The online racing simulator
TV Tuner Cards
(5 posts, started )
TV Tuner Cards
1 - 2 years ago i got a PCI tv tuner card thing for me comp. (normal 5 channel telly thing) and every time i started the software to watch telly, i get "Capture Device Failure"

Since then i've got basicly everything new hardware wise, gfx card, mobo, cpu etc, the only thing from the old system back then that i still got is a HDD which is now slave, yet i doubt this is the prob.

I tried recently with my mates WinTV Freeview USB stick and that also said the same when it came to running the program, and now i got a freecom one. Dads mate cant get freeview in his area so if i can get it to work, its mine, but i get capture device failure! Anyone know a solution? Or has this prob/knows a solution.

Cheers, Dave.
believe me.. i 've never managed to watch tv on my computer
i tried like 5-6 different cards, even my laptop's built-in tv tuner wont work
so wtf
#3 - dadge
i get that error when i am watching tv and i launch lfs. but after the error i can still watch tv as if there was nothing wrong. maybe it is a codec problem
Is VMR enabled in the options? If it is try turning it off. When it's on I just get a blank screen on my KWorld tv tuner.
Quote from Leifde :Is VMR enabled in the options? If it is try turning it off. When it's on I just get a blank screen on my KWorld tv tuner.

Where would that be? I looked through all options and haven't seen any VMR thing.

Also to note, it works 100% fine on my sisters laptop. A mate rekon'd it could be my ATi card because a few people on techy forums have the same issue and have ATi cards, but my sisters laptop has an ATi card, yet works fine. Also its a USB 2 device and all my USB ports (yes i tried it in all of them) are USB 2 yet her USB is USB 1. illepall Might just get a box for the telly.

TV Tuner Cards
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG