The online racing simulator
My first proper effort at a skin
I'm hoping to get some feedback from all you good people. It's finished now except for a few decals.
Attached images
BMFox.JPG
Looking good, apart from what appears to be texture tearing around the left intake. Also, perhaps you need a higher resolution decal of the motorists Ying-Yang you got there?
Quote from xaotik :Looking good, apart from what appears to be texture tearing around the left intake. Also, perhaps you need a higher resolution decal of the motorists Ying-Yang you got there?

Texture tearing - what's that?

Unfortunately that is the highest res ying-yang Balance Motosport logo. It looks fine at full size it's just when you shrink it down it goes all blocky.
Re: logo - What did you shrink it down with? It's usually when you enlarge something that it should get blocky.

Re: tearing - maybe not the proper term for that, but I mean the way the yellow sort of bleeds/doesn't match at the left intake (unless it's intentionally like that).
Yeah - the stripe over the nosecone is intended to continue down the inside of the air intake. But in retrospect I guess it shouldn't.

I used ArcSofts PhotoStudio 5.5 to shrink down the image. I used the transform tool. Naybe there is a better tool to use?

Thanks for the feedback mate.
Yeah, try to use something that actually resamples the image instead of just resizing it, that way it won't be all blocky. If you have option over what sort of resampling to use opt for "bicubic".
Quote from xaotik :Yeah, try to use something that actually resamples the image instead of just resizing it, that way it won't be all blocky. If you have option over what sort of resampling to use opt for "bicubic".

OK nice one - I'll see if there are any options I've missed but the only other image size change that I have seen so far is by reducign the number of pixels. Not gonna help much.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG