The online racing simulator
LFS Servers @ Multiplay
(7 posts, started )
LFS Servers @ Multiplay
Me clan has our own dedi box, and i want to set-up our own LFS server. But were using multiplay and clanforge to admin / operate the servers and stuff and where i go to choose a new game profile, LFS aint listed. Also when my clan leader asked a multiplay tech guy on their irc, he said "Whats Live for Speed?" so im guessing he's never heard of it.

Main question is, is it possible (like have any of you got a LFS server on a multiplay box) and how you did it.

Cheers, Dave.
uhm, wait, slow down, what are you saying?
Ok.

I know that you can get LFS servers from people like 500servers and stuff, but i already have my own server (box) thats capable of hosing game servers. But the system of which we (the clan admins) are given allows us to choose a game, but not install one. So i can choose to get a Half Life 2 server or a Quake 4 server up and running for example, but LFS aint on the list. So i was asking if anyone has a LFS server running on a Multiplay server (box) and how they did it if so.

Better?
Yep but I can't help you.

Though, can't you send them an e-mail or something, asking for LFS on the server?
I've not taken a look at the multiplay facilities for a long, long time. If you have access to the actual box (via RDP or VNC), then you can do it. However, if they've not changed it, and all you've got is a web gui, then its not really possible unless they update it to allow for this, or theres the facility for adding custom processes.

Either way, Multiplay tech are the guys to speak to on this - you could even give him a pointer towards to the forums - there are plenty of community members who would beable to answer any technical questions
Quote from the_angry_angel :I've not taken a look at the multiplay facilities for a long, long time. If you have access to the actual box (via RDP or VNC), then you can do it.

No, it would make life easier if we did as i have experience running a LFS server like that (on an old server for an older clan i was in, only was was remote desctoping to the server.)

Quote from the_angry_angel :However, if they've not changed it, and all you've got is a web gui, then its not really possible unless they update it to allow for this, or theres the facility for adding custom processes.

Yup, Clanforge. They have uploading facilities for files for game servers (such as a settings config file or a sound file) but not a whole server imho.
Question, Does Multiplay use a control panel called TCAdmin for the GUI, ? they will have it completely rebranded to their own stuff but if you could take a screenshot and post it.

If it is then i can tell you what needs to be done to set it up. A tech would have to add it to the games list though i assume.

EDIT: NVM i just looked at the site and its something different. Sorry

LFS Servers @ Multiplay
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG