The online racing simulator
DFP mods?
(32 posts, started )
DFP mods?
i thought i should make a post/list of possible DFP mods/addons
any ideas? please post below (with instructions if possible)
Go here
check out 'Wheel adapter', pay Shige Tanaka lots of money and never have to worry about the horrendous price of VPP or BRD wheels.
now thats some serious shit
lol
no no, im talking about DIY
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Sorry, off-topic but I just had to share this disclaimer from the SimConMotion page:

!!!!

Well, motor racing IS dangerous!
Quote from ramtech :now thats some serious shit
lol
no no, im talking about DIY

There's not a lot, if anything, you can do to a DFP. Pretty much spot on already.
is there any where you can get a adapter so you can fit a car or go kart steering wheel on your dfp?
#8 - CSU1
is there a pice list for frex?
I've made adapters for a couple of people to use standard 6 bolt pattern wheels on a DFP, I could make one for you if you like for a small cost. Certainly a lot less than the £90 a Frex one costs. It does essentially what the Frex adapter does, but without the buttons/paddles, and supports a wider range of wheels. Personally I took the center out the original wheel and mounted it to the new one, to retain all the buttons.

You can fit an aftermarket gearknob to the sequential shifter easily..for the DFP pedals you can stuff a bit of dense foam under the brake pedal to stiffen it up a bit, and using teflon grease on all the moving parts improved mine somewhat.
could u post a pic of ur adapter/wheel please?
Heres a couple of old pics of my wheel mounted, unfortunately I don't have any pics of the adapter by itself yet, and I can't find the USB lead for my camera at the moment.
Attached images
wheel.jpg
wheel2.jpg
nice one
Quote from Rtsbasic :Heres a couple of old pics of my wheel mounted, unfortunately I don't have any pics of the adapter by itself yet, and I can't find the USB lead for my camera at the moment.

shit why didnt i think of using the buttons part like that on mine...

oh yea, I didnt see things clearly then.
i made a simple adaptor out of wood for mine. I just cut out a round piece of wood about 8mm thick and made it just big enough to screw onto a 6-bolt wheel, and then put the appropriate holes in the middle to screw it onto the DFP hub. Took me all of about 10 mins to do and it works perfectly. I can prob post pics if someone wants to try it
Wood, wow I'm suprised that doesn't let the wheel flex everywhere? I use 6mm lexan for mine.
Is there any way that you could put a shift light on a DFP?
or connect it to your computer?
An application similar to monoleds but designed for the DFP, then borrowing the wiring for one of the DFP's leds and sticking a bigger one on there, would work in theory.

Or you could wire one in via a USB port quite easily, to keep it tidy, if you wish to put it on the wheel, you could have it running back down the main shaft, and make a small hole in the back of the DFP case to run it out of.
If i got a shift light for a car how would you wire it into a usb port?
and would you be able to get a program to do it?
can you send me the link so i can get the DFP lighting program please?
Hi Rtsbasic,

Could you please contact me through email? I still haven't recieved the adapter.

Regards David
David, Check your Inbox mate.

Oli, as far as I know theres currently no program designed to do that with the DFP, only the momo racing. Which is why I said in theory its possible.

As far as wiring a shift light in through USB or RS232, have a look over at the RSC hardware forum, a few people there have done things like this and shown how they did it.
Thnx, and mail sent back

Oliver, HERE, is a link to the wireing scheme of the DFP's wheel itself. For if you would like to use one of the original leds. I've also attached it for your ease. All credit goes to Hoopstar as also specified on the image itself.
Attached images
DFP steering wheel cct diagram.jpg
i have already wired it up but all i need to do now is get a program so i can make it a shift light at the moment its on all the time. Does anybody know where i can go to get this program?

DFP mods?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG