The online racing simulator
Borat the Movie
(51 posts, started )
Borat the Movie
OMG yeah, I saw the trailer, and I am excited and can't wait to see it. Sadly, I haven't seen any of Sacha Cohen's earlier stuff!!! Ali G looked really funny, and I only saw clips of that

Everything I see of his I laugh bigtime, I think if I go see the Borat movie, I will become an instant fan probably
The entire ali g movie used to be on youtube in parts not sure if it still is.

*edit*

Looks like its been removed no suprise there.
#4 - Jakg
OMG i have recently started watching the Ali G show and LOVE Borat!
Oh god. I can't believe this drivel actually passes as entertainment. Why this sudden Ali G boom anyways? The show has been around for a while...

I'll just go back to watching my racing. At this point I'd rather kill my braincells with beer instead of an idiotic movie or show.
Quote from MAGGOT :Why this sudden Ali G boom anyways?

Because we have something called "a sense of humour"..... illepall
Yeah, it´s really funny for us. But I doubt that people from Kazakhstan are laughing...
looks like a funny film, suprised it wasnt blocked from being produced due to the content and they way it shows Kazaghstan and its people..

its quite strange what people regard as humour these days. I mean if someone from an arab nation decided to make a film about how silly people are say in UK and America i doubt many people would laugh then, Blair and Bush would probably regard it as an attack on our democracy, hell the producer would be probably labeled as terrorist...

ahh the world these days!
People have odd sense of humour. I enjoy this, even I gave aggressive feedback to a finnish TV-program few days ago for dishonouring russians..

I also wouldn't mind if arabs made a parodic film of yankees or vice versa, but if I personally was each of them, I propably would. We humans are a cruel species.

Anyway, thiis moovie is a muust see!
Do people not realise that this is fiction?! Borat is a fictional character, like Ali G, and Bruno the gay Austrian fashion reporter.

It doesn't reflect on Kazakhstan any more than PeeWee Herman, or South Park reflects on the USA.

Borat is funny, because of the stupid way he speaks/looks, but mainly because of the way the people he talks to react to him. From the bible wielding die-hard christians who disapprove of everything he does and says, to the country-club high-class members-only set who try to groom him and Americanise him.

There are far more dangerous and offensive things being preached every day.
:iagree:

I have to see this movie, laughed my ass of with the promo

(yes, i've never heard of Borat before:shy
Quote from Kalev EST :Yeah, it´s really funny for us. But I doubt that people from Kazakhstan are laughing...

Kazakhstan threatened him with legal action for saying a fake "anti-semitic" joke (he is jewish himself!!!, he does it to make the people laughing look bad), so Kazakhstan's government did not like that, and do not like the humour he portrays as Borat. But Kazakhstan's president... his daughter stood up for Sacha and said "we should not be afraid of humour" or something. She got in trouble I am sure, lol.

BTW, Borat was based off this internet phenomenon in 1999, kinda funny: http://www.istanbul.tc/mahir/mahir/
If anything, Borat is anti-american, rather than anti-kazak, TBH, I laugh my arse off at it, anything that shows how ridiculous the bible-belt of america is, is fine by me.

Dan,
Cant wait to see this. Watched all his episoded. Every single one was funny. "I hope you like, it is nice, I like!"
Quote from danowat :If anything, Borat is anti-american, rather than anti-kazak, TBH, I laugh my arse off at it, anything that shows how ridiculous the bible-belt of america is, is fine by me.

Dan,

Ermmm, well he is Jewish, and no matter what nationality you are, he is actually making fun of Jews to make you laugh about it, and to make you look bad. He is very much an activist in this regard, and he has admitted that, as well as given examples of prejudice not only through comedy.
LOL, that trailer looks great. I love the ali g show, so funny. I cant believe he was in NY! i wish i could of saw him XD.
Quote from nikimere :Because we have something called "a sense of humour"..... illepall

Did you read the comment afterwards? I said it has been around for a while, why now has it taken off?
i always thought it was funny. i find Jeremy clarkson's pokes at americans funny as well

and uh... as a canadian i'm sure you've experienced being at the butt of jokes plenty of times.
I enjoy Ali G (but only enjoy, I wouldn't say it was brilliant humour or anything, it's just lots of modern stereotypes), but Borat I find unfunny, unclever, immature and pointless drivel. And I have a sense of humour! I just think it's Cohen's worst and weakest character...
Quote from tristancliffe :I enjoy Ali G (but only enjoy, I wouldn't say it was brilliant humour or anything, it's just lots of modern stereotypes), but Borat I find unfunny, unclever, immature and pointless drivel. And I have a sense of humour! I just think it's Cohen's worst and weakest character...

Agreed. (Except the enjoying Ali G part. I find him the most annoying of the characters... Although, I've always been annoyed with wannabe gangsters; real ones and characters made in jest.) I find Cohen to be funniest when he is not acting as a character. For instance, in the link posted above of him on the Daily Show (now, the Daily Show I find hysterical! I love it!) was great. He's a funny guy, I just find the characters he makes to be annoying, and most of the time, unfunny and just stupid.

Quote from Gabkicks :eremy clarkson's pokes at americans funny as well

Me too. I don't find Borat unfunny because of the stereotypical humour, I find him unfunny because I think it's stupid. And not stupid funny, just stupid.

Quote :and uh... as a canadian i'm sure you've experienced being at the butt of jokes plenty of times.

And how! I enjoy Canadian jokes most of the time. The odd smart-ass or ignorant comment gets me from time to time, but things said in jest I find humourous; assuming they actually posses some form of intelligent thought.
Quote from tristancliffe :I enjoy Ali G (but only enjoy, I wouldn't say it was brilliant humour or anything, it's just lots of modern stereotypes), but Borat I find unfunny, unclever, immature and pointless drivel. And I have a sense of humour! I just think it's Cohen's worst and weakest character...

I think the point of all of his characters is fairly clear, and certainly not original. He puts a very unusual personality into a common and familiar situation, and then makes that character say and do the things most people never would dare to, or even think of, in order to extract a comical reaction from the duped, gullible subject. On top of that are the comical chracteristics and quirks and of course the mandatory catch-phrases, which are far less funny (to me at least), particularly in isolation. Hearing Ali-G say "Booyakasha!" isn't nearly as funny as hearing him get a politician to say it so he can be down with the kids.

I actually much prefer Borat to Ali G, who I immediately grew tired of once he got his own show. But then I think small doses is the format which works best for Ali G, Borat and Bruno, because they're all basically the same device doing the same things, just with a different appearance and sound.
I agree it is probably ali g's weakest character. and Maggot brings up an intersting question in as to why Borat has become so popular now. Maybe a bit of tollerated predjudice there? I remember even years ago i would scold my "friends" for making arab/muslim jokes. which means i was scolding people 24/7
Yeah, he is an anti-semitism character because he is Jewish himself and wants to make the people laughing at those jokes look bad. The joke is on us (if it makes you laugh)
Just game back from cinema. Oh gosh my cheeks still hurt from laughing. Must see movie hehehehehehhe

Borat the Movie
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG