The online racing simulator
Sepia coloured screen
(7 posts, started )
#1 - heyen
Sepia coloured screen - solved thx
Hello,

did anybody encounter this before?

I have S2 installed on a tower and my laptop for the times being away.
After unlocking it on my laptop with the same key as on the tower, the
whole program is only sepia coloured. Is it related to my second unlock?
(though i believe it did work for a while after the second unlock)

Its odd, cause shift+f4 brings a sepia window on a normal desktop.

Any ideas?

Thx
Woah, never heard of that one before. Is it possible to make a screenshot? Personally I doubt it has anything to do with LFS or its unlocks, as two unlocks are perfectly fine and allowed. Maybe try changing the resolution LFS is running at? Could be your monitor/screen that is somehow buggering up at that specific res.

Wait, did you just say shift+f4 has a sepia coloured window? What the christ?
Dodgy download? Incompatible drivers? Who knows.
Lucky you! You got the retro photography edition.

Quote from heyen :Is it related to my second unlock?

Yeah, the third unlock will be duotone.

On a more serious note - how about other programs that work in 3D accelerated mode?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - SamH
Sounds to me like a dodgy RGB cable, or a dry solder on the graphics card or in the monitor to me.. switching between resolutions or colour depths can be quite a kick in the head for some hardware setups. Could be wrong!

[edit] hmm.. just noticed "normal" desktop.. which wouldn't fit my scenario LOL
Since he said it also does this in windowed mode (only in the LFS window, the rest of the desktop is ok) then I think it's more to do with specific settings for 3D accellerated mode apps.

Both nvidia and ATI drivers have a per-app colour correction utility.

nvidia has it in the performance settings when you make a profile for an app, you can set "Color Profile", if you make radical changes to a profile in advanced mode you can get it to be sepia as you can play with the colour curves.
#7 - heyen
Solved
Went into ATI-Settings (ATI 9600) and reset them all to default - problem solved!

Thank you all!

Sepia coloured screen
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG