The online racing simulator
Keyboard steering, pedals for accel/braking.
Is it possible? If so, how? As I see it you can use mouse for steering while having pedals connected but you can't use the keyboard.
In NR2k3 I think you can assign this sort of config, no?
I cant see a way this can be done. You can use keyboard for everything else, (While in Wheel / Joystick Option) apart from turn left and right.

Mind you, if you have a set of pedals, shouldnt you have a wheel, or is the wheel not very good???

Cheers,
Quote from marsden1002 :Mind you, if you have a set of pedals, shouldnt you have a wheel, or is the wheel not very good???

No wheel here, sorry. And now that we are on it, the pedals are probably not particularly good either since it's just a home-made contraption with a couple of potensiometers - hence my query since I don't really mind steering with the keyboard (using my mad tapping skills and all) but the throttle control is not so much fun.
Maybe, using a joystick or something, so you can turn with that???

Other than that im unsure, i have tried it for you, and cannot steer the car if i have selected Wheel / Joystick.

Cheers,
Quote from marsden1002 :Maybe, using a joystick or something, so you can turn with that???

Yeah, I thought about that ever since I had to stop using the Force for legal reasons (thanks Mr Lucas).

My problem is that wheels and such take up too much space.

Perhaps (long shot) I should post it in the "Improvement Suggestions".

Thanks for your time marsden1002.
Its Ok, Anytime.

Why dont you use a wheel on your knee or lap. It aint the best way, but wheels are far easer to use, and i have found that myself, but it depends on the user,

Cheers,
I've decided to post as a reply here, rather than making completely new thread:

I'm very fresh owner of the MOMO black wheel, so eventhough I own the driving licence (irl) more than 10 years, I'm still very slow with the wheel, compared to my mouse times (especially FWD cars of course, I know I only need more time to practice).
Plus for the same space reason I would imagine the ideal solution being like this:
(please hardcore sim fans don't throw rocks at me now)

Steering with a mouse, and gas/brake on some kind of "keys", just like keyboard keys we use, but only 2 of them, and with some reasonable yet comfortable lift - analogue sensitivity. Maybe it's just me, being a pretty good hobby piano player, but I'm sure that I could pull really fast laps with something like that. My fingers have totally uncomparably higher precision than my feet. And I believe that this is the case for most players.

I wonder what you guys think about the idea...
Quote from RAYfighter :Steering with a mouse, and gas/brake on some kind of "keys", just like keyboard keys we use, but only 2 of them, and with some reasonable yet comfortable lift - analogue sensitivity.

You know, you can make something like that pretty easy with a potensiometer. Just hook it up to your joystick port and make a lever on it, with a spring (or two). Infact I was thinking of making something like that instead of pedals as well - less space, more fun.

Like a miniature pedal set for fingers.
Attached images
findal.jpg
Quote from slik660 : Good grief people, , thats almost tanamount to perverse ! !

If you drive a car , you drive it with your hands and your feet so, if you play a race sim (and the answers in the title) you play it with both hands and feet !is`nt that the point of the name "sim" ?

LOL hardcore sim lover talking?
Now right hand at your heart slik: do you have the recaro seat in your room? If you now have to admit that you sit on some funny office wheel chair, yet still gonna talk about the feeling in a real car...
nothing personal, that is what I hate on my home simulator set: when this stupid wooden dinning chair starts to skid over the wooden parkets right when I need to brake to this deadly chicane!! :eclipseeh

Another reason will make you teenagers laugh (and I honestly envy you there), but I cannot have the wheel on my working table at home, all the time. I'm lucky to have the best wife at this world, but other people coming around aren't that kind

All and all, finger pedals seem to be the ideal solution for me, and for all the pianoplayers around.
Quote from slik660 :is`nt that the point of the name "sim" ?

Not really. But if a genre name is all that stands between it being fun and tantamount to perverse, let's call it a "game" instead.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG