The online racing simulator
Interview with Developers
(67 posts, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :It sounds like 2 wheels less than usual.

I accturally made a suggestion about that, brining bikes to the game...
Since the name allready covers mostly anything related to speed, why not?
The first time I heard the name "Live For Speed", I thought about bikes, cars, trucks, boats, mostly anything that had to do with racing...
Sure hope they bring that in the S3...
Well that's the future of LFS. We know they have already tested karts and buggys, so why not bikes, bicycles, soap cars, dragsters, monster trucks, rallye cars, ect. Basically LFS should be capable to simulate everything that has wheels.
Quote from GP4Flo :Well that's the future of LFS. We know they have already tested karts and buggys, so why not bikes, bicycles, soap cars, dragsters, monster trucks, rallye cars, ect. Basically LFS should be capable to simulate everything that has wheels.

we simply want to see
And so the rumour begins...

...soon to be featured as fact.
Quote from Victor van Vlaardingen in Interview :Limitless would be a good keyword

thats a far ranged subject...

does it mean loads of cars 2 drive?
does it mean huge tracks or citydriving?

what u think does it mean?

thx to lfs.norway for that!!!
Quote from MoonForce :thats a far ranged subject...

I have no idea what it means but we will just have to wait and see
anything on wheels.. hmm... baby-stroller, lawn-moaer???????

nice interview! is there an audio as well?
Quote :
Basically LFS should be capable to simulate everything that has wheels.

I want rollerblades simulated in game... illepall
Quote from Fischfix :anything on wheels.. hmm... baby-stroller, lawn-moaer???????

nice interview! is there an audio as well?

No audio..
I do find it a bit worrying where Scawen says a lot of time was spent on the tyres making them 'realistic' which isn't true yet. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the odd 'test drive' in LFS but the road RWD cars with super front and super rear tyres just are not there yet.

Should Scawen feel differently (i.e. this is how it will stay) that would be a dissapointment.
Well, maybe, whatever makes you dislike the physics, is not the tyres but a different part of the whole model? No preload on the differential? No chassis flex?

I think it would be a waste of time to "fix" the tyres over and over, just to later implement a missing feature and find out the tyres behave/feel are all wrong again.
#37 - axus
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, maybe, whatever makes you dislike the physics, is not the tyres but a different part of the whole model? No preload on the differential? No chassis flex?

I think it would be a waste of time to "fix" the tyres over and over, just to later implement a missing feature and find out the tyres behave/feel are all wrong again.

Tyres aren't perfect IMO and I don't think Scawen thinks they are - he's said that they can still take improvement somewhere and he also said there will be another physics patch in the pipeline before S2 final. Whether this will also do anything to the tyres, I do not know.
I agree, but I think they are in a state where you can leave them for a while, and do other things for a change. Like the 589124798 other suggestions Scawen has on his list.
Around 10mins after the interview with the developers was published, I added up a read counter to see how many that read the interview..
Today, 13.50pm 25 sep 2006, there are 676 interview reads....
Thats alot... To me... LoL...

It's nice to know if people like these types of interviews and I do hope people enjoy reading..
I have been thinking of gathering questions and hopefully get some interviews from the veteran players of LFS... If any of the players, whos been with the game since start, want to participate, let me know on email, support@liveforspeed.no and I will email the questions....

I've also been thinking of adding up a web site where you can do interviews related to your experience and thoughts about LFS... I will only add this up if people find this interesting and enough people want to do these interviews....

I havent been playing for so long and allready, but, trough the interview with the developers, I have learned valuable things. If players would do interviews, that would maybe help more and also help other players and newcomers. Especially newcomers, when it comes to theyr thoughts in mind if they should purchase a license...

I would really like to thank Scawen, Eric and Victor, personally, for doing the interview. I didnt expect that Scawen and Eric would answer the questions though I only sent email to Victor... I was really happy that all 3 answered and the answers was more then
I expected. The question I was wonder most about was #11. The answer to that was so good I really hope that newcomers reads it and remembers it by ear...
Again, thank you very much LFS Developers..
On the 'anything on wheels' thing....
I really hope it's not bikes. The controls will be too difficult and unrealistic. It will be impossible to get the same immersive experience as we get at the moment.

Of course, he may not mean bikes at all.

EDIT - forgot to say, thanks for the interview. Both the poster and the devs.
Quote from farcar :On the 'anything on wheels' thing....
I really hope it's not bikes. The controls will be too difficult and unrealistic. It will be impossible to get the same immersive experience as we get at the moment.

Of course, he may not mean bikes at all.

Accturally, that WOULD be cool, if they bring bikes to the game.. there are bike controllers out, just like racing wheel....
Hope anything on wheels mean 2-wheeled things too
Quote from MoonForce :thats a far ranged subject...

I think it means we get a mall environment with various configurations of isles and you have to race around on shopping trolleys
Unicycles!
Nice to read, good question would be when is the next patch out, i'm seeing more and more people online who just want to crash and mess about, and less of the regular people who you have good races with, usually patches brings back some fun.

Anyway, nice questions and answers, hopefully anything on wheels means some motorbikes to, wouldn't that be cool! My guess is ismaller and bigger, like karts and trucks.

Damn, looking forward to S3, well, the final S2 also.
Quote from Fischfix :anything on wheels.. hmm... baby-stroller, lawn-moaer???????

The Commode King's favorite topic^H^H^H^H^H transportation (btw, where is he these days...?)
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I do find it a bit worrying where Scawen says a lot of time was spent on the tyres making them 'realistic' which isn't true yet. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the odd 'test drive' in LFS but the road RWD cars with super front and super rear tyres just are not there yet.

Should Scawen feel differently (i.e. this is how it will stay) that would be a dissapointment.

not this again

according to todd (and i take his word for it) the force combining has come a long way since p and apparently is pretty good as it is
the slip angle curves are already as forgiving and realistic as they can be
and if anything the longitudinal slip curves will become less forgiving in the next patch (as they appear to be a little too forgivin right now)
so if anything the rwds will become harder to drive
I really hope anything on wheels doesn't mean bikes.

Karts would be cool and racing trucks, rally cars and dirt buggies but not bikes.
It should be renamed to "Live For Speed: The ultimate racing simulator for vehicles with 4 wheels"
Mixing bikes and cars would definately create a big mess IMO.

A real kart should be fun.
Why not bikes. Would be at the very least interesting, even if most of us aren't going to rush out and purchase whatever bike controller is available. Would love to see some dirt buggies in LFS though.

Very nice interview btw, thanks

Interview with Developers
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG