The online racing simulator
Allow specators to view other car's fuel, tyre temperatures etc. etc.
Not just any spectator, but admins and people who can be designated to be able to view these. This would have several advantages
  1. Commentators on live audio broadcast leagues can see who is going to be pitting in
  2. LFS Lapper etc. could autospectate cars that are out of fuel or have blown tyres
  3. A "demolition derby" server could have automated scoring (for teams, 1 point for blowing an enemy tyre, 2 points for flipping them, 3 for smacking them out the arena etc. etc.)
  4. Weight penalties of extra fuel can be awarded and the admins wouldn't have to ensure drivers are honest.
  5. Something I haven't thought of yet.
Also, admins should be able to force hand over setups. But that's part of that really.
1. You dont get it in real racing, and perceiveably a driver listening to the radio stream could get an advantage from it.
2. I dont see any advantage in this at all. Lapper is a great tool, but using all of it's options on a server (as many do) is like trying to race a Nintendo, adding constraints like this would just make it worse.
3. A better solution for this would be an insim packet with damage
4. A better and more workable solution for this is the previous suggestion of a ballast system
#3 - Jakg
nice idea - but then tbh i really dont mind people seeing how much fuel i have or tyres!
#4 - ORION
not nice because ppl can use this as unfair advantage specially in very long runs.
#5 - Renku
Quote from ORION :not nice because ppl can use this as unfair advantage specially in very long runs.

They can't. Only admins and spectators designated by an admin to be able to will be able to see the info.
#7 - bbman
-1 to the original suggestion

+1 for teaming up with another player, thus being able to watch his telemetry and maybe even adjusting pit strategy (if needed)
A few of the cars at Le Mans this year posted live web page telemetry data . some even did streaming of the car to pit radio ..

+ 1 for admins and "approved" viewers seeing all car info ..
Hmm, Well I check other peoples tyres when i'm racing anyway so that doesn't bother me, however, say i'm adminning the Mercury server and racing, I can check other drivers tyres easily, so checking fuel and stuff would give me an unfair advantage.

I see your points though, I like the idea of being able to team up with someone and see theres but right now I think LFS has more important things to fix instead of adding something on we can all live without.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG