The online racing simulator
pit instructions
(21 posts, started )
pit instructions
is it possible for me to change the amount of fuel i want at my next stop while i am in a race? i know you press f12, and can cycle through the options with up and down keys, but how can you change the values (if possible)?

cheers to anyone who can help me.

Use left and right keys
Quote from Jockovic :On line it works, off line you cant change it

you are 100% correct. just tested it in an empty server. thank you
And when will someone in the LFS Planet invent a unit of volume called litres? Playing a lottery with the percent values while thinking about fuel tactics is just so stupid.
Quote from deggis :And when will someone in the LFS Planet invent a unit of volume called litres? Playing a lottery with the percent values while thinking about fuel tactics is just so stupid.

If you have 100 liter (oops, sorry, litre, LOL) tank, what's the difference between filling up to 20 litres (that was hard to type, LOL) and 20%? At least the percentage is universal between all cars no matter of tank size. I prefer percentage .

Not a dig at you deggis at all (just incase it sounds like it is). Just expressing my opinion here .
Because it's just stupid. And most of the cars doesn't have 100 l tank, that's the difference.

And that's not important how universal it is... you can already use two different units for tyre pressures so why not for fuel too.
Quote from deggis :Because it's just stupid. And most of the cars doesn't have 100 l tank, that's the difference.

And that's not important how universal it is..

Its not stupid (of course its not finished either ) because we have a percentage fuel used per lap, its not hard to work out stratergy with percentages and certainly no lottery.

If you imagine every cars tank holds 100 Lts then just stick some tape on your screen with the word Litres on it

IMO % is a good way

SD.
I am afraid i am in agreement with Deggis on this, coming from eastern europe (not uk) where litres are used as a measurement. I would too welcome units of litres for the amount of fuel that you carry. Only thing is if Scawen would decide to add litres he would need to add gallons too to keep the Americans and the British happy...

damn those imperial measurements!
Quote from Madman_CZ :I am afraid i am in agreement with Deggis on this, coming from eastern europe (not uk) where litres are used as a measurement. I would too welcome units of litres for the amount of fuel that you carry. Only thing is if Scawen would decide to add litres he would need to add gallons too to keep the Americans and the British happy...

damn those imperial measurements!

Note to self...next time I go to fill my car I _MUST_ ask for 60%, instead of my usual 30 litres!...

Unfortunately thanks to Brussels we in the UK buy OUR fuel in litres as well, and I can tell ya it's a right bitch trying to work out the MPG...you need a calculator these days just to see how your car is running!
All the petrol pumps in the UK use litres too we still use mph and not kph tho

SD.

Edit : Bladerunner just beat me to it
#13 - Gunn
We use litres where I come from but I don't have any trouble using a percentage, in fact it is probably easier since it is a universal measurement.
Percentage is not a measurement, it is a ratio. You can't go to a shop and for 20% of something without first knowing what 100% is.
In this case 100% is a full tank of fuel

SD.
#16 - Gunn
Quote from ebola :Percentage is not a measurement, it is a ratio. You can't go to a shop and for 20% of something without first knowing what 100% is.

100% is a tank. If a 10 lap race demands 5% per lap I will need my tank filled to 50% or alternatively I may fill it to 25% and refill to 25% at my pitstop. Percentage is just measuring things in increments of 100. This is not unlike measuring using any other unit except that in this case you always know the value of 100%. It's the best way of calculating your fuel demands and usage because it is universally applicable to any quantity or range.

edit: SD got in first
Agreed, so long as the fuel consumption per lap is reported in a %, it makes sense to fill by %. Now if we could change BOTH values to litres (or pints, quarts, gallons, whatever), that would keep everyone happy.
#18 - Gunn
I wouldn't care if it was measured in chickens. My tank holds X chickens and my engine consumes Y chickens per lap. So as long as I don't cock-up my calculations I shouldn't run a fowl race and end up with egg on my face. I know it's a poultry point, but worth crowing about.
I wanted to say something, but after reading Gunn's post, it just totally left my mind.
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed, so long as the fuel consumption per lap is reported in a %, it makes sense to fill by %. Now if we could change BOTH values to litres (or pints, quarts, gallons, whatever), that would keep everyone happy.

Indeed... that's what I meant of course. And why the hell does it now say "fuel load at pitstop" when it actually means "fill tank to xx % at pitstop"? Having "fuel load at pitstop: xx litres" would be just much easier and most of all more logical.

pit instructions
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG