applies, and they're able to drive back over the finish line, and pick off other drivers trying to finish.

I think in most instances, it's just ignorance.. they've finished their race, and they're just not thinking.. they don't realise the race is only over for them, not everyone.

If a driver re-crosses the finish line, after they've finished, I send them to spectate. If they come back, and do it again, it's a kick. If they come back and do it again, I know that either there's malice, or the guy is just too stupid to be allowed on our servers, and a ban ensues.

I just do donuts on wide tarmac runoff lol.
if someones acting like an idiot and causing problems, theyll be sure to get a ban from me
Today I were practising for the Norwegian Championship on the team server.

I were on lap10 or something, and then this guy enters the server, seems like he tries the combo for the first time, and I catch him up quite fast, I pass him, and into T1 he does the typical Demo wrecker tingy, ramming hard from behind.

Instant ban, and I'm sending the replay to wrecker barricade.
You gat what you give
Quote :Is swearing allowed? if not what happens when somebody swears?

I do not allow swearing on the STCC server, usually swearing in multiplayer games is directed at another player and I clamp down hard on arguments because it spoils the mood of the server. Invariably I warn first and ban second - typically for 5 days.

Quote :Are you strict no matter who the person is?

No, I allow STCC championship drivers a 'little' bit more leeway but such behaviour will not go unmoderated.

Quote :Do you only allow a single language on your server?

We get a bit of Hungarian as we've Hungarian drivers in the league, I dont mind drivers using other languages, but they should be aware i'm profficient at swearing in many more languages than I speak - so can sometimes still spot arguments .

Quote :Kick first? ban later?

Kicking just gets an instant reconnect, i'd rather not waste my time typing it again. I ban first in most cases, and if necessary check replay afterwards to decide if the ban should stand.

My biggest concern over banning is that some drivers contest the bans, thinking that on our servers they can drive and act in the same way they do elsewhere and do not understand why they are banned. They'll argue until the cows come home and it wastes a lot of my time dealing with this miscreants. Often (never) they never substantiate their arguments.

Only this morning I applied a lifetime ban to a player who was banned for rejoining into traffic (a 90 day ban on STCC public server), he claimed to have had lag - but the replay did not support this so I asked him to send me a copy of his replay to provenence it. The manner of his rejoin suggested he just aimed directly back for the track and there where no signs of lag at all. Yet still he argued, and resorted to calling me a liar and even got all spelling nazi on me - I got to the point where I just banned him for life as it was easier than dealing with him.
On my server there is only 1 rule.

Don't get annoying. I don't care if a person is swearing thier mind out. becuase chances of them Dos atacking you is high. Not that my servers or firewalls cant handle it or anything, but some people whom run a over the counter firewall might not be able too. Something to take as a note.

btw. I use cisco 7140 router for my LFS servers, nothing expencive but works.
Quote from gleetk :On my server there is only 1 rule.

Don't get annoying. I don't care if a person is swearing thier mind out. becuase chances of them Dos atacking you is high. Not that my servers or firewalls cant handle it or anything, but some people whom run a over the counter firewall might not be able too. Something to take as a note.

btw. I use cisco 7140 router for my LFS servers, nothing expencive but works.

Weird rules... Oh well, "Don't get annoying?" What if the host is annoying?
Quote from gleetk :chances of them Dos atacking you is high.

You sure? I work for a colocation provider, and we provide DDoS Boarder Defence and Mitigation. I doubt that you're gonna find someone who DDoS' you just because you wind them up.
On my server I have LFSLapper to auto-kick for swearing. I would also kick someone if they are being very offensive, and ban if they come back and cary on.
On my server I can tollerate swearing for like "oh **** I crashed" but if it is directed at people I issue a verbal warning, if it continues a kick, then if it continues I ban. For wrecking I do a similar thing but I move to pitlane if they are in the way then I kick if they continue.
Quote from jamesrowe :Weird rules... Oh well, "Don't get annoying?" What if the host is annoying?

If the host is annoying you, then just leave. :P

Kick / Ban policies
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG