The online racing simulator
SimFIA F1, GP2, and DTM! Oh my!
With the next season of F1 and DTM coming around and the introduction of GP2 to the SimFIA fold for it's inaugural season. I wanted to guage the ammout of people that know about SimFIA, if indeed at all. If you have not heard of SimFIA then think of the FiA with out a devotion to Ferrari. Inseted that is given to McLaren. We are here to bring together all sorts of racing under one roof, and indeed to cross promote each other.

Live For Speed :
SimFIA's F1 Season 2 will start on October 8th.
SimFIA's DTM Season 2 will start on October 10th.
SimFIA's GP2 Season 1 will start soon.
SimFIA's TrackStart Season 1 will start soon.

Richard Burns Rally :
SimFIA's WIRC Season 1 will start soon.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Seems everybody is saying their league is the best league in the world at the moment. illepall

Yea, that happens. We are not saying we are the best in the world. But that is our goal, and the level of commitment required for things such as F1 give it that top tier level. When we say, top tier, we do mean it. You will not find a more competitive environment to race in. The last race of SimFIA's F1 season had the top 5 drives seprated by .10 of a second. Same happend in the 5th round but with the top 3 drives. DTM also had a similar circumstance.
Well, It's good to know that no one knows about who you are, and what your are doing. Here's one for you. How do you go about advertising on this forum? I see some ads at the top of the page, I was wondering how to be included in all of that?
My guess would be, to ask the devs.
You know I should be in (with pillow) for this GP2 season. As long as it doesn't interfere with the upcoming LIL. But should be fine.
I'm also interested in the GP2 season but need more information on day/time etc.

Keiran
I've certainly heard of the SimFIA, and have been hoping to pick up on a radio broadcast or something at some point as i'd quite like to see something of the racing. The site when I lasted visited it seems like it's more of a closed community and doesn't explain what you are all about, which is something you might like to address - I had no idea you had such ambitious plans for your series' for instance maybe it's been rewritten recently, but i've been there 4 or 5 times and never really found out much about you other than you existed and your drivers used real life skins.

It looks like jolly good fun actually, but i've not had the time to even think about joining another league.

As for being another league that claims it's the best, well, it's all down to the fine print of the wording There's room for us both !
I agree with Becky.
- the SimFIA site is not the greatest design (read: non userfriendly),
and everything seems "hidden".

...should be much more simple and straight forward.
I liked the UFR Miglia Cup site. - very easy to navigate in.
http://www.teamdiabolique.net/ufrcup/

BUUUUUT... we DO have some GREAT racing in SimFIA.
Yup i enjoyed first season of dtm much.. 2nd edition is starting soon..hope to see more fights with mr Kristiansen

Maybe there is someone who has the knowledge and time to make a new site for simfia?
Quote :Here's one for you. How do you go about advertising on this forum? I see some ads at the top of the page, I was wondering how to be included in all of that?

Draw the Banners and send them to Victor via forum PM. his forum name is "Victor"
Quote from Becky Rose :Draw the Banners and send them to Victor via forum PM. his forum name is "Victor"

IIRC you can't do that anymore.
Ah ok, I better get mine removed then .
It's right that the side is not the most beautiful in the world, but neither the worst and when you guys are not to reading lazy, you can figure out the stuff in 5 min

The problem on the side is that the most information are found in the forum. Thats really not soooo user friendly.
Would be nice to have at the main page like a newspaper with photos and stuff and also very recent.
Also more information how many spots are open and so on......
Don't concentrate so much in the forum.

BTW, ther are a lot of spots free for the American DTM devision. The races are on Tuesday 9:30pm EST
Take a shot and try it
Thank you for all of the information, I will work on a more simple down to earth verison 3 of the web site. Also, I did send a PM to Victor before I made this post, and I've got no reply from him ... at all ...
Quote from Dygear :Thank you for all of the information, I will work on a more simple down to earth verison 3 of the web site. Also, I did send a PM to Victor before I made this post, and I've got no reply from him ... at all ...

Not simple, just more information and color
You should know, I do consider my self a programmer. Programmers on the most part only like to give enough information for things to work. It would seem that I must work on the verbosity of the website. Then the question is, what do you want to know?
Quote from Dygear :You should know, I do consider my self a programmer. Programmers on the most part only like to give enough information for things to work. It would seem that I must work on the verbosity of the website. Then the question is, what do you want to know?

Not verbosity, more pictures and stuff. Also important information which are in the forum should be there.
http://www.simfia.com/forum/index.php?topic=315.new#new

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG