The online racing simulator
Best way to see close cars?
(5 posts, started )
I was wondering how you guys have set your view.
I have the view set to Custom, Wheels. But then I cant see the cars next to me. I have a POV switch on my wheel, but that only works left, right and back. I cant see the cars next to me in the mirror. Mouselook doesnt seem to be an option because it's hard to get it centered again in the heat of the race.

Is there a way to quickly switch from 1st to 3rd person view?
In other words: how do you look around? (or dont you look sideways at all, and just see if someone hits you in the corner?)
Quote from riffey4 :I was wondering how you guys have set your view.
I have the view set to Custom, Wheels. But then I cant see the cars next to me. I have a POV switch on my wheel, but that only works left, right and back. I cant see the cars next to me in the mirror. Mouselook doesnt seem to be an option because it's hard to get it centered again in the heat of the race.

Is there a way to quickly switch from 1st to 3rd person view?
In other words: how do you look around? (or dont you look sideways at all, and just see if someone hits you in the corner?)

V changes view. I use cockpit view and look left and right and back. Works fine. I have look set to instantaneous.
#3 - Gunn
Ditto on cockpit view and looking left, right and behind. It may seem a bit hard at first but once you get the hang of it it's as easy as falling out of a tree full of bees.
Also you can search for "pitspotter" here. It is a mod that uses sound bytes from NR2003's spotter telling you when a car is next to you and when it is clear. I use this, but still look left/right constantly. Like Gunn says, soon it becomes second nature to be looking to the side.

FWIW, I use 60 degrees FOV, so I can't see either side mirror nor anything except what is directly in front of me. I don't have a problem at all when someone is beside me. It just takes some time and practice. It's very important to know the track very well too, so you don't loose your oriention of the track when looking to the left or right.
Quote from Gunn :Ditto on cockpit view and looking left, right and behind. It may seem a bit hard at first but once you get the hang of it it's as easy as falling out of a tree full of bees.

yeah same here. you should never need to use 3rd person view. i have dfp so i set square and circle to look left and right. x is to look behind

its more about experience and intelligently positioning your car so that you dont crash if the guy in front makes a mistake. if a guy is gaining on you... its best to try and make predictable movements. if you're trying to pass someone... if you are trying to pass and end up going side by side into a corner... leave enough room for both of you to exit if you havent passed him by apex.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG