The online racing simulator
DFP owners,I need your help.
Well,I finally manged to get an DFP.Works great.

What I wanted to ask you is,since I don't want to void the warranty,I wanted to know if is it possibe to know if the DFP's pedals are rev.A or rev.B without opening them.

Can that be known by looking at the serial number sticker on the bottom of the pedals?

Or,by looking at the box? Or any other way?

and yes,I know that the sticker on the little bag with instructions says "B.00" usually means that you got Rev.B.Mine does,but I wan't to be 100 present positive that I got Rev.B. Yes I know, having Rev.B pedals doesn't guarantee that It won't develop the pedal problem,bt I just wan't to know.

Anyway,my pedals serial number is

P/N:863212-0000
PID:YE5433

The consumer declaration sticker says the wheel was imported in 2006.

Also on the box says "(copyright sign) 2005 Logitech",among other things.

Above the barcode on the bottom of the box says: Driving Force Pro 963293-1914.

Sorry if it was already mentioned,I couldn't find anything on the internet,and I really don't wan't to void the warranty to find out if I got some wheel that was really long in stock,and Logitech's support doesn't exist.

Very thankful for any help,

Thunderhead.
There's a sticker on your DFP manual or driver software which tells you if you have Rev. A or Rev. B, IIRC.
Quote from hrtburnout :There's a sticker on your DFP manual or driver software which tells you if you have Rev. A or Rev. B, IIRC.

Yes,and it says that I have a revision B,but as I sait I need to be 100% sure.
rev. b pedals suck as well. infact my rev A pedals lasted longer than the B.
#5 - kaynd
Well if it says it is revB, you have rev B … what else do you expect to see to be convinced?
so its revision b on the manual and it says revision b on the packaging but ur still not 100% sure....?

i have had revision a pedals for over a year of HEAVY use and i've never had a problem
Quote from kaynd :Well if it says it is revB, you have rev B … what else do you expect to see to be convinced?

Quote from nikimere :so its revision b on the manual and it says revision b on the packaging but ur still not 100% sure....?

It's not that clear at all.

My DFP was REV B, as stated on my manual and the sticker. When the pedals went bad I opened them up and the pots were the crappy little white plastic ones.

Logi sent me some new pedals (newer pots), and they only lasted a month. On my third set now, and they've been okay. And all it took to get the replacements was a phone call.

Why not just open them up and have a look? This idea of voiding your warranty is really no big deal with the DFP pedals. If they do go bad, at most all Logi will want from you is the plug from the cable. It's likely they won't even ask for that. I don't think they ever ask for the pedals back. You can apparently tell that the unit has been opened because of some paint on the screws which changes, but honestly, the chances of Logi wanting the unit back, then having someone check, and then refusing you a new pedal set is frankly miniscule. They know the pedals are craptastic, they must have sent out hundreds, if not thousands of new sets.

Anyway, considering you say that the unit was imported 2006, I'd be 99% sure they are the new style pots anyway. I even heard that if you got the crappy type pots, you could just ring Logi and ask for a set with the newer pots anyway.
If it was made in 2005, and the plastic thing the manual come in says Rev B, they're likely rev B. I've had 3 DFP's, all said Rev B, all were indeed Rev B pedals with metal pots.

Opening them up to check is no big deal as the guy above explained. I've delt with Logi tech support a few times and the most they've ever asked for is the connector back, never asked for the whole units as its unreasonable of them to expect you to ship the whole thing to a different country.
Thank you very much guys!

*Goes on to pray that his DFP pedals last as long as possible*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG