The online racing simulator
Invitational Race (LIL)
(56 posts, started )
Invitational Race (LIL)

www.lfsindy.com

The LFS Indy League is a soon-to-come S2 league that will involve the maximum realism inspired by the real-life Indy Racing League* IndyCar Series*.

The LFS Indy League administration invites you to an invitational race day. We are looking for S2 LFS drivers that are willing to participate in a friendly yet very challenging race.

The LFS Indy League Preseason's Invititational Race Day will be run as follows:

Track: Kyoto Oval (KY1)
Car: Formula XR (FOX)
Laps: 40
Date: September 30th, 2006
Time: 10:00am EDT (14:00pm UTC)

The general LFS Indy League regulations will apply. Since the LIL website is currently not available for the public yet, here are the major regulations to follow during the race:
- Driving start.
- Must respect marshall decisions.
- No actual blue flag (Everyone is allowed to fight for position, but allowing leaders by is high gentlemency). Marshalls will inform.
- No messages (chat) are to be said during the race.
- Suspension break/major hit causes your race to end.
The continuity of th regulations as well as the details to these will be given upon request, and at the pre-race meeting on Teamspeak. (held 30 minutes beforehand)

All players must have Teamspeak and must be present for the pre-race meeting, as well as the race itself. All information will be given through this. No chat/messages are tolerated during the race. All information are transmitted through Teamspeak.

We are expecting high quality close racing coming from all you professionals. This race has as a role to prepare differen aspects of the LFS Indy League for the season itself, as well as to create a beta-stage broadcast coverage of the races.

Take note that lag will kill the race.

The Invitational race will be held on the official LFS Indy League server. You may practice on that server until the race, as you wish.

If you wish to participate in this awesome race, please post your interest in this topic. Spread the word as well. Race server will be password protected for the registered drivers during race day.

Tale note that we ask drivers to wear a different skin/color for the race in order to identify different cars for the broadcast.

Current registrations:
- Knight_Atack
- Anorexicpillow
- Calum
- Iceman31x
- TeamPlayersBlue
- pimpedoutride
- f1r3b4ll
- (-Mark-)
- kloonike
- TSI_SVT
- carmaniac1993
- DieKolkrabe
-
-
-
-
-
-
M: Lebaron

EDIT: TEAMSPEAK has been confirmed to be the conference and race audi transmitter for the LIL Invitational. You can get the TeamSpeak2 Client here
#2 - Calum
:)
I am quite interested in this ,

its different and Its in a type that I enjoy ( SS ) so why not.

please sign me up.

Calum MacDonald

LFS Username : Calum

Any other info needed please just ask.

Calum
join
hey i would like to join as well.....
LFS username: Iceman31x
[ZWR]M.Morris
count me in!!!
after the skillful driving of the safety car tonight i think u ought to count me in!

LFS username: pimpedoutride
name on game: pimped out ride ----didnt see that one coming did ya!

matt

ps. ill upgrade to S2 instead of using my mates as well hehehe

<[email protected]>
I don't see your practice server? is it up all the time?
Thanks people for your interest!

As for the server, it should be up all the time. Some people can't always find it for some reason. Eventually it will be called LFS Indy League - Preseason, but it is currently called LFS-Indy Preseason Server (for some unknown reason). If not on list, try typing the name into the "find server" option, should work.
From your website:
Quote : Indy and such terms are trademarks of Brickyard Trademarks, Inc. Everything found on this website is property of their respective owners.
Please don't sue us.

Aren't you guys are taking an awfully large risk with that logo? Especially with that comment about "Please don't sue us.". I hope you guys get your race/league up and running, but please be carefull.
Thats not their logo, knight made it. its the shape of a fox not an irl car
lol. Yea. We're trying to be as careful as possible, changing things enough not to be too much the same. Differnet logo, different name. And the league is non-profit, so only recreational .
Unfortunately, I cannot participate. I am really interested, but 10AM on a Saturday is not doable. Good Luck!
man out here on the west coast it's 7:00 am:yel:
Im up for this also, username f1r3b4ll
Ill join.. dunno what time it will be overhere
Great stuff.

It should be at 3:00pm on the BST time (England). 2:00pm on UTC.
Lol, yah that was one of the hardest parts of the whole project...finding a time where everyone is able to race.
their are going to be many different tracks right?
For the league there will be a few tracks. But don't forget that this is really about the Invitational LIL Race that will be held on September 30th (2:00pm UTC), that will be held on KY1.
:)
Please do stick to as real as possible ,

even if it is the same / similar tracks each time , it should always be different as the racing is so close with that number of cars that it will always be different.

Calum
hey man sign me up...my lfs user name is carmaniac1993

my racer name is penskeracer#6
hey guys i claim penske #6 car so back off..lol hey can u send me the penske #6 skin in a pm..i have one to use while im not in ur room..but i just want to be able to say that i have it...
Quote from carmaniac1993 :hey guys i claim penske #6 car so back off..lol hey can u send me the penske #6 skin in a pm..i have one to use while im not in ur room..but i just want to be able to say that i have it...

This is just the invitational.... an introductory race to show people what the league is about. After that registration for the LFS Indy league will be accepting applications. once accepted you get the skin.
well when will the "applications" start and what are the qualifications??
The applications will be allowed and accepted shortly after the Invitational. We are finishing up the final touches regarding the LFS Indy League base, then everything shall be up and running.

The only "qualifications" or requirements is to be a quite good driver and most specifically, a clean one. This is required because of the very close racing the league will have. Also a good connection never hurts when it comes to reducing lag.
ok..i guess i consider myself a good driver....

Invitational Race (LIL)
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG