The online racing simulator
(Almost) Fictional FXR DTM
(12 posts, started )
#1 - migf1
I'm working on an (almost) fictional DTM skin for FXR... obviously inspired by Mercedes DTM entries. Should I let it go public as soon as I finish it? Do you like it? Will you use it?
Attached images
_FXR_prev01.jpg
_FXR_prev02.jpg
_FXR_prev03.jpg
it's good, but they grey looks burnt. If you released a version with a flat silver colour I'll use it.
#3 - migf1
Quote from Stew2000 :it's good, but they grey looks burnt. If you released a version with a flat silver colour I'll use it.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Unfortunately, paintwise there's no such thing as flat silver. We have to either use flat grey and leave the shining to the shader of the game, or use a sliver gradient. In the above skin I tried all the ready silver/metallic gradients available to PSP and that one was the best in my opinion. Any other attempt produced a rather dull result. In the weekend I will post a couple of examples to judge for yourselves. Of course, there is an alternative. To make my own gradient, but it needs some trial & error experiments and I don't know if it is worth the trouble.

Btw, take a look at one of the real DTM Mercedes cars here: http://pizzatrains.com/2006%20 ... rcedesDTM_HIGH%5B1%5D.jpg I'd say its silver is qulite burnt, also, isn't it? Although in completely different tones!
That model looks super chromed
#5 - migf1
#6 - migf1
I got some time to work further on the skin... almost there, but still wip!
Attached images
_FXR_prev02.jpg
_FXR_prev03.jpg
_FXR_prev01.jpg
It looks really good.
looks good.
-noticed one thing...
...the sidemirror goes right through the numberplate... :nerd:
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Ok, I think I have nothing else to add to the skin. Please post your final thoughts and confirm that you want me to realease it publicly.

Oh yes, for the mirror on the number plate, I know it's odd but aesthetically I like it better this way. What I don't like is that the plate is streched (i didn't use the prestreching technicque for this skin, I got lazy ). Ah and something else, do you think I sould paint the mirrors red or leave them black?
Attached images
_FXR_prev01.jpg
_FXR_prev02.jpg
_FXR_prev03.jpg
_FXR_prev04.jpg
If you paint the mirrors red, then it can be Car #2. then you can do team racing with them
Quote from Stew2000 :If you paint the mirrors red, then it can be Car #2. then you can do team racing with them

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG